Wow Sale Help!

I have a booking on courtesy hold that is going to be cancel in few hours because after I made the booking I learned about the Wow Sale:mad:...so I choose not to pay the deposit and wait to the Wow Sale.

Question:

If I try to place the booking again on the Wow sale dates I am not going to qualify for the Wow sale because I placed a courtesy hold booking 3 days before the sale?:confused:

Thanks!

I have a booking on courtesy hold that is going to be cancel in few hours because after I made the booking I learned about the Wow Sale:mad:...so I choose not to pay the deposit and wait to the Wow Sale.

Question:

If I try to place the booking again on the Wow sale dates I am not going to qualify for the Wow sale because I placed a courtesy hold booking 3 days before the sale?:confused:

Thanks!

You won't be able to do it for that sailing, that is correct. Here is the fine print:

TERMS & CONDITIONS

^The WOW Sale onboard credit per stateroom and 50% Reduced Deposit offer are applicable to all Royal Caribbean International® cruises that sail from January 1, 2011 and on, including Cruisetours. Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only. Not applicable to groups. Offer applies to all categories available. Onboard credit offer is per stateroom, $50/$100/$200 depending on length of sailing. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on September 29 & 30, 2010 by 11:59 p.m. Local Time to qualify for the promotion. Bookings made on September 29 & 30, 2010 without deposit will not qualify for this offer. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer is valid for Cruisetour packages but not combinable with other Cruisetour onboard credits. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Any existing booking that is cancelled between September 22 – 28, 2010 and is rebooked for the same sailing on Sept 29 – 30, 2010 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after September 29 – 30, 2010 and is reinstated or the sailing is changed will not be eligible to receive the offer. Onboard credit is in US dollars and will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International within 3 weeks of the Sale. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to online bookings; however, the online booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. The WOW Sale onboard credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer is good until September 30, 2010, 11:59 pm, Local Time, based on availability and is subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time.

Question:

Thanks!

My take on it is that you can go ahead and RESERVE during WOW.

You have not made a reservation/booking ,, nor have you paid a deposit at this stage.. Your courtesy hold will have expired, so I reckon that it dosnt come into the equation.(It was a hold, not a reservation)

You really have nothing to lose, and an OBC to gain by doing the deed when WOW starts .

I tried this very thing a few WOW sales ago. Royal views a courtesy hold as a booking, therefore making a courtesy hold causes that cruise to be ineligible for the WOW sale. Maybe Royal has changed the rules since my experience, but for me, putting the booking on hold messed up the chance to book that cruise under the WOW sale.

The way I understand it is, you can't reserve or put on hold today, then book tomorrow during the WOW sale.

Why not let the hold go, then grab it again quickly. You can then let it go again tomorrow, and do the same, then it should qualify as being put on hold tomorrow (if you see what I mean). You will have to be quick though and there is a risk that you could lose that cabin.

The way I understand it is, you can't reserve or put on hold today, then book tomorrow during the WOW sale.

Why not let the hold go, then grab it again quickly. You can then let it go again tomorrow, and do the same, then it should qualify as being put on hold tomorrow (if you see what I mean). You will have to be quick though and there is a risk that you could lose that cabin.

I wonder if RCCL will have a record of my courtesy hold booking that is already cancel and that will disqualify me for the Wow Sale.

The account in RCCL is under my wife's name....and if I create a new account under my name and place the booking tomorrow :eek:??? I wonder if they can still track that move :cool:

Thanks everybody for your help!

I wonder if RCCL will have a record of my courtesy hold booking that is already cancel and that will disqualify me for the Wow Sale.

The account in RCCL is under my wife's name....and if I create a new account under my name and place the booking tomorrow :eek:??? I wonder if they can still track that move :cool:

Thanks everybody for your help!

I have done this before if I wanted to extend the deadline of a hold - but NOT for a wow sale. So not sure. It will generate a totally different reservation number so I guess so - but there's only one way to know for certain.......

Archived