Watchout where y'all eat

evergladesgator

Guy Harvey’s Island Grill, at 511 Greene Street in Key West was closed on Sept. 22 with 19 critical violations that included: food/container stored in ice used for drinks; food stored on a freezer floor; soil residue in storage containers; soiled microwave interior; rodent droppings under dishwasher, under soda syrup boxes, food preparation table and cookline; accumulation of dead or trapped birds, insects, rodents or other pests in light coverings in the kitchen area. The restaurant was allowed to reopen Sept. 23 with two critical violations including an unlabeled spray bottle and working containers of food removed from original container and not identified by common name. Guy Harvey’s Island Grill General Manager Mark Shimer declined to comment.

One major reason on a cruise we tend to eat all of our meals on the ship.

For the most part, I highly agree . . . with my one personal exception of the onboard Mongolian stations. A potentially very dangerious situation going on there on multiple CCL ships. :(

That's one unique situation on multiple ships that meet & exceed food service standards in many ways. That one location is a definite Achilles Heel on several ships. I don't recommend eating there unless you force some issues on the way the cooked items are served.

For the most part, I highly agree . . . with my one personal exception of the onboard Mongolian stations. A potentially very dangerious situation going on there on multiple CCL ships. :(

That's one unique situation on multiple ships that meet & exceed food service standards in many ways. That one location is a definite Achilles Heel on several ships. I don't recommend eating there unless you force some issues on the way the cooked items are served.

Can you be more specific about this.

DW loves the mongolian station and eats there 3-4 times each cruise.

Guy Harvey’s Island Grill, at 511 Greene Street in Key West was closed on Sept. 22 with 19 critical violations that included: food/container stored in ice used for drinks; food stored on a freezer floor; soil residue in storage containers; soiled microwave interior; rodent droppings under dishwasher, under soda syrup boxes, food preparation table and cookline; accumulation of dead or trapped birds, insects, rodents or other pests in light coverings in the kitchen area. The restaurant was allowed to reopen Sept. 23 with two critical violations including an unlabeled spray bottle and working containers of food removed from original container and not identified by common name. Guy Harvey’s Island Grill General Manager Mark Shimer declined to comment.

While those may be "critical" they are not bad at all. Sounds like a few bugs in a light fixture. There was a mouse problem that they did not know about and a couple of stupids. You will find pretty much the same type of stuff in a lot of places including some 5* restaurants.

Archived