International Cafe - Free Coffee & Tea?

gemz

Is there free self serve coffee and tea at the International Cafe like Royal Caribbean's cafe's in the Promenade?

With a coffee card fresh brewed coffee and tea are included. There is no self serve anywhere except up in Horizon Court or Cafe Caribe.

You DO NOT need a coffee card as Arlene suggests. You can purchase fresh brewed for a small fee.

Coffee card rules:

In the International Café and/or most bars:

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$25 (+ gratuity) buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and other lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

In the International Café and/or most bars:

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$25 (+ gratuity) buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and other lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

Lets think about all this. Princess now has folks paying for real coffee (the fake syrup stuff is free), paying for water (many will not drink the perfectly fine tap water), folks paying for deck chairs (Sanctuary) etc. One wonders how long until they charge for using tenders, elevators, etc.

Hank

Lets think about all this. Princess now has folks paying for real coffee (the fake syrup stuff is free), paying for water (many will not drink the perfectly fine tap water), folks paying for deck chairs (Sanctuary) etc. One wonders how long until they charge for using tenders, elevators, etc.

Hank

Probably not...:)

I really like the Starbucks coffee packets made with double the water. Yeah I know you don't like it but I do:p. Could I get hot water and a cup at the IC for this coffee and could I bring my own Lipton Blackberry tea bag too? I am not cheap I just like what I like and that is fruity tea and very weak coffee. DH does not drink coffee but would drink hot tea -- what is the charge for hot tea in the IC?

:p

Hank

The syrup based coffee in Horizon Court is evil, vile, stuff, but it's not fake. The syrup is extracted from the same coffee beans as ground coffee. My coffee supplier tells me there are grades for syrup coffee. Princess apparently uses grade triple Z!:p

We did drink faux coffee during WWII, the "Big One" to quote my hero Archie Bunker. Chicory was the most common substitute. New Orleans style, chicory is often mixed with real coffee grounds.

We went to the IC for a quick breakfast on the Ruby and were surprised to be charged for coffee and juice. The coffee was vile sludge and I wound up not drinking it. So much for the great brewed coffee. :rolleyes: I'll stick with the syrup at the HC and MDR.

Archived