Any recognition if you change status on cruise?

kymbakitty

I think I know the answer to this question, but I have 44 nights sailing so far and two cruises booked. The next one is a 10 day on the Emerald to/from FLL, the other is a 15 night departing from Brazil in March 2011.

Obviously, about half way through our cruise we'll hit Platinum. I'm guessing that because we booked with a different status and didn't hit the next level until we were on the ship, everything will be status quo.

And I highly doubt the cruiseline personnel 1) has knowledge of such changes in the middle of someone's cruise and/or 2) has time to review those that have status changes.

But I thought I would ask the only message board I believe to have the best information out there!

Thanks!

Dawn

I think I know the answer to this question, but I have 44 nights sailing so far and two cruises booked. The next one is a 10 day on the Emerald to/from FLL, the other is a 15 night departing from Brazil in March 2011.

Obviously, about half way through our cruise we'll hit Platinum. I'm guessing that because we booked with a different status and didn't hit the next level until we were on the ship, everything will be status quo.

And I highly doubt the cruiseline personnel 1) has knowledge of such changes in the middle of someone's cruise and/or 2) has time to review those that have status changes.

But I thought I would ask the only message board I believe to have the best information out there!

Thanks!

Dawn

Sure, on your last day you will receive your Platinum card. You may or may not be allowed to use the Platinum Lounge on disembarking.

We received recognition of our Platinum status at the end of the cruise we earned it on. But no added benefits for that cruise. Since yours will be based on days sailed instead of completed cruises, you could always check in with the Captains Circle host to make her aware of your upcoming status.

We received recognition of our Platinum status at the end of the cruise we earned it on. But no added benefits for that cruise. Since yours will be based on days sailed instead of completed cruises, you could always check in with the Captains Circle host to make her aware of your upcoming status.
Even for days sailed your status does not change until the cruise is completed.

From the princess website:

Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days. Land portion of cruisetour does not apply.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp

Except for a few flukes on Princess part that I have read about, which rarely happen, this is the schedule they stick to for giving you the benefits of the next Captain's Circle tier. ;) You should receive your membership information for the next tier towards the end of the cruise you hit the new milestone days or cruises on, but you will not receive your benefits until your next sailing. They do not start in the middle of a cruise, even if you hit the number of days.

If I understand you correctly you should have it after your EMERALD cruise as you should have 54 days.

Yes, that is correct.

We'll have it for our 15 night Brazilian Adventure out of Rio in March 2011 though...and what I just figured out today, is that both me and my husband will get $100 credit toward internet minutes. For some reason, I thought it was a per cabin benefit, but now we will get 500 minutes! That's really the only benefit I see noteworthy...most of our cruises are two weeks or more so, like the other poster pointed out, the longer cruises typically attract the elite cruisers anyway so the shorter line might be for the newbies--ha!!!!

Thanks all!

Dawn

That's really the only benefit I see noteworthy...
I used to think that too until they started having the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge events before dinner. We've enjoyed the drink specials and hors d'ouevres. On our Crown Princess cruise in March, lots of our Cruise Critic roll call friends were Platinum or Elite, so we met up there almost every night and had a great time with them.

I used to think that too until they started having the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge events before dinner. We've enjoyed the drink specials and hors d'ouevres. On our Crown Princess cruise in March, lots of our Cruise Critic roll call friends were Platinum or Elite, so we met up there almost every night and had a great time with them.

We haven't been to a Captain's "Free" reception hour since our first, maybe second cruise. They just aren't for us. They are watered down drinks, just "ok" treats (you are on a cruise....with really good food at your fingertips)....and you wait 30-45 minutes for one drink because everyone seems to show up just for a "free" drink.

I see this as pretty much the same thing. Hubby doesn't drink and he really is not thrilled about attending those type of gatherings.

Having said that, I suppose we might try it....I can talk my hubby into attending at least once with me....and he may like it if it is not swarmming with hundreds of people just there for a freebie.

I'll know more in March 2011!

:)

We haven't been to a Captain's "Free" reception hour since our first, maybe second cruise. They just aren't for us. They are watered down drinks, just "ok" treats

These are two different events.

geoherb is talking about an almost every evening getogether (in Skywalkers on the ships that have that location) for suite/elite/platinum passengers. A nice spread of food. The drinks are not free and are not watered down. There will be one nightly special drink at a special price and, of course, you can order and pay for any other alcoholic drink the ship sells.

So true Caribill,

We usually go to both and I can say I have N E V E R had a watered down drink (of course i drink red wine LOL)

The idea that Princess would intentionally water down a drink is so "way out there".

I have had the watered down drink in the Platinum/Elite lounge. Don't know whose fault it was Princess or the bartender just forgot to add booze!

So true Caribill,

We usually go to both and I can say I have N E V E R had a watered down drink (of course i drink red wine LOL)

The idea that Princess would intentionally water down a drink is so "way out there".

There are literally DOZENS of posts about watered down or plain ol' missing alcohol from drinks. It's nothing new and it certainly isn't a Princess only thing.

And I actually never said Princess watered down those drinks they serve at the Captain's Evening...that must have been assumed. But that is what happens when there is ice and alcohol and the waitress walks around with a tray of them....however, as I said, there are plenty of threads about alcohol being relatively non-existent in some of their foo-foo drinks.

But if you drink wine/beer, you'll never have to worry about it...but no one said it was intentionally....that was never stated in my post.

Archived