pharmacy in Belize City?

katsmeeoww

We have purchased meds in the pharmacy without any problem. As with everything in foreign ports use your own good judgement.

They were open last time we were there and I hope they are still there when we arrive in late November.

The place is always packed with cruisers so I doubt they have trouble making the rent:p

Charlie

On our first trip to Belize we hit the Pharmacy for Antibiotics. They had a sign up:

Viagara: 30 pills for $90 or 1 pill for $4. I fell over onto the floor laughing. From what I hear you only need a half of a pill so that is $2 a pop.:rolleyes:

Try to get 1 pill in the states.;)

I buy just good ol' penicillin pills when I'm in Belize City. Pay about 10cents a pill. Have relied on them many, many times through the years.

I had rheumatic fever as a child and had to take penicillin pills for about 20 years. The price I pay for straight penicillin pills in Belize today is about the same price my parents had to pay for my pills 5 decades ago in the US and the pills I buy in Belize seem to work the same.

Dianne

On our first trip to Belize we hit the Pharmacy for Antibiotics. They had a sign up:

Viagara: 30 pills for $90 or 1 pill for $4. I fell over onto the floor laughing. From what I hear you only need a half of a pill so that is $2 a pop.:rolleyes:

Try to get 1 pill in the states.;)

ROTFL!!! My SIL is a pharmacy tech and was telling us about this older gentleman who came to the pharmacy in WalMart one day when she worked there. He wanted a prescription of "Vigaro." Well, naturally, it was all she could do to keep from laughing at the incorrect pronunciation but also at the fact that he was practically begging! He didn't have a script from a dr. so they weren't able to help him. He continued on, "I just need ONE! Please, just one!" I still laugh thinking about it. I guess he should have booked a flight to Belize, huh?

Where is the pharmacy located in relation to where we will port? Also, does anyone have any current (or close to current) prices for:

Ambien CR

Adderall (is this one even available?)

Adipex

Antivert/Meclizine

Retin A

Here's a link to the port area map. It's called the Belize Tourism Village.

I believe that the pharmacy is #17 on the map. Sorry, couldn't find a better reference.

Anyway, when you get off the tender any of the locals should be able to direct you also.

Charlie

Where is the pharmacy located in relation to where we will port? Also, does anyone have any current (or close to current) prices for:

Ambien CR

Adderall (is this one even available?)

Adipex

Antivert/Meclizine

Retin A

I hope they're not talking about this one just across the swing bridge:D:

100_0492.jpg

You might want to stop at this lady's stand across the street from the House of Usher

100_0490.jpg

She has great stuff:

Sam_0293.jpg

Here's a link to the port area map. It's called the Belize Tourism Village.

I believe that the pharmacy is #17 on the map. Sorry, couldn't find a better reference.

Anyway, when you get off the tender any of the locals should be able to direct you also.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie! Great map!! I appreciate the help!

Thanks, Charlie! Great map!! I appreciate the help!

BTW there is a 2nd pharmacy located in the village in the enclosed building at the south end of the pier (past the Wet Lizard). The pharmacy that everyone is talking about here is the #17 on the map.

Charlie

I found this and although it's dated and the prices have probably changed somewhat, it does give an idea of what they have available. This is from Pharmacy Express located in the Belize Tourism Village.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/valor_06/BE/pharm/pharm.htm

Oh yes. That is the place. I'm having flashbacks now.

We were golfing the other day and a friend was telling me that he bought a tube of penicillin cream in a pharmacy in Belize and it was wonderful...Just a dab on a sting takes away the pain and itch.

Has anyone ever bought this?

Barbara

BTW there is a 2nd pharmacy located in the village in the enclosed building at the south end of the pier (past the Wet Lizard). The pharmacy that everyone is talking about here is the #17 on the map.

Charlie

Pharmacy Express is actually #18, but close enough. ;)

A few more pictures beginning around #124 on this page:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/NCLSprit08/belize/index.htm

We were golfing the other day and a friend was telling me that he bought a tube of penicillin cream in a pharmacy in Belize and it was wonderful...Just a dab on a sting takes away the pain and itch.

Has anyone ever bought this?

Barbara

Probably he was talking about Fenagel. Here's a link to a drug information sheet about Fenagel.

They were "sampling" it out several years ago. DW has mild arthritis and rubbed some on a knuckle. It worked well and she has used it off and on since then.

Charlie

• 1 year later...
Hi all--

I'm going to Belize on Carnival 25 Sep from NOLA. SO excited! Has anyone been to the pharmacy in Belize Tourist area recently? I was just wondering if it was still open. Thanks, Kat

I was just there last week 2-29-2012 on Carnival Liberty. Bought some Celebrex for $20 for 30 dayswish had bought more since is 300 in the US but was exceptical of quality I got the same effect as the ones in US. Next time I wilol load up. They can't mail to Us I asked about it.

• 7 months later...

yes My wife And I were there in July and we bout prescription antibiotics and In-haler for my wife $9.00 there $43.00 here.

The pharmacist she is an American and owns the pharmacy she was a pharmacist here in US for 10 years at walmart.

you could help us we been looking for the address or email address we were

going to try to order directly.

would you like out e mail address

Jim and June

Archived