Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

I hate to respond on the weekends because it means I must use my phone, but I couldn't wait until Monday because I didn't want more time to pass with you thinking you might have offended me. I really try to take all comments in the spirit I'm sure they are intended. So no worries here. All is well.

I too am afraid sometimes that my attempts at humor fall short. One of the difficulties of the written word, I guess. After reading back over my answer to Pam about her BFF, I may have been misinterpreted also, because my teasing and attempts at light-hearted banter may fall very short of the mark. I Never mean to offend, so If I have, I am sorry.

I'm sooo very glad we are talking about our FIRE-selves again. Wonder who will be the first with a holiday pictodiary post? Today was December 1st. Anyone???

Whew, thanks, Debbie :) I won't worry anymore. The internet IS hard to translate emotion many times. Especially when it's offbeat dry humor as I tend to do.

Thanks for the skinny jeans thoughts, Anita and Laurie. I'm feeling like they would not be a good choice for me. Maybe I'll try some on someplace and take a picture if it's not too embarrassing.

Anita, no worries on posting pics after a small weight gain. We're friends here :)

Hi all! Kinda been lurking on this thread for a while and thought I had the earth, fire thing figured out but I was looking back at some post and someone mentioned air. Now I am all confused. Is there a website to read up on this?

thanks Vicki

Hi all! Kinda been lurking on this thread for a while and thought I had the earth, fire thing figured out but I was looking back at some post and someone mentioned air. Now I am all confused. Is there a website to read up on this?

thanks Vicki

Hi Vicki...

Once upon a time ago there was a thread that focused on figuring out what your color family is. That thread became such a huge thing...our resident expert, Curt Jerome Wild aka Curt aka CJW, set up a blog that focuses on identifying your color family.

http://fireiceearthandair.wordpress.com/

If you go through the consultation on the site, you will work with Curt. There are four color families: Fire, Ice, Earth and Air. These families represent the four different combinations that result from coupling cool or warm colors with clear or muted colors.

Hi ladies!

I'm still working on my colors, did color analysis with Curt while back, he said I was Fire, all the bright and scary colors for me, lol

Anyway, I still want to do this but in reality wear lots of black, OMG, I know this has to stop, tired of people telling me that I look tired. I'm here for mental support and maybe little guidence.

I have to color my hair, and I was just wondering what color Anitas mom uses on her hair?

And I will be back with pics!

Hi all

Wow! Sorry I missed everyone!!! Great to see this thread running again.

So glad to see some new posts also!

Debbie- what a knock-out you are!! Love the outfits. And I even like the scarf belt!

As for holiday outfits - It will be fun to see everyone again. I wish now I'd gotten a photo of me Monday when I was at a red hat Christmas party here. Thing is - I have to wear purple clothes and a RED Hat. Now, finding a hat in fire red is next to impossible here, so I wore one of my old Santa hats. And the dress I wore is not really a fire red, but more and earth, but I get so many compliments on how nice I look in it. I may put my duds on tomorrow and take a photo for you, if I get the time and let you be the judge.

I've been super busy lately trying to get ready for the holidays and I'm way behind schedule!!! I try to make my Christmas cards, but got a really late start, so think I'll just send bought ones this year. I still have to make 8 for my great nieces and nephews though. Just finished making gift boxes for my red hat ladies. Have to make cookies and snacks yet. Yikes - Stress city!!! I keep telling myself to let it go, but then I start stressing again... just my nature!:eek:

Anyway- I have another party scheduled this Sunday- it's another red hat one! But, it's very casual so we'll see what kind of photos I get!

I have to color my hair, and I was just wondering what color Anitas mom uses on her hair?

Rena...welcome to the color journey. It'll be such an adventure. The transition from black seems to be what most of us (regardless of element) have to overcome...some easier than others. Not sure if you are a city dweller (the most difficult transition IMO), suburb or what... It's very fun and having someone new on the journey always sparks everyone else...so glad you joined the discussion. Even though I'm an Earth...because Mom's a Fire...and because I just like to talk...I participate over here as well. We are all in the color family. :)

Mom is on a cruise right now. She'll be here with me on the 19th. I know that she has her hair professionally done, but she knows what product is used. You may not want to wait that long to know... I could ask in an email. We stay in touch.

Meanwhile...I took a photo of my holiday party outfit last night, but I have to download it from the camera...and I'm not up for that tonight. Tomorrow. I'll post on the Earth thread, so what for it ladies!

Do share Linda...we need to get this ball rolling! :D

Hi all! Here are the pics as promised. These are for a more formal Red Hat Christmas Party I attended last week. The dress is velvet with a burnout jacket trimmed in velvet. Without hat...

v4m8ih.jpg

and with required hat. I know the hat is not our color but what you gonna do? Oh and the red eye correct didn't work on my camera and I didn't catch that until now.

117ej68.jpg

Ohhno!!! I went to post the informal ones from today and they have disappeared! Now, I have to figure this one out- have no idea where they went....will try to find them and then post.

FOUND IT!

The lighting is not very good as it's been raining all day and cloudy & DH is not the best camera man.

2rx89on.jpg

Edited by snuggles

thanks Vicki

Hi Vicki,

As Anita mentioned, look at CJW's sight. You could also get in touch with him and get your analysis done. He's got a great eye for color and knows his stuff :) Then you can get into your correct color family. If you are an EARTH or FIRE, we have threads started on those families on here. If you are an ICE or AIR, you might think about starting a thread devoted to that family.

Hi ladies!

I'm still working on my colors, did color analysis with Curt while back, he said I was Fire, all the bright and scary colors for me, lol

Anyway, I still want to do this but in reality wear lots of black, OMG, I know this has to stop, tired of people telling me that I look tired. I'm here for mental support and maybe little guidence.

And I will be back with pics!

Hi,

Glad to have you on board here :) jump right in the conversation anytime, we're a friendly and inquisitive bunch. We also LOVE photos, don't we gals????

Did you get the FIRE color cards from CJW? if so, in the back of the cards are good FIRE colors for hair. Did you ask CJW what he thought might look nice on you?

Linda,

So good to hear from you and also see pictures! You know how we love them!!!!

I looked back at some of your color party pictures and what a difference there is when you are in your FIRE colors versus these new pictures. You just radiate in FIRE colors!!!! Although, I must say that the first pic of you by the Christmas tree is really a good one, even though you aren't in FIREY colors!!!

To my eye, your red hat doesn't look too far off our FIRE red. I think it's the white fur around it that really is the "off" color. What do you and others think about that?

FIRE colors or not, so glad to hear from you and see your pictures:D You look great.

Linda, love your pictures. I thought about you yesterday. I wore a purple sweater with my cream/brown/black tweed skirt to work. I realized when I got to work that I hadn't changed from the red purse that I've been carrying since Thanksgiving. Usually everything this time of year works with that purse. I thought about you and your Red Hat Ladies. I would have fit right in if someone had loaned me a hat! After I looked at it for a bit, I decided that I kinda like red and purple together. But what do I know? I think purple goes with everything!!!

Linda, love your pictures. I thought about you yesterday. I wore a purple sweater with my cream/brown/black tweed skirt to work. I realized when I got to work that I hadn't changed from the red purse that I've been carrying since Thanksgiving. Usually everything this time of year works with that purse. I thought about you and your Red Hat Ladies. I would have fit right in if someone had loaned me a hat! After I looked at it for a bit, I decided that I kinda like red and purple together. But what do I know? I think purple goes with everything!!!

Thanks for thinking of me! But purple does go with everything!!! LOL I wore it with brown pants and a brown skirt I have. Also tried it with our green and I like it! Felt like an easter egg though!:D I have so much fun with my ladies! It feels so good to get out and just play every once in a while!:)

I do have another Christmas outfit! It's all cream white and gold. Will try to get a good photo of it this week some time or may have to wait until Christmas.

DH and I went shopping this weekend. We left Friday and spent the night then finished up today _ YEA!!! I'm done shopping! (I got myself a really cool pair of red pants! DH spotted them and I love them.) We got home late this AM. I did 4 batches of cookies and 2 batches of cinnamon nuts. I'm now beat! Ready for bed as I didn't sleep at all last night-just couldn't get my brain to shut down- had to much caffine I guess!

Edited by snuggles

Hi, Everybody.... and Happy New Year.

As you can imagine, I am dealing with the end-of-travel blahs. And this year I have to include the end-of-holiday blahs. And the end-of-party blahs. So, that makes for a lot of blahs to have to deal with at once.

I was gone from the 29th of November to the 29th of December. So, that makes for a LOT of reading catch-up to do. I have to do some deep breathing exercises, (speaking of exercises, I have to do a bit more of Zumba to get rid of some unwanted pounds... haven't felt much like getting out of the house right now, though) and I have to get back to a routine so I feel organized.

I haven't even looked at the camera pics. But I promise that I will and that I'll post if anything looks remotely promising. I can tell you that we had a great cruise and an even better visit with Anita and family! We didn't do too much picture taking at Anita's... it was so DARN COLD in Georgia! So. Darn. Cold.

Why weren't there a bunch of pics in front of Christmas Trees?!? I have an excuse... but what was everyone else's? Except Linda! Yeah! You looked beautiful and happy in front of your Christmas Tree. What fun to go to Red Hat parties!

So here we are in 2013. Does anyone else feel a bit bewildered by it all? LOL.

Welcome back, Pam. Glad you had a nice time on your travels.

I have no real excuses about the lack of photos from me! We don't really have parties during the holidays that we go to, etc. we're kind of homebodies. We did get lots of snow, more than we have had for a few years. That was our big holiday excitement around here :eek:

Looking forward to your pictodiary!

• 2 weeks later...

OMG. I didn't realize your trip was so close!! I'm so excited for you!!

While I agree that photos of Africa would be interesting...you'd be surprised how interesting it will be for us to see what you bring to wear on your trip. For the vacation planner in all of us...that will actually be very informative! Seriously. :)

What Linda said :D

We go to Africa in 12 days. Promise I'll do a PICTODIARY, although I think the more interesting pics will be of Africa :eek:

OMG:eek: How times does fly!!! I thought you had 2 more months!! Anyway, how are you doing with your trip wardrobe? You know we're all looking forward to seeing YOU in those pics!!:cool:

Oh my Lord, I've been packed for a month! It was hard to pack--for a 2 week trip we're only taking a carry-on and a backpack, we need to take sporty clothes that hand wash and dry easily, will be practical to wear in hot, dusty and/or wet conditions AND they discourage bright colored clothing (which I did not follow terribly closely) :eek:

We're also stopping over in Amsterdam for 9 hours and it will be cold there. So, we're trying to plan for that too.

I go from being over the top excited to really nervous about the trip. If you would all say a prayer for a safe trip for us, I would appreciate that.

Yep~ what Anita said!!! :DI'm super excited for you! And I can understand your nervousness ~ here's something I do... Just keep telling yourself that no matter what the universe throws at you, you will survive with a laugh and a smile and have a wonderful time. You won't believe some of the things that have happened on our trips, but I smiled and laughed it off and had a wonderful time, while others grumbled and gripped the entire trip and had a horrible experience. I have wonderful memories of those horrible trips!