kettles in room

cappy09

I am cruising on Solstice in W. Med in May 11. Need to know if there are kettles in the room. We are catagory 1 B and would love to have that morning cup of coffee first thing without having to call room service for my caffine fix. I know they had them on the Independence W. Caribbean sailing a year or so ago. Please help if you have first hand knowledge...Thank you

I am cruising on Solstice in W. Med in May 11. Need to know if there are kettles in the room. We are catagory 1 B and would love to have that morning cup of coffee first thing without having to call room service for my caffine fix. I know they had them on the Independence W. Caribbean sailing a year or so ago. Please help if you have first hand knowledge...Thank you

Just off Solstice. I was in AQ and there is not a kettle. I don't think

any cabins have them. I am thinking you mean a teapot? You don't

have to call room service first thing~put the order in the evening

before and it will be delivered at the time you request each morning.

Suites might have them but not regular cabins.

The Independence has electric tea kettles because it now runs year-round out of Southampton, UK. and the English cruising market requires that. No other =X= or RCI ship has them.

Since we are not tea drinkers, we carefully stored them at the start of the TA and then put them back at the end of the trip.

It has been reported that the Eclipse, now in Europe, has the kettles on board in every room. I am hoping they stay when she comes to the Caribbean in Nov. Like you, I want to wake up without having to get dressed, get a good pot of coffee made in my travel french press - and go to the balcony and soak it all in.

Your report of seeing them on the Independence makes me feel good there is a chance they will stay. When we were on the Brilliance 2 years ago in the Med - they did not have them and at that time, this ship was operated by the UK arm of RCI. I guess it is hit or miss on these things.

So, . . . maybe the Solstice will get them before it goes to Europe, . . . or maybe they will do away with them on the Eclipse. I don't think anyone knows for sure. I'm going to take my chances and bring the french press - worse case, I'll run up to the buffet - fill it - and run back. A bit of a pain, but it will work. :)

The Independence has electric tea kettles because it now runs year-round out of Southampton, UK. and the English cruising market requires that. No other =X= or RCI ship has them.

Since we are not tea drinkers, we carefully stored them at the start of the TA and then put them back at the end of the trip.

Well, we had a tea kettle on Vision last week in the Baltic. I think it really depends on the itiniaries.

From What Not To Pack on the Celebrity Site: "Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates".

I don't know if a kettle/teapot would be considered the same as a coffee maker by the scanners on Celebriity. Like the 'What Not To Pack' doesn't mention clothes steamers, when you do a search in FAQ's it says no steamers.

Archived