News from whatnot onboard SDII

Cammiem

Hi All!

I've just heard from whatnot.

Sounds like they're all having a wonderful time...not that we expected otherwise. :)

Below is an excerpt from whatnot's email:

Sea Dream has access to posting on cRUISE cRITIC blocked, so I can not post. I can read posts but not write one.

Croatia is even prettier than I had been told. Korcula was stunning and very easy to do on your own, a very clean, pretty, walkable Medieval town. Much less crowded than Dubrovnik, which was nice but they get the big ship.

We did Hvar today which is the St Tropey of Croatia- big yachts, fancy shops, etc.

Tomorrow is Rovinj, which they say is charming and so far unspoiled by tourists. Will try to let you know.

Weather has been wonderful! Earlier in the week it was in the mid 80's but it has cooled to the 70's and is a little breezy today. Long sleeves are good for evening-but bright sun all week.

If you have time you could post on my thread that you heard from me and I'm alive and well and having a great time. Will post after I return on the 25th.

I don't see how that is possible that you can read threads but not post? Maybe whatnot hadn't signed in??

Host Dan

Wonder if that's the case and Whatnot is relying on the computers in the library . . . I forgot to sign out one time and someone on the next voyage by default logged in as me . . . was nice enough to catch it and sign "off".

FT

I don't see how that is possible that you can read threads but not post? Maybe whatnot hadn't signed in??

Host Dan

I was also thinking it was not possible to control Cruise Critic from the outside. Besides, why would they? SD management that I have spoken with are big CC fans and those who post while on board almost universally are relating to us what a great time they are having.:D

I, too, had a couple of issues while on board last week. On one computer, I had difficulty signing in at all. Both library computers had "blocked site" or something like that at the top of the page, but, as you know, I was still able to post. I don't think SD is deliberately blocking Cruise Critic specifically (as Jim points out, many of the staff and crew read it!), but it may be a "social media" block or something?

Vandrefalk

(back home but still without email :()

We arrived home last evening and I'm in up to my ears with getting back in to normal life. Just wanted to post that I did not have my own computer. I was trying to post on the computers in the library. It said that social networking sites were blocked. I could access CC, but when I tried to log in, it would not take my log in. I tried both computers several times and never could get on.

Archived