Weather Posting

CRUZCOOL

I'm worried about this also. We sail out of Port Canaveral on Sept. 26th to the Eastern Caribbean. Yikes!:(

Likely no need to worry about the weather, just that they might take you to some ports you hadn't planned on. Unless of course a hurricane heads for the east coast of Florida near your departure date:D

just be aware that while you might not be effected directly by the hurricanes....we sailed one year between two without any trouble, but found ourselves in a horrible backlog of flights trying to get out of Miami to get home, and then Atlanta was backed up because of other backups on the east coast. so while we had no problem with the hurricane that passed san juan two days before we got there and no problem with the hurricane that was due to arrive there in another two days...we were still ten hours late getting home because of airport delays!

have a great trip!

Beverly

I've been checking multiple times daily. If I end up going north instead of Bermuda, I want to know in time to pack some warmer clothes. Oh well, if not I will definitely have a reason to go shopping in port!

Whether or not the cruiselines update their weather advisories in a timely fashion, each of us needs to monitor weather reports from all news sources so that we can make some reasonable assumptions as to the likely impact a tropical depression, storm or hurricane will have on our cruises. We shouldn't depend solely on the cruiseline's website especially since storms of this type can alter course rapidly and while RCI and other lines will make last minute changes as necessary, updating the website, important as that may be,may not be their highest priority.:)

Whether or not the cruiselines update their weather advisories in a timely fashion, each of us needs to monitor weather reports from all news sources so that we can make some reasonable assumptions as to the likely impact a tropical depression, storm or hurricane will have on our cruises. We shouldn't depend solely on the cruiseline's website especially since storms of this type can alter course rapidly and while RCI and other lines will make last minute changes as necessary, updating the website, important as that may be,may not be their highest priority.:)

What!?! MY cruise is not their highest priority? And all this time I thought I was special.

Archived