Wind

Tao Diva

I am very excited to be cruising with my first balcony in November. It is one of the "double wide" balconies in the famous "L - shaped rooms of Carnival. I was wondering, how is the wind out there while under way?

Is the wind lighter on an aft balcony? How does cigarette smoke behave out there?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I am very excited to be cruising with my first balcony in November. It is one of the "double wide" balconies in the famous "L - shaped rooms of Carnival. I was wondering, how is the wind out there while under way?

Is the wind lighter on an aft balcony? How does cigarette smoke behave out there?

The wind depends on well...the wind, its direction and intensity.

The cigarette smoke always goes directly towards me no matter where I am.

Kirk

Most recently, on the Miracle in April, I had an OS almost aft (8271) L-shaped extended balcony as you describe. The wind was exactly the same as other side-of-the-ship balconies & smoke acted the same also. Don't know yet about truly aft...will know though in 2 weeks. ;).

Enjoy your cruise..you'll LOVE your cabin & balcony!

Wind depends on a couple of things: which way it is blowing and if the ship is going with, against, or diagonal to it. With a wrap around balcony, you should be able to be out of the wind unless there is a HUGE wind coming from behind the ship.

Enjoy!!!

On various ships/lines we have had side balconies, extended side, aft and aft wraps. The extended were on the Spirit class ships, 50% deeper not wider.

Others have explained that the breeze you will feel depends on the direction and velocity of the wind and the ship. In our experience the aft will have less breeze than the side.

As far as tobacco smoke, you may get the drift from a cabin or two forward. We've never really had a problem.

The aft of Triumph is tiered not flat. IMHO that allows more soot from the stacks and possibly smoke from the cabin above to come your way if you have an aft balcony.

Charlie

Archived