Not happy about Labadee

K1200S

Last week our Oasis stop at Labadee we got to see the changes made since our last stop there 2 years ago. Loved all the changes except giving Barefoot Beach to suite guests. I consider Barefoot to be the best beach on there and could not use it. So I stop I used to look forward to going to I now don't care if I ever see the place again.

Last week our Oasis stop at Labadee we got to see the changes made since our last stop there 2 years ago. Loved all the changes except giving Barefoot Beach to suite guests. I consider Barefoot to be the best beach on there and could not use it. So I stop I used to look forward to going to I now don't care if I ever see the place again.

Is the difference between Barefoot Beach and the other beaches at Labadee really that great? We have been to Labadee many times and thought that most of the beaches were fairly comparable and certainly not sufficiently different that the inability to access a specific one would be a deal breaker. Obviously that is a personal decision, but if it is that important to you, perhaps you should consider booking a suite in the future. We will be in Labadee in November and I will try to check out the various beaches to see if there is that much of a difference.:)

RC offers an excursion on Labadee called the Haitian Cultural Tour. It is said to be fabulous. Part of the tour includes an hour at a beautiful beach away from the crowds..We are doing this next week and can't wait.

Do something different. ;)

I have to say that I'm not especially fond of the idea of suite guests having a segregated beach, but hey, money talks.

Or the willingness to spend it........ :D I guess I really don't have a problem with any perks for suite guests. Those cabins are indeed many more $$ than a regular cabin. And while the cabins are great (yes, we are sometimes "willing" although more times not) - they really need other perks to justify what they ask for suites. IMHO. :)

But I have to say that losing Barefoot Beach does not decrease my enjoyment of Labadee.....

RC offers an excursion on Labadee called the Haitian Cultural Tour. It is said to be fabulous. Part of the tour includes an hour at a beautiful beach away from the crowds..We are doing this next week and can't wait.

Absolutely....and you also have another excursion to an adjoining beach called Mafini Beach... UNBELIEVABLE private Beach that anyone can book!!!

I'm inclined to agree with Silent Bob.

How soon will it be before we return to 1st, 2nd, 3rd class sections on the ships again ("oops, sorry you're a third-class passenger (in Steerage), you can't go to the Boardwalk...").

Happy cruising...

How soon will it be before we return to 1st, 2nd, 3rd class sections on the ships again ("oops, sorry you're a third-class passenger (in Steerage), you can't go to the Boardwalk...").

Happy cruising...

This subject has been beaten with a stick 100X....do a search...it is what it is:)

Janet,

May I ask how much this Tour costs p/p ? It seems to be very interresting. Is there a place on CC that gives details of this Tour (transportation, details of excursions, departure time from ship and arrival)

Thank you

Janet,

May I ask how much this Tour costs p/p ? It seems to be very interresting. Is there a place on CC that gives details of this Tour (transportation, details of excursions, departure time from ship and arrival)

Thank you

You can find both by going to Royals site and clicking on the tab labeled "BEFORE YOU BOARD"....then click "SHORE AND LAND EXCURSIONS" and then click on Labadee.

Happy cruising...

We rather enjoyed our "suite perks" along with the totally awesome CL Suite on the Oasis :) Would we pay the asking price now? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! We booked in August 2008 and got a fair price for the room and it was a once in a lifetime deal. However, we will book a GS from now on :D

This is really getting so old. I don't let it bother me what anyone else gets on a cruise or the price they pay. It doesn't stop me from having a great time. If I wanted all those perks I would book a suite as should everyone who complains about it. Repeat, if you don't like it book the suite

If one wants to snorkel Barefoot is the better place to do it. Of course this trip the water was stirred by storms which made visability almost nothing. I think they should have given the suite folks the smaller beach next to Barefoot after all there are way more passengers that are not in suites. Yes, I did enjoy my day there but it could have been better.

Janet,

Thank you

Here you go

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=00006cYicnPuugwu_M7ojssinvK:13hldiq09?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ZL34&DestinationCode=

You can find both by going to Royals site and clicking on the tab labeled "BEFORE YOU BOARD"....then click "SHORE AND LAND EXCURSIONS" and then click on Labadee.

Yes, I found it.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000q1x_aQA0EdTS4rGRfX6vIiz:13hldcctq?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ZL34&DestinationCode=

$67 CAD, which is a very reasonable price. We certainly are going to book this Tour.

Thanks

Yes, I found it.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do;jsessionid=0000q1x_aQA0EdTS4rGRfX6vIiz:13hldcctq?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ZL34&DestinationCode=

$67 CAD, which is a very reasonable price. We certainly are going to book this Tour.

Thanks

Glad you found it...I haven't done the Haitian tour but I have done Mafini Beach...once there you will never think twice about Barefoot again;) I have also seen the beach that the Cultural Haitian tour uses from Malfini....it's also a breathtaking setting with the mountains in the background and a natural spring that flows into the ocean.

Sorry to hear... we love that it's suite guests only now, so quiet and relaxing, great buffet of steak and seafood... it's worth the upgrade to a suite.

I think it's different to GIVE higher level guests something ADDITIONAL. But you're talking about TAKING something AWAY from those that are used to having it - that's the difference, as I see it.

So you cruised in a suite last time and then you cruised in an inside room this time, is RCI taking the suite away from you because someone else chose to spend a little more?

Not sure I get the argument - there is beach everyone around Labadee.

We always preferred "Hide-away" beach since it was less crowded, but that is now where the new pier is. Yes, I am not happy about it, but I also like the fact that there is no more tendering, so I think that trumps my favorite beach area. We find another place to go into the water now, it's not a deal breaker for us. We actually like the improvements that they have made there.

So you cruised in a suite last time and then you cruised in an inside room this time, is RCI taking the suite away from you because someone else chose to spend a little more?

Not sure I get the argument - there is beach everyone around Labadee.

I am not going back to Labadee anymore either because I can never get my favorite lounge chair, someone else always grabs it before I can get it. :rolleyes::D

So, what beach is available to the "general public" on the bayside of Labadee (where Hideaway and Barefoot beaches are)??? I don't like the beaches on the Atlantic side - too rocky and rough. And, I'm not sure I want to pay for an excursion, because I count on the private islands/beaches on being a lovely, no-cost, beach day.

Archived