Marina Concierge

Corvette

It is such a shame that O does not take this opportunity to make it extra special like the other cruise lines and offer canapes and a happy hour plus a light breakfast. It would really sell more cabins in that class.

How many more cabins than "sold out" could they sell?:confused:

So far, this is what we know about Concierge Level on the Marina:

French in origin, the term “concierge” evolved from a phrase for the person entrusted with caring for visiting nobility. How appropriate, as guests staying in our Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms receive the royal treatment. These beautifully decorated 282-square-foot staterooms reflect many of the luxurious amenities found in our Penthouse Suites, including a private furnished veranda, LCD flat-screen television, a wireless laptop computer, plush seating area and an oversized marble and granite bathroom with tub and separate shower. In addition, Concierge Level guests will enjoy access to their own exclusive Concierge Lounge staffed by a dedicated Concierge along with priority restaurant reservations at Polo Grill, Toscana, Jacques and Red Ginger.

Exclusive Concierge Level Special Amenities

(In Addition to Receiving All Stateroom Amenities)

• Exclusive Access to Private Concierge Lounge
  • Services of a Dedicated Concierge
  • Welcome Bottle of Champagne
  • Laptop Computer with Wireless Internet Access+
  • L’Occitane Toiletries
  • 1,000-Thread-Count Linens
  • Cashmere Lap Blanket
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises Logo Tote Bag

Exclusive Concierge Level Special Privileges

• Priority Early Embarkation and Dedicated Check-In Desk
  • Priority Luggage Delivery
  • Priority Restaurant Reservations in Toscana, Polo Grill, Jacques and Red Ginger
  • Complimentary Shoe Shine
  • Complimentary Pressing of Garments upon Embarkation++

Do ALL these Marina

Exclusive Concierge Level Special Amenities

(In Addition to Receiving All Stateroom Amenities)

* Exclusive Access to Private Concierge Lounge

* Services of a Dedicated Concierge

* Welcome Bottle of Champagne

* Laptop Computer with Wireless Internet Access+

* L’Occitane Toiletries

* 1,000-Thread-Count Linens

* Cashmere Lap Blanket

* Complimentary Oceania Cruises Logo Tote Bag

Exclusive Concierge Level Special Privileges

* Priority Early Embarkation and Dedicated Check-In Desk

* Priority Luggage Delivery

* Priority Restaurant Reservations in Toscana, Polo Grill, Jacques and Red Ginger

* Complimentary Shoe Shine

* Complimentary Pressing of Garments upon Embarkation++

apply to Insignia too (with the exception of the 2 extra specialty restaurants)?

The short answer is no.

This outlines Concierge Amenities on the R Class (which includes the Insignia):

Exclusive Concierge Level Amenities

• Welcome bottle of champagne
  • Refrigerated mini-bar with free and unlimited soft drinks and bottled water (beginning with Europe 2010 voyages)
  • DVD player with over 300 of Hollywood’s greatest movies
  • Cashmere lap blankets, perfect for relaxing on your veranda
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises shoulder bag
  • French-milled amenities

Special Service Privileges

• Priority early embarkation and dedicated check-in desk
  • Priority luggage delivery
  • Priority restaurant reservations in Toscana and Polo Grill
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation*

I have not see anywhere what they are going to have on the Marina for the Concierge room just general amenities.

At this point it may be a work in progress

As pointed out this is a first for Oceania so I am sure as they get closer to sailing they will have more amenities in the lounge for those in the Concierge level

You can always add suggestions once on board to the comment cards ;)

They do listen

Lyn

I do not understand why anyone would care if there is food in the Concierge Lounge. Isn't there enough to eat on the ship 24/7?

Maybe they do not want to be forced to eat with the peons :eek: :D:D

I don't think anyone means to insult or belittle anyone regarding the Concierge Class. I think it is just a matter of customers wondering what they get for all of the extra costs and if it is really worth it. It is not a class status at all and if it were they would go on Cunard.

I don't think anyone means to insult or belittle anyone regarding the Concierge Class. I think it is just a matter of customers wondering what they get for all of the extra costs and if it is really worth it. It is not a class status at all and if it were they would go on Cunard.

You must have missed the :D:D

we are just joking about the peons

If it were not for the peons the upcrust would be paying more for their suites (just joking) :p:p

Lyn

Is there going to be a Peon Lounge? :p Seriously, I hope O has the same quality bedding HAL has, which is the best in the cruise industry, no question. Why am I sure they will?;)

Hi, Esther -- I immediately thought of you when I spotted the photo of the unfinished pool on Marina -- did you see it? There is an actual staircase into the pool, not a ladder!

Hi, Esther -- I immediately thought of you when I spotted the photo of the unfinished pool on Marina -- did you see it? There is an actual staircase into the pool, not a ladder!

I did, indeed! And that was a deal maker/breaker as to booking. I'm thrilled to see those wonderful steps!

JimandStan

I was wondering why you have "marina inaugural passage not so maiden voyage" in your sign off - just curious that is all....:confused:

Our trip is the Marina's second cruise, so she won't be a "maiden" anymore, but almost! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm waiting for the details for the Executive Lounge. Of course, with what we booked DW & I may never leave it.:D

I'm interested in that one as well, too.

Does anyone know the measurements (square footage) for the two lounges and how the rooms will be set up? Any photos anywhere?

Will there be room for passengers to meet up with each other there and perhaps enjoy some coffee or tea or drinks/snacks while waiting to speak to the concierge (using the term concierge for each of the lounges)?. Surely the rooms will be staffed, won't they?

Maybe they do not want to be forced to eat with the peons

Yikes - I forgot about the peons. I would have to have to eat with anyone booked in an inside cabin. LOLOL

Is there going to be a Peon Lounge? :p

rather than hassling with the masses at the regular bars, <-----huddling masses on Oceania ?...please say it ain't so!!!! :p

I'm with the peons....let's start a 'Proud to be a Peon' campaign!!!! :D

Joyce

rather than hassling with the masses at the regular bars, <-----huddling masses on Oceania ?...please say it ain't so!!!! :p

I'm with the peons....let's start a 'Proud to be a Peon' campaign!!!! :D

Joyce

How will the others be able to identify you?

Archived