Over night in launderdale

cabana

Check out the Pre-post cruise Hotel board for ideas. Also check out betterbidding.com . There are reviews strategies, winning bids and pictures of some hotels. There is a thread there on how Canadians can get hotels thru priceline

Got the Sheraton FL. on Priceline for $59/night + taxes.Airport shuttle picks you up,no shuttle to the pier which is just fine with me.VERY comfy pillow-top bed,perhaps the best we've ever slept on in a hotel.Nice pool & hot tub,good food in the bar.Close to the pier ($15 cab).

If you just need a room for one night, check out Amerisuites on 17th St. They will pick you up at the airport, give you breakfast in the AM and shuttle you to the pier. Actually, $5-6 will get you to the pier faster. There are also many restaurants within walking distance and a big grocery store to pick up munchies. And, as the others said, Priceline is also an option.

Arlene

Sorry I jumped on the flame thing so fast. It's not my first day on a chat board lol And the pen is still mighter then the sword! I guess I should proof my post lol I was looking for a hotel close to the beach that will tranfser you to the airport in FLL. and to the dock? I should have givin more time to my first post

Our favorite pre- or post-cruise hotel is the Marriott Marina. We stayed at the Sheraton Airport last December before our cruise because I could not get anything closer to the port. It is very nice, and the bed was very comfortable. I liked the pool area, and we were able to enjoy it before leaving for the port.

I have primarily booked through Priceline and have been successful bidding for 3-star hotels from $50 to $60. Go to Bidding for Travel to see what bids are getting accepted for the dates you'll be there. Lots of bidding strategy can be learned from that website, including the zones where you can get free rebids.

Archived