What is the International Cafe?

TropicalQueen14

I get to try all of that in January!! Looks wonderful!!!:) I have been on 6 Princess cruises, and this is the first time there will be an International Cafe on my ship!

Awesome. Enjoy it. I hadn't cruised with a ship with the IC either until last November and it was really great. And aren't those pictures just killing you? I'm hungry now!:D

The chicken Waldorf salad is to die for; there are small tuna salad sandwiches and they mix chopped pimento in for a unique flavor. At breakfast, you can get an egg/ham/cheese on a muffin that's quite tasty. My one negative comment about the IC is that they need more chairs placed around the Atrium. Some days, it took up to 45 minutes for a chair because people were saving them for others with a book or a bag. Often, the person wouldn't show up for an hour. They need to better educate passengers on not being a chair hog.

The chicken Waldorf salad is to die for; there are small tuna salad sandwiches and they mix chopped pimento in for a unique flavor. At breakfast, you can get an egg/ham/cheese on a muffin that's quite tasty. My one negative comment about the IC is that they need more chairs placed around the Atrium. Some days, it took up to 45 minutes for a chair because people were saving them for others with a book or a bag. Often, the person wouldn't show up for an hour. They need to better educate passengers on not being a chair hog.

Why would you wait 45 minutes for a chair there? It's a very short walk to many other places.

Can't wait to try some of these treats! I also can't understand the chair hogs. It drives me crazy to see people playing cards or reading in the Horizon Court. DH will not hesitate to boot a book or bag out of a chair, if we are looking for a place to sit....:cool:

Awesome. Enjoy it. I hadn't cruised with a ship with the IC either until last November and it was really great. And aren't those pictures just killing you? I'm hungry now!:D

Yes, I'm starving - even though I just ate dinner!!!:p

Why would you wait 45 minutes for a chair there? It's a very short walk to many other places.
What's a short walk from the IC? Also, I'd rather not carry a plate of food all over the ship. Plus, I could sit on the planter but it's not nearly as comfortable as the chairs. Not to mention that it didn't occur to me that people would be so rude. I expected them to be aware of others who might want to sit down and eat. Silly me.

Looks Amazing! I noticed on one website it states there is a nominal charge for the bakery items at the International Cafe on "Ruby". Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!!

The only charge at the International Cafe is for gelatto....$1.50 for 3 scoops.... great flavors too...

I'm going to be the voice of dissent and probably get flamed, but I would never get annoyed with someone sitting and talking or reading a book at the IC. IMHO that's a place to meet and talk or just take a break. Granted, in the morning it's pretty crowded with people grabbing a fast bite, but that still doesn't mean that people have to jump up and leave the minute they're done eating. However, to be honest, my room was on the same deck as the IC, so I'd grab something and bring it back to the cabin to eat while I got ready for the day. I LOVE THE IC! In fact, I love the entire Piazza area.

Looks Amazing! I noticed on one website it states there is a nominal charge for the bakery items at the International Cafe on "Ruby". Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!!

When the IC was first introduced, there were some free and some cost items offered.

Sometime last year they switched to all free (except for Gelato). However, some of the cost items were no longer offered then.

Archived