Any Brits about

stubbywillow

Hi

Nice to meet you all.......

I'm Lynn from East Kilbride in Scotland.....

Joined this site a few months ago as we're cruising on Freedom next year as part of a month long holiday.

It's our first cruise and we're all really excited about it.:D

I visit the RCL cruise critic boards at least daily (sometimes much more :o)#

Hello from South Yorkshire, I have been reading cc message boards for over a year and have just noticed this British site. I wondered where all the Brits were hiding out.

Me and him indoors are due to go on the Independence of the Seas on the 29th of this month with 2 friends. Also we are taking all our family, 9 of us on the Grandeur of the Seas Italian med cruise next July to celebrate our Golden wedding. I believe this ship as always been out of Fort Lauderdale but Palma in Majorca is to be it's new home.

I would be pleased to hear from anyone else who is going on this cruise next July. Hope to hear soon.

Marlene and Terry

Past cruises

Thomsons Topaz 3 times

Thomsons spirit

Thomsons Seawing

P&O Ventura last march (Awsome )

we are taking all our family, 9 of us on the Grandeur of the Seas Italian med cruise next July to celebrate our Golden wedding. I would be pleased to hear from anyone else who is going on this cruise next July. Hope to hear soon.

Hi Marlene

We are going on this Cruise in June havent heard anything about this particular Cruise so it would be interesting to hear from anyone who has sailed on this boat.

Hi Marlene

We are going on this Cruise in June havent heard anything about this particular Cruise so it would be interesting to hear from anyone who has sailed on this boat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/therealdanielfamily/

Don't think we will get any news or reviews for a while yet as this cruise is not due to start till the Spring as the ship is still doing the American cruises. starts over here from Palma in the spring . I may be wrong. But in the meantime have a look at these photos I found on the Grandeur of the Seas CC

American site.

Marlene

I don't live in the UK but in Malta so close to the British culture. I've been popping in to CC these last three years.

Is this forum new because it seems many of us have only found it recently ?

Regarding sea sickness - I find you have to take a pill as soon as you start feeling quesy.

I don't live in the UK but in Malta so close to the British culture. I've been popping in to CC these last three years.

Is this forum new because it seems many of us have only found it recently ?

Regarding sea sickness - I find you have to take a pill as soon as you start feeling quesy.

Yes this is a new forum which was started in early October. :D

Nice to have you here with us :D

Just seen this thread - i'm from Southampton - previously done 2 RCI cruises;

Feb 2009 Explorer - New York 12 night southern caribbean

Feb 2010 Freedom - 7 night western caribbean

which I used the CC forum loads for - doing our first P&O cruise on Azura in Feb 11 but the boards are really quiet for P&O stuff - still use the "ports" forums though.

Have posted a bit on the P&O version of CC but that is very scary and made me feel like a newbie cruiser all over again!:eek:

Hi Marlene

Thanks for the photos, I thought this ship did this Cruise of the Med last year, but perhaps not. I am always keen to pick other folks brains about the "Trips" and what can be done independantly without too much hassle.

Hope you are right and then we may

:) get some feedback soon. I will keep checking

marlene

Just seen this thread - i'm from Southampton - previously done 2 RCI cruises;

Feb 2009 Explorer - New York 12 night southern caribbean

Feb 2010 Freedom - 7 night western caribbean

which I used the CC forum loads for - doing our first P&O cruise on Azura in Feb 11 but the boards are really quiet for P&O stuff - still use the "ports" forums though.

Have posted a bit on the P&O version of CC but that is very scary and made me feel like a newbie cruiser all over again!:eek:

Must admit when we first went on to the P&O forum from the OV2 one it frightened the life out of me ! Having done our first cruise with P&O on the Oceana in August I have to say that the vast majority of people on the ship were wonderful ------- and there are also some great folk on the P&0 forum ! Show no fear ;)

Hi,

I am a BIG Celeb fan, what have you sailed on, my fav so far is Eclipse.

Let me know what you think of Princess..........:D;)

Have a great cruise...............:)

Just arrived home from the Greek Islands cruise on the Star Princess. We had a great weather and a great time - we found the ship to be in good order and there was always someone to be found cleaning - luckily not me.:)

Whilst we thought the food on board was of a good standard and had no complaints whatsoever, we think that Celebrity has the 'edge' in this area. We very much liked the Anytime Dining option though.

Entertainment was ok - and we thought a young British band called Vitalised were excellent, as was a theatre production called British Invasion.

Didn't try any of the ship's excursions as we just 'do our own thing' at ports of call.

All in all we felt the cruise was good value for money - but think we would still look for a Celebrity option first, destinations and dates allowing.

Presto2 - thanks for the reassurance I have to say my impressions so far aren't good - P&O can't seem to make there minds up which islands we are possibly tendered at - the itinerary on the website says Dominica - but the paperwork confirming payment we got through yesterday says St Kitts, Grenada & Tortola - so who knows.:confused:

Hi

I`m really interested in the Princess Cruise through the Panama Canal in early 2012, does it embark or disembark in San Francisco? Have you any idea what the weather will be like then as we have been told there are months one should avoid. We did the Far East with Princess - Thailand; China; Hong Kong; Singapore; Tawain and Japan absolutely fantastic. We have booked a Med Cruise and stay with RCCL for 2011 looking forward to that.

This itinerary does not touch San Fransisco it embarks at Los Angeles. As far as I can see January is less rainy than some months, and outside the hurricane season so that's why we chose it. This itinerary has several sea days but also has a whole day to look at Panama City instead of just going through the canal and missing that out. HTH

Hi from Central Scotland just found this thread and see it started in October. I have been a member for a while and done a few cruises.

It is nice to hear from British people who have had the same concerns.

I have had some great advice in the past I prefer to go to the Caribbean and try to go twice a year. My next cruise is in March on the Oceana.

Anyone else on this one.:):):)

Another Scot here. :D Flying to Miami to sail back to Spain! First TA, first time on RCI. Plenty of time to experience the ship - first time on an "iceberg". Anyone been on the Liberty? Have been on the CC RCI site. Good to see UK site now. Have been in the Pub too.:rolleyes:

Presto2 - thanks for the reassurance I have to say my impressions so far aren't good - P&O can't seem to make there minds up which islands we are possibly tendered at - the itinerary on the website says Dominica - but the paperwork confirming payment we got through yesterday says St Kitts, Grenada & Tortola - so who knows.:confused:

Which ship are you on ? If it is the Oceana I can guarantee that you will have a fabulous time ----------- we had a fantastic holiday with P&O after some really bad experiences on the P&O forum. The people on the ships are generally great, staff fantastic, food wonderful, our ship I just loved, formal nights just right (nice, not snobbish). We loved it all (and aren't in to formal nights at all normally ---- more into jeans and a t - shirt !) Above all, ignore the snobbery on the P&O forum - whoever these people are they are in a very small minority ! We met some lovely people and discovered that even the folks with 'posh' accents can be wonderful fellow cruisers.

As a die hard P&O addict you'll find me on that forum.

Must admit, we booked our Celebrity before our Oceana cruise last miute booking in August - we had a SUPERB holiday and Celebrity has something to live up to !!! ;)

Another hello from Cornwall here! We are booked on the Spirit of Adventure in January on the Magic of Madagascar cruise and soooo looking forward to it. Have even managed to tag on a 3 day safari at the end so really moving into overdrive now.:) Have posted on the Roll Call but no takers...............

Archived