Children's sea pass

devdale

Hi,

We are experienced cruisers but our taking our children and grandchildren on their first cruise this coming March. I guess I haven't paid attention to what children do with their sea passes. Do they even need to carry them? Are they given any type of "bracelet" to identify them? We use the plastic "card holder" that go around your neck for ours, but this seems a little iffy for 9, 7 and 3 year old kids.

Thanks for any help.

You don't say which line you are cruising, so I can't give you difinite info. but on Celebrity and Carnival, children below a certain age are given bracelets with their muster station on it so that in an emergency, if they are not with you, they can be taken to meet you at the proper muster station. Other than that, if they are not expecting to charge anything, they only need the cards when leaving and reboarding the ship in port. You might ask on the Family Cruising board under Apecial Interest cruising. EM

We took our children when they were 8 and 12 years old. Yes they need their seapass. What we did is just put a set amount of cash on their cards for the week and they could spend it how they wanted. We had their cards hole punched and put on lanyards around their neck the card may fall out of plastic for kids:confused: I would say for the 3 year old youll need to hang on to that one yourself. Yes they do give them a wrist band they are to wear all week. hope this helps

Thanks to both of you. We are cruising on RC. I'm hoping the kids will use the Ocean Adventure club, but since my DH and I go cruising pretty often, I can stand one cruise that requires some babysitting. We have 4 cabins, 2 sets of connecting, so will always have a separate room.

Wasn't sure about hanging things around their neck, but it's probably the best way. Do they get wristbands at any age?

You don't say which line you are cruising, so I can't give you difinite info. but on Celebrity and Carnival, children below a certain age are given bracelets with their muster station on it so that in an emergency, if they are not with you, they can be taken to meet you at the proper muster station./quote]

RCCL gives colored bracelets for emergency too.

If the kids are old enough to go places on their own, they will need their seapass. If they will either be with you or in the kids club, then YOU can hold onto them. Every person must have one to get on and off the ship, but if the kids are little, YOU will be the one handling the seapass!

My DS is 9 and he's been cruising since 3.5. I've always held his sea pass. Any spending he does is with us and he's not running around without us unless he's in the kid's program. So he has no need for is sea pass. When he gets older? That's another story for another time...

Archived