Mike & Tracy’s Excellent Adventure: B2B2B2B on Destiny, Imagination, Valor, Freedom

MikeyA53

Good luck to tracy, I'm sure it will be hard when she is away but if she is happy it will be all worth it.

How was the shopping in the port area. good enough or should we go into town.

Hi, Tracy here, Mike and I never felt the need to leave the shops at port because they had plenty of nice things there at good prices, and don't be too shy to barter with these people for a good deal. I also found that the weather was so hot that I didn't want to venture too far from the cruise ship. Hope that helps?

Mike, I have been keeping up since the beginning and am enjoying it IMMENSELY. I do have a question that I don't remember anyone asking. How long did it take ya'll to get your land legs back? When I've been on a ship for a week, I sway back and forth for a few days after I get home. I'm guessing, after almost a MONTH on a ship, ya'll are STILL swaying! I know..you were on land for port calls..but you were at sea more time than on land. How did that work for you? Thanks again for the epic review.

(btw..I'm on team Mike)

Thank you for being there from the beginning and we're happy that you're enjoying the review. Personnaly I felt it for one day, I believe it was after the second cruise when we stayed in Miami for two days. Tracy just told me that she never felt it. It must affect everyone differently.

I just remembered that it was difficult at times running on the threadmill. I kept putting my hands on the side bars to keep my balance. Wonder if anyone else experienced that. Towards the end of our vacation I ran outside on the track without a problem.

Thanks to you, Mike and your lovely wife, Tracy for such a review. Been following it since the beginning. Are you going to do the Chef's table on the Freedom? Seems like that would be a fitting thing to do at the end of your trip.

Mike, here is a link to a video that I shot in Cabin 4237 on the Carnival Spirit just before we arrived in Hawaii during the fifth sea day. It is shot in a circuitous manner from the entrance, looking into the sitting area, then into the powder room area, then the bathroom with the shower inside a Jacuzzi-type tub, then the walk-in closet, the bedroom and then out to the large wrap-around balcony.

I uploaded it to Photobucket in standard resolution and it seems to be about 12 Megs in size. (The raw image in HD is 156 Meg.) It at least gives you an idea of why we cruise in these cabins. It plays fine without any delay on my computer.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/fazzdaan/The%20Carnival%20Spirit/?action=view&current=00004.mp4

Edited by Fazzdaan

??

030.jpg

IMHO...I think this is a sea turtle. Yes, the neck does seem a little long...so it might be the rarely sighted 'long necked' sea turtle!!!! :p

Like all the others have said before me Mike, your review and pictures are simply fabulous. I'm so happy that the 'proposal' went off without a hitch!!!! ;)

I look forward to the rest of the review.....!

Joyce :D

Hi, Tracy here, Mike and I never felt the need to leave the shops at port because they had plenty of nice things there at good prices, and don't be too shy to barter with these people for a good deal. I also found that the weather was so hot that I didn't want to venture too far from the cruise ship. Hope that helps?

Hi Tracy, thanks for getting back to me. Years ago when we did a land vacation we went for a week there and have been in town. but we are doing Nachi for the day and didn't want to leave there into town then to the port.

I'm not planning on having this a shopping vacation but would like to pick up a few things.

Donna

Saturday, Sept 4th : Sea Day (renewal)

We got up at around 8:00 a.m. This is our last day on the Valor (sad) but we are renewing our vows today at 4:00 p.m. (Happy).

Last night we met with the group coordinator for vow renewals, Maserame. She helped us with the final arrangements. We got a copy of our vows, we love them, no need to change anything. We picked out the cake and flowers. Captain Pierluigi Barrile will be performing the ceremony. Arielle and Mitchel will be our witnesses. Tracy asked her dad to walk her down the aisle again.

We went to the Washington Dining Room for breakfast and met two very nice couples, one from Georgia and one from the St. Louis area. We chatted for a very long time. We noticed that we were the last one’s in the dining room when the waiters started hovering around the table (oops).

Soon after, it was lunch time and the adults all met in the Washington Dining Room for lunch. Love going to the dining room on sea days. Afterwards we all went to the Lido deck for the chocolate buffet. (12:00 - 2:30 p.m).

Cruising2010350.jpg

Cruising2010353-1.jpg

Cruising2010352.jpg

Cruising2010351.jpg

Chocolate buffet with a chocolate fountain a bit further up the line.

Cruising2010356.jpg

Carved watermelon in salad bar

Cruising2010355-1.jpg

Hi again Mike, I'm still really enjoying your review! Just out of curiosity, and feel free not to answer if you feel it is inappropriate, but does Carnival give out any discounts when you book multiple back to backs like you did? I seem to remember before they would if you went back to back on the same ship, doing and Eastern/Western route but wasn't sure if they would apply something like that when sailing on multiple ships. IMHO they really should give a discount for a trip like you did. Congrats again on all your hard work and planning your wife's surprise the way you did. Enjoy your future vacations together.

Thanks to you, Mike and your lovely wife, Tracy for such a review. Been following it since the beginning. Are you going to do the Chef's table on the Freedom? Seems like that would be a fitting thing to do at the end of your trip.

Thank you for following our review.

No, once was enough but if they change some of the items on the menu we would certaintly do it again. We did do the Sun King Steakhouse. What a beautiful restaurant, the decor is Louis the 16th.

Mike, here is a link to a video that I shot in Cabin 4237 on the Carnival Spirit just before we arrived in Hawaii during the fifth sea day. It is shot in a circuitous manner from the entrance, looking into the sitting area, then into the powder room area, then the bathroom with the shower inside a Jacuzzi-type tub, then the walk-in closet, the bedroom and then out to the large wrap-around balcony.

I uploaded it to Photobucket in standard resolution and it seems to be about 12 Megs in size. (The raw image in HD is 156 Meg.) It at least gives you an idea of why we cruise in these cabins. It plays fine without any delay on my computer.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/fazzdaan/The%20Carnival%20Spirit/?action=view&current=00004.mp4

Thank you for showing us your cabin, it looks awesome and we will be getting one eventually. Right now it's difficult with the kids because we are paying for two cabin each cruise and also trying to get two cabins together.

IMHO...I think this is a sea turtle. Yes, the neck does seem a little long...so it might be the rarely sighted 'long necked' sea turtle!!!! :p

Like all the others have said before me Mike, your review and pictures are simply fabulous. I'm so happy that the 'proposal' went off without a hitch!!!! ;)

I look forward to the rest of the review.....!

Joyce :D

Thank you Joyce, so now we have a Dinosaur, Brontosaurus, Komodo dragon and a Sea Turtle. Anyone else.:D

Edited by MikeyA53

Hi again Mike, I'm still really enjoying your review! Just out of curiosity, and feel free not to answer if you feel it is inappropriate, but does Carnival give out any discounts when you book multiple back to backs like you did? I seem to remember before they would if you went back to back on the same ship, doing and Eastern/Western route but wasn't sure if they would apply something like that when sailing on multiple ships. IMHO they really should give a discount for a trip like you did. Congrats again on all your hard work and planning your wife's surprise the way you did. Enjoy your future vacations together.

Thanks cruzelovr. No discount even tho I booked 8 cabins over 4 cruises and helped book another 3 cabins (2 for grandparents and 1 for friends). My PVP said I would get a gift in my room, nothing. A discount or even a gift would have been nice but it's not a big deal.

Edited by MikeyA53

I so want to know what it is.... The long neck I think it is the lochness monster..... Might be out there in left field but I was hoping someone by now would say they has the same towel animal and asked...........LOL

Love the review...

What are we all going to rush home to read when you are finished with your review, lol. As I said previously, you are one of a kind. DH & I loved the Valor & I am looking forward to your Freedom review since we will be cruising on her in January. Want to wish your lovely wife, Tracy, the very best of luck in her new venture. How wonderful for Tracy to be able to see her professional dream come true & also for having such a supportive husband. Keep the review coming.

Guess who (the bald head gave me away, right)

117_117.jpg

Mike - Grass doesn't grow on a busy street:D,,,,,from someone with much the same hairstyle(?) as you

And you've been busy.....love the Review and thanks for sharing

Jim (in case you thought it was Dee:) )

Edited by vanislandcruisers