RECENt Amount of Reimbursement for Missed Port

Ken076

I understand that in the last several months or so Carnival has announced that they will reimburse the actual amount of their Port Charges for missed Ports rather than the fixed amount of $25 or so.

Can anyone post the amount of reimbursement they're received in last several months for a missed port and what Port?

thanks, Ken

Those amounts are pretty generous, considering they don't owe you anything in the first place.

I doubt anyone cares about the $25... compared to the disappointment of missing a point which they would have paid a lot more than that to see if they could, most likely.

I can easily see them eliminating the refund altogether and renaming the "Port Charges" to "Non-Refundable Port Service Fee" and then say the taxes will be paid by the cruise line and not the passenger.

For example, if your fare was $760 and port charges were $40 they could change the fare to $600 and the new "Non-Refundable Port Service Fee" to $200. And Voila, Carnival has even LOWER fares. Of course they would need to find a way to not let the people bookled under ES claim a rebate. Maybe call the fare something new and before that, exclude it from ES.

You KNOW there is a way they can do that!

Archived