Any Brits about

stubbywillow

:D

I am new to Cruise Critic and have found it very interesting so far.I notice that everyone contributing to topics seem to be from America. This seems to be so on the NCL site.I realise that NCL is American owned but where are the British contributers

Yes we are here mooching around taking in lots of informtion!:)

Hi, Stubby Willow, and welcome!

Although every page is headed "Cruise Critic.Co.UK", you'll find that this is mainly an American site, though a few of us pop up from time to time, and we have our own editor and home page. There's sometimes a chance to meet some of the staff at events such as the cruise show in Birmingham, or even on some new ships. NCL became popular with Brits when Jade sailed from Southampton for a season....Jewel sailed from Dover, and Gem came to the Med. Until then, the line was fairly unknown. We were on one of Jade's first sailings under a new name, and enjoyed her very much. The line is bringing Epic to Europe, so that is causing some interest now.

Jo.

I'm here too !!:p

Mostly on the Carnival and Mexican Riviera boards this year, but like to take a look at all the topics.

This site was especially useful when we went to Alaska 2 yeas ago, I found all I needed (and more) from these boards.

Met some great CC people on our cruise last year, still keep in touch with them.

Kim :)

I am new to Cruise Critic and have found it very interesting so far.I notice that everyone contributing to topics seem to be from America. This seems to be so on the NCL site.I realise that NCL is American owned but where are the British contributers

Thank you Welsh Wizards.Yes my IQ is only 20.Its just that NCL Baltic cruises cruise in Europe which I think is not too near America.I thought there may have been more Brits posting.I see from your profile you do many nice cruises. I have cruised approximately 6 times usually at the arse end of the market.Maybe due to my IQ.

Thank you Welsh Wizards.Yes my IQ is only 20.Its just that NCL Baltic cruises cruise in Europe which I think is not too near America.I thought there may have been more Brits posting.I see from your profile you do many nice cruises. I have cruised approximately 6 times usually at the arse end of the market.Maybe due to my IQ.

Ouch !!

I'd love to sail with you and your sense of humour!!;)

NCL is mainly marketted in the USA....if you notice, it's not often seen on TV or in the weekend paper. Both our NCL cruises- UK and Europe- were mainly for the N. American continent, in fact I think it was quoted as 80% from there, in the Med.

You'll enjoy a fun ship! :)

Jo.

I live in the UK as well and it depends which line my next cruise is on. Was on Princess last Summer and logged on regularly but now I've got a couple of cruises booked on P&O and don't find enough P&O-ers use this site. Think the 'ports of call' section is brilliant and I always use it to plan independent visits when I'm cruising.

There are quite a few of us Brits around. As someone has previously stated, NCL has only started marketing in the UK over last five years or so. When we sailed on the Norwegian Sun in 2003, we were one of seven British passengers on the ship.

I only post when I have something to say, but read the boards all the time. The boards are predominantly US posters but there are several of us that have been around for some time. You will find lots of British input on the Britain and Northern Europe Ports of Call boards

Hello from Bonnie Scotland UK :D

I can normally be found hanging around on the RCCL forum but I do like to go to some other forums to see whats happening out there.

Great to see more Brits here on CC :D

When I first joined the site ooooh 7 years ago there werent many from the UK around, it is wonderful to see more and more from the UK join the site and chat about cruising...to me it doesnt matter which cruiseline you sail, it is great to have you onboard. :D

Happy cruising everyone :D

Fine by me, Surrey Cruisers. Stubby Willow - like ya style.

There's quite a few of us on the Costa pages, too. Mainly because they are cheap but the food is (IMHO) pretty OK and the ships have a large European contigent. We've done a few of them, also on the arse-end of the market!

Yet another one here, and only just down the road from the OP, stubbywillow. Most posts on the Africa/Asia board, mainly about Egypt, but a keen Celebrity cruiser, too.

I have family in Malvern..in fact I used to live at the Golf Club there years ago. Love that area..beautiful place :D

Archived