Not happy about Labadee

K1200S

HI. Guys I am going to Labadee in November for the first time, I didn’t realize that there were different beaches, and to learn that some are restricted, could someone please tell me the one that will be the quietest with the least amount of kids, I know places like Castaway Cay has Serenity Bay just for adults. I am traveling without my child this trip and just want to sit back and relax.

Glad you found it...I haven't done the Haitian tour but I have done Mafini Beach...once there you will never think twice about Barefoot again;) I have also seen the beach that the Cultural Haitian tour uses from Malfini....it's also a breathtaking setting with the mountains in the background and a natural spring that flows into the ocean.

Can we go to Mafini beach without doing the tour?

The cabana beach is not for Suite guest only, we got a cabana last week and were in a D1 category. We tried booking a cabana though the Diamond Concierge but she was no help, we ended up getting one through our cabin steward. He asked his boss to call the suite concierge for us and about 5 minutes later we had a cabana booked. :)

The cabana beach is not for Suite guest only, we got a cabana last week and were in a D1 category. We tried booking a cabana though the Diamond Concierge but she was no help, we ended up getting one through our cabin steward. He asked his boss to call the suite concierge for us and about 5 minutes later we had a cabana booked. :)

They just get first dibs......:D

How much are the cabanas? I remember seeing it posted before but can't remember.....

We enjoyed the beach next to Barefoot Beach ( sorry don’t know the name) and we did NOT have any excursion there. We walked over, picked a location and a guy brought the chairs over.

If Barefoot Beach is that important, and you are not in a suite, perhaps you can secure a cabana for the day. They are offered to suite guests first (for a fee) but if there is availability, I believe it is opened for others. They are in the $200 range and will accommodate up to 6. This sure is cheaper than moving from an regular cabin to a suite.

I wonder when Coco Cay will have a designated private beach area.

M

They just get first dibs......:D
Exactly! There were plenty left too. We had our choice of over-water, beach or hilltop.

How much are the cabanas? I remember seeing it posted before but can't remember.....
$200 for over-water, $175 for beach and $150 for hilltop - 6-people max per cabana.

Kimberly, we did Malfini Beach last year on the Oasis Inaugural. It is it's own excursion. They only take a set number of people. They also provide floating mats and lounge chairs. It was so relaxing our butts never moved out of our chairs until it was time to load up and head back to the ship.

You were thinking the Haitian Excursion which is across the bay from Malfini.;)

So, what beach is available to the "general public" on the bayside of Labadee (where Hideaway and Barefoot beaches are)??? I don't like the beaches on the Atlantic side - too rocky and rough. And, I'm not sure I want to pay for an excursion, because I count on the private islands/beaches on being a lovely, no-cost, beach day.

There is one beach by the kids play area (water slides etc.) and one next to where the old tenders used to come in on the bay. Other than that, it's the ocean side.

HI. Guys I am going to Labadee in November for the first time, I didn’t realize that there were different beaches, and to learn that some are restricted, could someone please tell me the one that will be the quietest with the least amount of kids, I know places like Castaway Cay has Serenity Bay just for adults. I am traveling without my child this trip and just want to sit back and relax.

Just stay away from the kids waterslide area and you should be fine.

Unfortunately no, that is the tour.

Really? you didn't have to pay for it? I knew it was for suite guests and others had to pay for one, if you didn't pay I guess you're lucky.

Last week our Oasis stop at Labadee we got to see the changes made since our last stop there 2 years ago. Loved all the changes except giving Barefoot Beach to suite guests. I consider Barefoot to be the best beach on there and could not use it. So I stop I used to look forward to going to I now don't care if I ever see the place again.
That & the chair attendants begging for tips made me stay on the Oasis last week.

Really? you didn't have to pay for it? I knew it was for suite guests and others had to pay for one, if you didn't pay I guess you're lucky.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but suite guests do not get cabanas for free. They are available for rent for suite guest first, then if there are any left, they are available to rent to others

M

Exactly! There were plenty left too. We had our choice of over-water, beach or hilltop.

$200 for over-water, $175 for beach and $150 for hilltop - 6-people max per cabana.

This is a really stupid question...what is exactly a cabana, I assume it is a covering of some sort. Also, what is the difference between beach, hilltop and over water? :confused: Over-water sounds interesting.

If you chose to go this route, is there food provided on the beach?:confused:

Last time in Labadee we went to the area where the kids stuff was, water slide, blow ups on water, etc. How far is this area from the area we are talking about where we can rent cabanas? :confused: Thank you for any help.

As far as the concerns of the OP go...Guests that pay so much more for suites deserve to get something "extra". Personally, with 4 kids, we could never afford the suites right now, but I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.

This is a really stupid question...what is exactly a cabana, I assume it is a covering of some sort. Also, what is the difference between beach, hilltop and over water? :confused: Over-water sounds interesting.

If you chose to go this route, is there food provided on the beach?:confused:

Last time in Labadee we went to the area where the kids stuff was, water slide, blow ups on water, etc. How far is this area from the area we are talking about where we can rent cabanas? :confused: Thank you for any help.

As far as the concerns of the OP go...Guests that pay so much more for suites deserve to get something "extra". Personally, with 4 kids, we could never afford the suites right now, but I don't feel like I am missing out on anything.

Here are a couple over water and one on the hilltop above.

DSCF0082.jpg

and one on the beach there were around 15 or so total...

DSCF0072.jpg

Yes, there is all kinds of food right at the back of the beach: cold salads, fruits, steak, shrimp... that kind of stuff. No massive lines either.:)

I think it's different to GIVE higher level guests something ADDITIONAL. But you're talking about TAKING something AWAY from those that are used to having it - that's the difference, as I see it.

so, according to your theory, any first class airport lounge that occupies 1000's of square feet of space, offers free spa services, free drinks, free day rooms and sit down restaurant service is taking something away from the economy passengers?

The terminals still offer some nice places to sit down, enjoy good food, and have a nice drink, but unfortunately, it's not as nice nor free, although I'm using "free" very liberally here as nothing is free.... The first class paxs paid through their nose for that privilege and so do the suite paxs.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but suite guests do not get cabanas for free. They are available for rent for suite guest first, then if there are any left, they are available to rent to others

M

I apologize as I misspoke, I meant to say that the area (gated community) is available to them automatically, but yes, the cabanas are not free. Thanks for keeping me level.:D

Here are a couple over water and one on the hilltop above.

DSCF0082.jpg

and one on the beach there were around 15 or so total...

DSCF0072.jpg

Yes, there is all kinds of food right at the back of the beach: cold salads, fruits, steak, shrimp... that kind of stuff. No massive lines either.:)

FEET Too! :p

Archived