Just off Freedom Eastern/Thank you all!

aricczona

I am currently in FLL airport,fresh from my 8 day Freedom tour. I just wanted to thank everyone on the boards for all the great tips and advice. It really made a great difference in my cruise experience.This was a very port intensive itinerary and with so many excursions and tours to choose from I feel like I have maximized this trip's potential to the fullest. I hope all of you with upcoming cruises utilize the boards and heed the advice. Theres a lot of great people on here. This was only my second cruise and I hope someday to be as knowledgeable and to carry on the tradition of helping the newbs along.

Glad you had a good time. My family and I will be cruising on the Freedom in May 2011. We have booked our cruise, but now we need to decide on excursions, tour operators, etc. When you have time, why don't you share your choices - it may be very helpful to us who are now in the planning stages. Thanks in advance for any help.

I am currently in FLL airport,fresh from my 8 day Freedom tour. I just wanted to thank everyone on the boards for all the great tips and advice. It really made a great difference in my cruise experience.This was a very port intensive itinerary and with so many excursions and tours to choose from I feel like I have maximized this trip's potential to the fullest. I hope all of you with upcoming cruises utilize the boards and heed the advice. Theres a lot of great people on here. This was only my second cruise and I hope someday to be as knowledgeable and to carry on the tradition of helping the newbs along.

Ariczona,

I'm glad you had a good time! My husband and I will be sailing on the Freedom on Oct. 31st. What floor was your room on? We are staying on the Panorama deck and I'm a little worried about motion sickness being so high up on the ship, but still VERY excited! Have a safe trip home!! :)

Denise

I was in cabin 7360 port side balcony,midship. I felt very little motion in this cabin,however the seas were a bit choppy due to igor in the atlantic. We did the behind the fun tour and while in the lower areas in the front of the ship,as well as on the bridge on deck 8 the motion was definitely noticeable.I did not use self assist and was issued a zone 8 luggage tag,was off the ship by 8:15, and at the airport by 8:45. Debarkation began around 6:30 for self assist and VIP. So if time is an issue this should help.also carnival will issue a low zone number for early flights for those who did not self assist. Zone 1 was paged at 8 and went very quickly from there.

Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure we are going to make this flight but just wanted someone with recent experience. We are cabin 1101. The highest and most forward cabin. I have the seasick patches to wear because I have been seasick in the past but on a much smaller boat. Never want to feel that way again:( We are doing the western route. Sounds like you had fun and now it is back to reality:-(

Kim

I was in cabin 7360 port side balcony,midship. I felt very little motion in this cabin,however the seas were a bit choppy due to igor in the atlantic. We did the behind the fun tour and while in the lower areas in the front of the ship,as well as on the bridge on deck 8 the motion was definitely noticeable.I did not use self assist and was issued a zone 8 luggage tag,was off the ship by 8:15, and at the airport by 8:45. Debarkation began around 6:30 for self assist and VIP. So if time is an issue this should help.also carnival will issue a low zone number for early flights for those who did not self assist. Zone 1 was paged at 8 and went very quickly from there.

Thanks for the info about what time self assist debarkation is. We have an early return flight also.

Between flights now, time for some replies. I had a fantastic time,at first I thought this itinerary was too port intensive,with little or no time for relaxation. There were 2 sea days which allowed for some relief and some ports either departed early (Tortla) or arrived later(Nassau). Each island had a unique vibe,and offered a variety of options from shopping to canopy tours. I had no plans for San Juan,but ate at a great place called La Madre. St Thomas did the combo shopping/Megans bay tour(a beautiful beach). Antigua did the" see Antigua by sea" tour on the excellence,amazing sea views,circled the whole island! Tortola was a short day at port so I just walked around town,kinda disappointed by this stop,many shops were closed and town was not pedesrian friendly. Nassau did the Atlantis aquaventure,an AMAZING resort! Great waterpark,aquarium,and plenty of pools and beaches. It was a great way to end the cruise. I would highly recommend this itinerary and will definitely repeat someday.Gotta catch my next flight to Phoenix,gonna be tough facing the desert after the caribbean.

Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure we are going to make this flight but just wanted someone with recent experience. We are cabin 1101. The highest and most forward cabin. I have the seasick patches to wear because I have been seasick in the past but on a much smaller boat. Never want to feel that way again:( We are doing the western route. Sounds like you had fun and now it is back to reality:-(

Kim

We were on this deck in 08. I never felt the motion or had any trouble with it. My only complaint (and it's minor) was the location not convenient to everything. But, we did get used to it.

We were on this deck in 08. I never felt the motion or had any trouble with it. My only complaint (and it's minor) was the location not convenient to everything. But, we did get used to it.

Thanks for the info. We actually didn't ask for this cabin or deck. I think they ran out of triples in our category which I think was 8D and stuck us in a quad category 8E. It is convenient to the gym which I won't be using:p I have never been this high before so I was concerned about the motion. Thanks for putting my mind to ease.

Kim

Flight from dll left at 12:30 connected in tampa for a 3:30 due to arrive in Phx around 5:30 and yes,im flying southwest, free bags! Only downfall,they don't participate in the bag express through carnival.

I guess a better question would have been, how early of a flight could you have caught? I think right now, they have flights that leave at 1045am. Im thinking theyll be ok...your thoughts?

And I agree, free bags are the main reason we're flying southwest.

Aricczona, Im glad you had a great time on your cruise! I will be boarding the Freedom ( Western Itin ) next Saturday, and have waited patiently since booking it in November 2009. Now I cant wait!. I will be waiting to hear more details from your cruise between now and my flight departure.! Thanks for posting.:)

We stayed on the Panorama deck (in room 1028) two weeks ago and loved it. I am one that does suffer a bit of motion sickness so I was worried but it was no better/worse than any other cabin I have stayed in. We didn't have rough seas or anything but I thought that I would feel more motion even in normal seas and I didn't.

We LOVED the location. We walked out our door and down the hallway and we were at the door that led directly out to the Stress Less Pool/Hot tub. You walked down a couple of steps and by the pool and you were at the Lido buffet. The spa was one deck up. The serenity area was two decks up. We ate in the Chic dining room which is located mid ship but we did have to go down a few floors to get there. Also the same for the Victoriana Lounge -- also at the front of the ship, just down several floors.

The things that weren't close to us were the Aft pool, the comedy club (which was in the International Lounge) and the disco, cigar bar, piano bar, etc. Even with those things being in the Aft though, it was an easy walk to get there.

I would definitely choose this location again -- both for convenience and because there didn't seem to be much more motion than any other cabin I have stayed in (which range from aft balcony all the way through mid ship.)

Enjoy your cruise!

OP, we were getting off Freedom when you were getting on! Glad you had a great time. We did, too!! (Ours was the Western Carribean)

Wow,that's funny.I hated leaving the ship today. I did the" behind the fun tour" and saw how the ship staff makes it all happen for us. I considered staying on as staff,but after seeing how hard their job is,kinda made me appreciate my job more. For those with upcoming cruises on this ship I highly recommend the tour,as well as the newly rolled out chef's table on the freedom. Both worth the cost. Well, its been a long day of travel. Feel free to ask more questions I will answer to the best of my ability. Oh,and by the way a 10:45 flight may be pushing it. I used south west bags to go to speed through checkin,but the Airport lines were huge for the rest.

Kim

We were in 1122 and loved the cabin and the deck. I think you will too.

Flight from dll left at 12:30 connected in tampa for a 3:30 due to arrive in Phx around 5:30 and yes,im flying southwest, free bags! Only downfall,they don't participate in the bag express through carnival.

1st time cruisers and will be taking the Freedom on Oct. 31st. We are flying Southwest....you said they don't participate in bag express through Carnival....could you explain this...is there something special we will have to do concerning bags?

Hey Zona-

Sorry to be a pain....What time did your ship dock this morning, what time were you at the airport, did you do self disembark, what zone # were you? Your post was at 713am, which would be 1013am Florida time I assume, since I'm set for AZ time....

I know, the heat out here has my brain fried...Your answers are most valued.:)

Usually at FLL if you are in line at security and your flight is leaving fairly soon, they will let you go to the front of the line. I have seen it happen several times. Security will shout out flight numbers and airlines. I am counting on this when we are there. I know we will be cutting it close.

Kim

Wow,that's funny.I hated leaving the ship today. I did the" behind the fun tour" and saw how the ship staff makes it all happen for us. I considered staying on as staff,but after seeing how hard their job is,kinda made me appreciate my job more. For those with upcoming cruises on this ship I highly recommend the tour,as well as the newly rolled out chef's table on the freedom. Both worth the cost. Well, its been a long day of travel. Feel free to ask more questions I will answer to the best of my ability. Oh,and by the way a 10:45 flight may be pushing it. I used south west bags to go to speed through checkin,but the Airport lines were huge for the rest.

How early did you board to book the Behind the Fun Tour? I understand it is a limited tour and want to make sure we get on in time to book it ourselves.

Archived