Tampa Cruise hints- Hotels, Port, other good info??

CantWait08

Looking for a pre cruise hotel that is around $100. Also looking for hints about the port, embarkation, or any other need to know info about cruising from Tampa. Thanks in advance.

Bid on Priceline.com and punch in only like $65 a night, and 3.5star hotel and you will get a really nice hotel right at the port area. There is a trolley that runs all day you can us for transportation around Channelside! SOOOOO much fun!

Also the hotel will have a shuttle to the port, will be free because it is under 3 miles distance! Have Fun! Loved Tampa!

Looking for a pre cruise hotel that is around $100. Also looking for hints about the port, embarkation, or any other need to know info about cruising from Tampa. Thanks in advance.

Holiday Inn Rocky Point

Approx $85 a night for cruise package includes transportation to port and transportation to the airport after the cruise.

Hampton Inn, Ybor City. Free shuttle to the port [10 minute drive], free parking at the hotel, free breakfast and free shuttle to the historic Ybor City for dinner. Rooms were very nice.

It will depend upon whether you are flying in or driving (need parking for the cruise or just a way to the port terminal)(pickup from the airport?) Lots of choices like the Holiday Inn Express to what ever you purse string will allow. I checked the Hampton Inn & Suites in Yabor city today for a cruise in December. I need parking and shuttle service and was quoted $171.00. I said would you repeat that please and he said $171.00, would you like to make a reservation? I said, you've got to be kidding!! I'm staying at the Quality Inn & Suites, Yabor City which is about 4 miles from the port and the cruise package is $109.00+ the governor and their regular rate is $59.00 without the parking and shuttle so whatever you choose you need to understand what is included in your room price.

Tampa has the easiest embarkation. Get to the port about 11:30 a.m. There shouldn't be a line.

Downtown there is the Florida Aquarium, Channelside, Tampa History Museum, St. Pete Times-Forum (Lightning hockey), Ybor City and Museum of Modern Art.

I'll be getting off when you're getting on.

Hampton Inn, Ybor City. Free shuttle to the port [10 minute drive], free parking at the hotel, free breakfast and free shuttle to the historic Ybor City for dinner. Rooms were very nice.

I second that... this was where we stayed. Free shuttle; however, if you like getting there early, you might want to take a cab. They tell you when they will take you... you can't just say at 9:30 "hey, take me to the port, ok?"

We ate dinner in Ybor City at a Greek restaurant and sat outside... it was WONderful.

We stayed at the Marriott Waterside & Marina right there channelside where the Legend docks...about a five minute drive from the hotel to the port. The hotel was very nice and the views from our room out over the bay was awesome. The pool is rooftop on one of the floors and we listened to live music from a bar across the street from the hotel. It was a nice relaxing evening before the cruise. The next morning we got up early and watched the Legend coming into the channel to dock at the terminal. After that, it was time to start getting ready to check out of the hotel and over to the port.

We stayed at the Marriott Waterside & Marina right there channelside where the Legend docks...about a five minute drive from the hotel to the port. The hotel was very nice and the views from our room out over the bay was awesome. The pool is rooftop on one of the floors and we listened to live music from a bar across the street from the hotel. It was a nice relaxing evening before the cruise. The next morning we got up early and watched the Legend coming into the channel to dock at the terminal. After that, it was time to start getting ready to check out of the hotel and over to the port.

We are flying in on Fri and cruise on Sun. Sounds wonderful!!

We are a group of 6 women cruising the Legend next month. We wanted a hotel where we could all be in the same room the night before the cruise...like a slumber party, lol.

We booked the Marriott Town Place Suites Westshore. For $144 total ($24 per person) we have a 2 room suite with 5 queen beds and a full kitchen. Free airport shuttle, quick breakfast and parking.

I will report back and let you know how it was.

Gina

As a local I can tell you to stay in downtown and Channelside area. Dont venture north of I-275 and for heaven's sake don't walk the Ybor area after dark. I'd recommend staying along the Trolley car line, enjoy the stuff offered near the port. Tampa has the easiest port to get in and out of.

Embassy Suites is across from the Marriott Waterside. Being a local, I would stay at either of these hotels. They are close to the port, restaurants at Channelside, walks along the water, etc.

As a local I can tell you to stay in downtown and Channelside area. Dont venture north of I-275 and for heaven's sake don't walk the Ybor area after dark. I'd recommend staying along the Trolley car line' date=' enjoy the stuff offered near the port. Tampa has the easiest port to get in and out of.[/quote']

I agree with this. We went to that Greek restaurant and had a great time, but there were some really "interesting" sites we observed around that area and on our safe shuttle drive back to the hotel. ;)

Were I to do it again, I would stay at the Marriott. It just wasn't in our budget this last time. It looks lovely from the outside *and* it is right near the port.

We stayed at Embassy Suites downtown in November 08 and it was a great place! I liked that it had the trolley near by and we were able to check out Ybor city. But with this next cruise we are staying at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point, both hubby and I wanted to stay in a different area of Tampa and from the reviews the HI seems to be a pretty good place to stay.

Loved Tampa! We went to Ybor City, the Aquarium and rode the trolley. I won't recommend the hotel we stayed at (we booked through Carnival Vacation Club to use up points) as it was too far away and expensive to get anywhere. Learned our lesson and will check out the boards before we go through Tampa again.

We are a group of 6 women cruising the Legend next month. We wanted a hotel where we could all be in the same room the night before the cruise...like a slumber party, lol.

We booked the Marriott Town Place Suites Westshore. For $144 total ($24 per person) we have a 2 room suite with 5 queen beds and a full kitchen. Free airport shuttle, quick breakfast and parking.

I will report back and let you know how it was.

Gina

Gina please report your experience as I have booked this for our family right before our New Year's cruise and have not found any reviews. Would like to know if I should be looking for two rooms somewhere else if it isn't a good place to stay!

Snow bunny

Gina please report your experience as I have booked this for our family right before our New Year's cruise and have not found any reviews. Would like to know if I should be looking for two rooms somewhere else if it isn't a good place to stay!

Snow bunny

I promise to report back! We are just excited to have a room that we can all fit in together, lol.

Gina

If you need hotel help - I needed two rooms and just got the Hyatt Regency for $50/per night/per room on Priceline! I bid today for a cruise in 2 weeks

M

Thank you. Do you request Zone 6, Tampa Downtown? I am interested in trying to find a hotel on priceline.

Thank you.

Archived