Laura S and Host Walt - Board Problems?

gkm

Hi Garry:) Thank you. I kept thinking about putting the same type of post on here but never did it.

Laura, Walt, Anne, Andy, any of the hosts, we all LOVE this site. Please help!

It gets so frustrating, annoying, or whatever word you care to use. We try to post and it sort of feels like it is in "limbo". The next thing you know it works. But then 10 minutes later it doesn't.

Any explanations for the problems?

Hi Garry:) Thank you. I kept thinking about putting the same type of post on here but never did it.

Laura, Walt, Anne, Andy, any of the hosts, we all LOVE this site. Please help!

It gets so frustrating, annoying, or whatever word you care to use. We try to post and it sort of feels like it is in "limbo". The next thing you know it works. But then 10 minutes later it doesn't.

Any explanations for the problems?

Hi Lois !

I am having the same problems as well, so I am fairly sure it is NOT your computer !

I have emailed everyone to let them know of this.

Not to mention these interesting little error messages:

CGI Timeout

The specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for processing. The server has deleted the process.

(Provided solely in the hope that the admins might be able to use to diagnose the problem)

At least I can access Cruise Critic today. Two days ago there was absolutely nothing, then there was the error page. :eek: However, even though I can access CC, I'm constantly being thrown out when I change threads or go to a page two.:( But, now, I know it's not me or my pc. Looking forward to an early, and longer-lasting fix.

Terry:)

Not to mention these interesting little error messages:

CGI Timeout

The specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for processing. The server has deleted the process.

(Provided solely in the hope that the admins might be able to use to diagnose the problem)

A pearl is a perl unless it's still in an oyster, then it's just sand..... LOL ...

'Top three tech support solutions, as recently compiled: '

'#3 - Have you installed anything new?'

'#2 - Do you have the latest (drivers, service pack, updates... pick your poison)'

and -- the number 1 tech support solution:

'Well, did'ya reboot??'

• Administrators

Sorry for the delay in response.

We are aware of the prioblem. This appears to happen during the busiest time of the day....usually around lunchtime through 3pm Eastern time due to the large number of folks accessing. Usually, trying again in a moment or two works just fine.

We are working on the problem, which we believe at this time requires upgrade to equipment.

Laura

Hi Laura:) Thank you for the reply.

Just an FYI, it has happened to me at all times of the day. I am on the Eastern Time Zone. Just saying that because I know we have cruisers from all over the world.

It has gotten stuck in "limbo" lately early in the morning....as well, as "busiest times" and later in the evening too.

Anyway, thanks for getting back to us.

• Administrators

Here's a bit more info.

Jan - Mar has traditionally been Cruise Critic's BUSIEST time of year, with over 2,000 newbies appearing on the boards per month.

NEWBIES have a tendency to go far back in posts, and access and read everything. Couple this with our "regulars", and we have too many thousands of folks accessing the boards each day.

Add to the above there are over 8,000 new posts each DAY also taking up resources.

I thought that might make it easier to understand the enormity of what we've experienced over these past 8 months with the new boards, thanks of course, to everyone who hangs out here and helps answer questions.

Laura

Unfortunately I'm one of those who pop in at lunch and during the day (really sneaking in and hoping the boss won't see).;) When I only have a few minutes it's really frustrating not to be able to access the thread I want.

We do thank you Laura and we thank your staff. Y'all do a tremendous job and when I think about the number of people that are on and off these boards, it's amazing that there aren't more problems.

Garry

LauraS .... You're great! Thanks for keeping us informed!

Lois .... :D Do you need a laugh? On the question you asked me on "The Pub Crawl in Key West" ... I had to re-type a reply THREE times. Gosh, by the 3rd time ... I'm not even sure what I told you! :D

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived