Carnival Magic

Kruz Guys

We are starting to look into a Mediterranean cruise for next fall and saw that Carnival is introducing a new ship, Carnival Magic, for the Mediterranean.

My question is about the Carnival cruise line itself. We are two older adults and do not want a cruise that is going to be full of children and teens. It isn't that we don't like children but we want a more mature crowd on our cruise where we can relax.

Our six cruise experiences have been on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Norwegian.

Should we consider Carnival in our exploration of possible cruises?

Thanks

:confused: :)

I would avoid Summer on any cruise line for the kids and the heat. Med cruises tend to be longer than a week and that also helps cut down on the number of families.

I think on our 12 day Carnival Spirit cruise to Hawaii last Spring there were something like 25 kids total on the ship. I'm not sure I ever saw one, or at least there were no obnoxious ones.

You can drop in on the Roll Calls for any of the cruises you are considering and ask how many, if any, will be traveling with children/teens.

I would avoid Summer on any cruise line for the kids and the heat. Med cruises tend to be longer than a week and that also helps cut down on the number of families.

I think on our 12 day Carnival Spirit cruise to Hawaii last Spring there were something like 25 kids total on the ship. I'm not sure I ever saw one, or at least there were no obnoxious ones.

You can drop in on the Roll Calls for any of the cruises you are considering and ask how many, if any, will be traveling with children/teens.

Good info and suggestion about the Roll Calls. Appreciate it.

The med cruises are generally filled with adults (and most over 30). They are also pretty port intensive and the night life is a little more subdued.

That's good info and encouraging. I think we will put Carnival on our list of possibilities as we are exploring. Thanks for your reply.:D

We are starting to look into a Mediterranean cruise for next fall and saw that Carnival is introducing a new ship, Carnival Magic, for the Mediterranean.

My question is about the Carnival cruise line itself. We are two older adults and do not want a cruise that is going to be full of children and teens. It isn't that we don't like children but we want a more mature crowd on our cruise where we can relax.

Our six cruise experiences have been on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Norwegian.

Should we consider Carnival in our exploration of possible cruises?

Thanks

:confused: :)

I think it all depends on when you go. If you do your Med cruise in July or August, you will see lots of kids on all of the lines because of summer vacation. We were on the Ruby Princess on our July 4 Grand Med cruise and there were more kids than I have seen on any of my Carnival cruises (we cruise in April when we do Caribbean cruises).

However, we did choose Carnival for our August Med cruise on the Magic for four reasons and you won't like one of them: (1) Great price, (2) New ship, (3) great itinerary, (4) This ship looks like it's fun for kids and the entire family.

I don't think kids will be an issue, especially on the 9-day itineraries with only one sea day. We actually booked a spa balcony cabin to be away from the noise and Carnival also has "serenity" adults only areas. Carnival keeps the kids occupied (better than other cruise lines) and I wouldn't let that be an issue in your decision to book or not book a Carnival Magic Med itinerary.

Please pay close attention to itineraries on the Magic as Carnival has changed some and for the worse. Passengers have seen Livorno (for Florence/Pisa) removed because Carnival couldn't secure docking and replaced by Savona (not much there). There have been other changes as well. Please check carefully.

I think it all depends on when you go. If you do your Med cruise in July or August, you will see lots of kids on all of the lines because of summer vacation. We were on the Ruby Princess on our July 4 Grand Med cruise and there were more kids than I have seen on any of my Carnival cruises (we cruise in April when we do Caribbean cruises).

However, we did choose Carnival for our August Med cruise on the Magic for four reasons and you won't like one of them: (1) Great price, (2) New ship, (3) great itinerary, (4) This ship looks like it's fun for kids and the entire family.

I don't think kids will be an issue, especially on the 9-day itineraries with only one sea day. We actually booked a spa balcony cabin to be away from the noise and Carnival also has "serenity" adults only areas. Carnival keeps the kids occupied (better than other cruise lines) and I wouldn't let that be an issue in your decision to book or not book a Carnival Magic Med itinerary.

Please pay close attention to itineraries on the Magic as Carnival has changed some and for the worse. Passengers have seen Livorno (for Florence/Pisa) removed because Carnival couldn't secure docking and replaced by Savona (not much there). There have been other changes as well. Please check carefully.

Terrific information. Thanks so much. I definately will check out the itineraries closely.

We want to go during the Fall primarily because of work schedules and weather.

Thanks again. :D

Terrific information. Thanks so much. I definately will check out the itineraries closely.

We want to go during the Fall primarily because of work schedules and weather.

Thanks again. :D

Once school starts, the kids will all be in school. You should be fine and the prices are so much lower after the kids are back in school. I wish we could do it. Of course, we are with are kids and they are in school. ;) September is great once it starts to cool down and it's still warm enough to enjoy being outside.

Just remember to make sure that the itinerary you choose has Livorno and not Savona. In Septemer, the 9/4 (12-day) and 9/16 (9-day) have Livorno and the 9/25 (12-day) has Savona. To me, that's a deal breaker. We loved our Pisa/Florence tour and seeing Michaelangelo's David at the Accademy was just amazing. The prices for the two 12-day cruises are $100 more for the ones that have Livorno and not Savona. But that's a bargain to see one of the world's great cities.

Have a great cruise and visit the ports of call euorpe (eastern & western mediterranean) boards here at cruise critic for ideas on what to do and how to do it. The regulars on that board helped me have the vacation of my life and I still get great information from them for my next cruise. They (the regulars) are the best kept secret on Cruise Critic. Have a great cruise and good luck with your selection.

Once school starts, the kids will all be in school. You should be fine and the prices are so much lower after the kids are back in school. I wish we could do it. Of course, we are with are kids and they are in school. ;) September is great once it starts to cool down and it's still warm enough to enjoy being outside.

Just remember to make sure that the itinerary you choose has Livorno and not Savona. In Septemer, the 9/4 (12-day) and 9/16 (9-day) have Livorno and the 9/25 (12-day) has Savona. To me, that's a deal breaker. We loved our Pisa/Florence tour and seeing Michaelangelo's David at the Accademy was just amazing. The prices for the two 12-day cruises are $100 more for the ones that have Livorno and not Savona. But that's a bargain to see one of the world's great cities.

Have a great cruise and visit the ports of call euorpe (eastern & western mediterranean) boards here at cruise critic for ideas on what to do and how to do it. The regulars on that board helped me have the vacation of my life and I still get great information from them for my next cruise. They (the regulars) are the best kept secret on Cruise Critic. Have a great cruise and good luck with your selection.

Excellent info. Thanks for the tips. :D

Archived