Any Brits about

stubbywillow

Just noticed there's a UK forum now - our cruise has been and gone so I'm not hanging around these boards so much - it would just be teasing myself, as we REALLY need to get the hosue decorated next year, so after our little break in October and Tenerife for Christmas and New Year there will be no more holidays for a while...

I liked cruising, but I'm not totally converted to life on the ocean wave just yet. I do like a nice hotel/apartment where we can have a bit of space, and of course can cook our own healthier food.

I can't see us cruising anywhere for a fortnight in the future, but I would consider a cruise and stay holiday somewhere that we wanted to see a lot of in a short space of time, or didn't want to stay ashore with the locals ( e.g. Egypt:p)

Any Brits on Splender of the Fall on Queen Mary2 on 19th October? 2 weeks to go.

We always cruise from Southampton and usually go on Royal Carribean because they are very wheelchair friendly although now trying P&O again next year. but do find lots of Americans at meet and mingles

I live in the UK as well and it depends which line my next cruise is on. Was on Princess last Summer and logged on regularly but now I've got a couple of cruises booked on P&O and don't find enough P&O-ers use this site. Think the 'ports of call' section is brilliant and I always use it to plan independent visits when I'm cruising.

I'm a Brit and a regular P&O'er - I find that P&O offer me just what I'm looking for in a cruise and as a result my last six cruises have all been with them.

Perhaps now there is a dedicated UK arm to CC I may well be spending more time on here. :)

Hello from Wales--you know-the place where all those golf people nearly drowned last week :eek:.

I have been a member of CC for 5yrs,I don't post all that often but do look in a few times a week.

Fairly new to cruising(compared to some posters)have done 7.

Looking for a cruise for 2011 and looking at RC or Carnival.

Off to look in the pub.

Cheers.

Taffygirl

Another "hello" from Wales - we seem to be quite well represented here!!!

I am quite new to cruising but already addicted. We have cruised once with Princess and are counting down to a Celebrity cruise in 2011.

I spend lots of time on the boards!! :)

Hello from Wirral.

I've been using these boards for a couple of years but I've only just noticed the UK forums.

Are any of planning to attend the Cruise Show at the NEC this month?

Carol

Greetings from sunny S Yorks........will be at the Cruise Show on Sat 16th.:cool:

I am a big Royal and Celebrity fan, cruised Princess once and no likey, am mainly on these boards but Host Liz alerted me to the Uk board here so far so good :)

Hello from a Manxie on the Isle of Man

I have been lurking on these boards since 2001 and have never posted - until now. Learned a lot though. Favourite cruise line is Celebrity but to be honest I wouldn't say no to most.

Next outing is to the Greek Isles with the Star Princess on 10 November - not long to wait now.

I have been lurking on these boards since 2001 and have never posted - until now. Learned a lot though. Favourite cruise line is Celebrity but to be honest I wouldn't say no to most.

Next outing is to the Greek Isles with the Star Princess on 10 November - not long to wait now.

Hi,

I am a BIG Celeb fan, what have you sailed on, my fav so far is Eclipse.

Let me know what you think of Princess..........:D;)

Have a great cruise...............:)

Thanks Cruisaholic u.k. - I am sure we will have a great cruise -even if it isn't with Celebrity. It was the itinerary that was the decider for us this time - we have never visited any of the Greek islands - even on our 'land lubber' holidays.:)

Our very first cruise was on the Galaxy and our last on the Millennium (my current favourite) with a few others in between (including the very first sailing on Ocean Village). I haven't been lucky enough to try the Eclipse yet and it is on my 'to do' list.

This is only our second cruise with Princess - the first was on the Regal Princess way back in 2002 - Sydney to Aukland - which was a great cruise - but I don't think it would be fair to compare the older ship with it's newer sisters.:) So it will be interesting for us to see how the Star compares with good old X.

Welcome :D

Ah just had a memory then...Lady of Man...force 8 gale...and me in the toilets for 4 hours of the crossing...shudderrrrr...I flew over after that :D

Love the IOM ...beautiful place and wonderful people...used to visit it alot before I discovered cruising.

Am here as well, from Southampton, which is pretty handy if wanting to hop on a cruise!

Mostly use this forum as it does have a lot of info on it, and plenty of discussions. Was a great resource when we took a cruise from Miami last year, gave us plenty of tips, especially the first day buffet on Majesty of the Seas. The chicken they served then was only available on that day, but oh boy, what fantastic chicken :)

Think you'll mostly find people will be hanging around the Cunard/P&O sections, and some of the roll calls as well.

ScrozUK

Welcome :D

Ah just had a memory then...Lady of Man...force 8 gale...and me in the toilets for 4 hours of the crossing...shudderrrrr...I flew over after that :D

Love the IOM ...beautiful place and wonderful people...used to visit it alot before I discovered cruising.

Thanks Elizanessie -Scotland is a pretty cool place too.

More years than I care to remember of sailing back and forth over the Irish Sea to Liverpool and Heysham has given me the best practice for cruising I reckon. I have been on my fair share of 'galeforcers' too, but have always been lucky enough not to suffer from seasickness (touch wood). Nowadays though we only use the ferry when absolutely necessary - i.e. when four wheels are required on the other side.

The Island is still a pretty as ever but it is nice to 'get off the rock' every once and a while - especially when it's to go cruising.

Another Midlander here, but I'm in the west mids.

However I was born in good old Notts.

Sorry to say but until early this year I had no wish to cruise on a big ship, did a Nile river cruise a few years back though. Couple of reasons for not wanting to, I don't have good sea legs (ferries are a no no) and still thought cruise's were for old people! Sorry no offence intended.

But this year all that changed all but the sea legs part that is.

My husband and I both turn 40 next month and wanted to do a holiday to coinside with both days that would be something to remember. Picked up a whole pile of books from the TA and couldn't find anywhere we fancied going to. So back to the TA to ask their thoughts, they suggested a cruise, cue my past thoughts of cruiseing! well in the end that's what we booked, off on the 6th of Nov to join the Caribbean Princess for 2 weeks round the Southern Caribbean.

In looking for info on the ports I came across this website and now I'm hooked on checking on the questions asked looking for tit bits to take with me. Have to say some really do make me smile :rolleyes:

Just started looking at the packing, just as well as Hubbie now finally has decided he needs some new trousers, he's had all summer! So it now it won't be long till the off and both really looking forward to our 1st ever cruise.....

Julia

Another Midlander here, but I'm in the west mids.

However I was born in good old Notts.

Sorry to say but until early this year I had no wish to cruise on a big ship, did a Nile river cruise a few years back though. Couple of reasons for not wanting to, I don't have good sea legs (ferries are a no no) and still thought cruise's were for old people! Sorry no offence intended.

But this year all that changed all but the sea legs part that is.

My husband and I both turn 40 next month and wanted to do a holiday to coinside with both days that would be something to remember. Picked up a whole pile of books from the TA and couldn't find anywhere we fancied going to. So back to the TA to ask their thoughts, they suggested a cruise, cue my past thoughts of cruiseing! well in the end that's what we booked, off on the 6th of Nov to join the Caribbean Princess for 2 weeks round the Southern Caribbean.

In looking for info on the ports I came across this website and now I'm hooked on checking on the questions asked looking for tit bits to take with me. Have to say some really do make me smile :rolleyes:

Just started looking at the packing, just as well as Hubbie now finally has decided he needs some new trousers, he's had all summer! So it now it won't be long till the off and both really looking forward to our 1st ever cruise.....

Julia

Don't worry about the sea legs, I've never been one to have sea legs either, have had several instances of feeling a bit seasick. Finally, after five cruises, am a lot better, so the tip would be to do more cruises.

Will admit on earlier cruises, I did tend to take a seasick tablet if there was a risk of bouncy seas, just until I got my sea legs.

If you were taking a cruise through the Bay of Biscay, you will probably read on here that some people have had bad experiences on there, and true to say it can be rough, but in the case of Queen Elizabeth which sailed through there the other day, it looked nice and calm.

Also recommend taking a bit of milk of magnesia as well just to help with the tummy, this helps settle it as well (and is expensive if bought on the ship!).

Enjoy your cruise..

ScrozUK

Archived