Travel from Orlando Airport to Port Canavral?

SJChaput

I am looking through the forums trying to find some information on the best way to get from the airport to the port. I am finding a lot of suggestions on hotels and whatnot but I am flying down the same day as the cruise and will be going right from the airport to the ship.

I leave next week and didn't realize until moments ago that it was 45 minutes from the airport. The only other cruise I went on was in Tampa and that was a 10 minute drive at most.

Just want to make sure i make travel arrangements.

Thanks a lot!

Carnival shuttle!

NO! :eek: Carnival shuttle is $35pp each way ... you can get an independent shuttle for much less, if you choose not to rent a car. Go to the Florida Homeports page and search for the "New" I work in Port Canaveral thread (post #295). I have found this to be extremely helpful.

Happy planning! :D

I realize the Carnival Shuttle costs a little more but when I am laying out $$$ for cruise and air sometimes I don't mind paying a little more for Carnival transportation. With Carnival Shuttle there is a little more comfort in knowing that with the 1 hour drive to the port if you encounter traffic delays, flat tire with a rental, etc the ship will most times wait for a shuttle of 50 paying customers. :)

I realize the Carnival Shuttle costs a little more but when I am laying out $$$ for cruise and air sometimes I don't mind paying a little more for Carnival transportation. With Carnival Shuttle there is a little more comfort in knowing that with the 1 hour drive to the port if you encounter traffic delays, flat tire with a rental, etc the ship will most times wait for a shuttle of 50 paying customers. :)

There are privately run shuttles which will run a little cheaper and it's their business to get you to the ship on time, if they didn't, they wouldn't be in business very long. We've booked with travelynx. We're flying in the day before and flying out the day after but we've arranged transport to and from the air/cruise ports to our hotels as well as from our hotel to the ship on departure day. All that for $38 PP, we couldn't rent a vehicle large enough to transport all of us and our luggage for that price. Take a look at the NEW I work in Port Canaveral thread as another has suggested. Loads of information.

Book it privately! You are flying in the day of the cruise, and the last thing you want to encounter is Billy Bob and his family taking their sweet time getting to the motorcoach that will be driving you 1 hour east to Port Canaveral.

If it was me, I would either jump in a cab/private car for hire or rent a car one way.

Hope you have travel insurance in case of any snafu's while flying!

We live near Orlando and use Travelynx for our trips to the port. We get picked up at our home and driven to the port and the same trip is reversed on the way back home. When we get off the ship, they are already there waiting. I would recommend them to anyone.

Cary & Susan,

To get a cab to the port is really expensive. You are talking about a close to 50 mile trip. The cabs charge so much because they will go back empty so they have to make it worth their while.

We live near Orlando and use Travelynx for our trips to the port. We get picked up at our home and driven to the port and the same trip is reversed on the way back home. When we get off the ship, they are already there waiting. I would recommend them to anyone.

Cary & Susan,

To get a cab to the port is really expensive. You are talking about a close to 50 mile trip. The cabs charge so much because they will go back empty so they have to make it worth their while.

We have used Travelynx as well and highly recommend them.

We used priceless transportation..I did a google search and they popped up the entire charge was $120 RT for a family of 4. She was waiting for us at the airport when the flight arrived and was yet again waiting for us when we got off the ship. We were transported in a sedan. I was a bit worried b/c there was not much information regarding the company but they have a very satisfied customer here!! ;)

I am looking through the forums trying to find some information on the best way to get from the airport to the port. I am finding a lot of suggestions on hotels and whatnot but I am flying down the same day as the cruise and will be going right from the airport to the ship.

I leave next week and didn't realize until moments ago that it was 45 minutes from the airport. The only other cruise I went on was in Tampa and that was a 10 minute drive at most.

Just want to make sure i make travel arrangements.

Thanks a lot!

I'm Doing The Same In Two weeks!!!!:D

I Purchased The R/T Transfer From Carnial For 70.00!!

You Can Purchase This On Carnival's Website!!!!

Have A Great Cruise!!!!

I'm Doing The Same In Two weeks!!!!:D

I Purchased The R/T Transfer From Carnial For 70.00!!

You Can Purchase This On Carnival's Website!!!!

Have A Great Cruise!!!!

This is per person so if you are traveling with more than one person, not such a good deal and having to wait till the bus fills up is not fun with 2 small children. It really depends on how many are going and the circumstances of your travel. Good Luck & have fun on your cruise:p

• 1 month later...

Cary & Susan,

has which hour can go down from the boat. If I have a flight has 1:00 PM, at what time the shuttle would owe me to wait ?

Archived