Medications?

Eekee

I'll be cruising Ecstasy to Mexico in December with my mom and sister. My mother is in her 60s and has several prescription medications she needs to bring with her. I'm sure it won't be a problem getting onto the ship, but will she need to have either a written copy of her prescriptions, or their original bottles to get through customs on the way home? Any problems here?

Thanks for the info!

My DH has several meds he takes.

I just fill up his weekly pill box reminder.

Except narcotics....I leave those in the original bottle (with the scrip on it).

We've never, ever been stopped getting on or off the ship.

I suppose it would be a good idea to take all original bottles, just in case.

My husband is an organ transplant receipent and has over 16 different prescriptions. We have had no problems with the weekly pill organizer that we use. I did have my pharmacy run a printout of all medications, dosage, usage etc. No one has asked anything about them.

We have always been advised to travel with prescription meds in the original bottle. Showing that they were prescribed for the person travelling. We also were on the ship when the hurricane delayed our return, and I was able to use the bottles to get a extra week's worth of some very unusual drugs in the main drug store in town, not cheap but I was surprised.

Take them in the original bottles. I even put the thing holding the pills in our safe, just in case. I wouldnt leave them around. Some things I wouldnt chance. Your meds might not be as bad as what we carry around.

We have no problem setting up our meds in the daily divided carriers. Any drug that is a US control schedule 2,3,4,or 5 needs to be in it's original container. With that said we travel ALOT and have gone through customs in many places. Never has our medication ever been looked at. We pack syringes and injections and nothing is ever questioned.

Take them in the original bottles. I even put the thing holding the pills in our safe, just in case. I wouldnt leave them around. Some things I wouldnt chance. Your meds might not be as bad as what we carry around.

Excellent advice. By the way, we do this anytime we travel and there is a safe in the room. Just makes sense.

My husband is an organ transplant receipent and has over 16 different prescriptions. We have had no problems with the weekly pill organizer that we use. I did have my pharmacy run a printout of all medications, dosage, usage etc. No one has asked anything about them.

We do exactly this as well, along with a sheet from Mayo Clinic showing each pill description, what its for and the actual sheet of medications that H takes. It also lists his insulin, as he's an insulin dependent diabetic and we've NEVER had any issues.

I take meds and vitamins as well..never had problems .. I take them in my carry on luggage..I do however have to have the RX sticker on my epipen for airport security( almost had it take away once, then I asked him if he had good insurance incase we decided to sue.. got the epi pen back in a hurry)

I use a day planner type conatiner that helps keep everything organized..

I'll be cruising Ecstasy to Mexico in December with my mom and sister. My mother is in her 60s and has several prescription medications she needs to bring with her. I'm sure it won't be a problem getting onto the ship, but will she need to have either a written copy of her prescriptions, or their original bottles to get through customs on the way home? Any problems here?

Thanks for the info!

If they're run of the mill stuff, I wouldn't bother. I don't.

We just take them in pill organizers because the original 90-day pill bottles for all of our meds would take up too much space. I will carry paper copies of our current receipts just in case.

We have never had a problem boarding the ship in a US port and since we are flying directly home after the cruise I won't care much about the one extra day of meds that I will be carrying back into the country.

Archived