My time dining prepaid gratuity question

EMED2010

I originally thought the $234 that I paid for the prepaid gratuity was just for the waitstaff but I saw in another post that it was for ALL gratuities. When I added up the suggested gratuities it seemed to include the tip for the cabin steward. Is that correct? Does that mean I won't need to bring extra (except of course for excellent service)?

I originally thought the $234 that I paid for the prepaid gratuity was just for the waitstaff but I saw in another post that it was for ALL gratuities. When I added up the suggested gratuities it seemed to include the tip for the cabin steward. Is that correct? Does that mean I won't need to bring extra (except of course for excellent service)?

Your prepaid gratuity covers all gratuities except for the kids club and any extra you may want to give.

Prepaid covers room attendant, as well as dining room waitstaff. Room service is delivered by the kitchen staff, and it's customary to tip in cash at time of delivery (if you use this service)

What is nice about this, you know everything is taken care of.

Wonderful! Thanks so much for your answers. I will definitely have cash on hand for room service as I plan on having coffee sent each morning.

Here is a tip:

On the back of your cabin door (or sometimes, on the wall right next to the door), there is a small lucite/plastic holder for the little card that you put outside for "please make up my cabin" or "do not disturb".

Stick a couple of one dollar bills in there (it's the perfect size) when you order room service. That way, as soon as they knock, you have the tip right at hand.

Particularly helpful in the morning, when you are half asleep.

:)

Archived