LaChampagne

BILLP1

Terry, Ships tours and transfers are off the ship, not on, where the all inclusive designation is applied. Laundry has never been included except as a perk (on SS after 100 days i.e.) Food, however, has always been considered part of the all inclusive package, no matter where it is consumed.

You are right and correct, technically. It is just that things get a little confusing as some luxury cruise lines are "including" shore excursions and big on-board credits that can be used off-shore as a part of their "free" extras. Of course, nothing is "free". These extras are part of the price you pay, directly and indirectly. Lots of marketing hype and confusion with all of them. My view of "reality" is that if some of these small, specialized dining environments were included for all for "free", then demand would exceed space available and quality could not be maintained.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 21,000 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

If a restaurant like Seishin is too small to accommodate all guests without charging they should eliminate it.

Restaurant 2 on Seabourn is small too and accommodates only 48 people yet there is no extra charge. Likewise Signatures and Prime 7 on Regent. Only SS has this charge.

Well, I like Signatures and Prime 7 for once a cruise, and I agree they should have put in another venue that wasn't an additional cost. They did add the hot rocks, and some guests are enjoying that. I was surprised before the ship started sailing how much space the chef's area took up at Seishin vs. the number of seats.

Hot Rocks is like the Patio Grill with a twist. There should be NO extra charge for ANY restaurant on an all inclusive ship, which the Silversea ships are clearly not. Or at least change your marketing to "Somewhat inclusive."

:rolleyes: I honestly did not know that these restaurants were mandatory! I must now join the fuss about paying for something I didn't want and don't even have to pay for!

Where did you get the idea that "these restaurants were mandatory!" ? They are not.

Our itinerary next month, plus at least 25 others in the near future have $500 OBC per suite. How do you feel it will affect the experience in Le Champagne?

I don't see why that would affect the experience in Le Champagne at all. Totally unrelated.

I don't see why that would affect the experience in Le Champagne at all. Totally unrelated.

I disagree. While some people will undoubtedly use the OBCs for the spa and excursions, others may find it an opportunity to try a dining venue that they would not have tried without the OBCs. There appears to be quite a few people who are not happy with a restaurant (two in the case of the Spirit) that have a charge on an all-inclusive ship. While this venue is not of interest to us, I am interested to see just how full it is next month. If it is full every night and Silversea can handle it, kudos to them.

:rolleyes: I honestly did not know that these restaurants were mandatory! I must now join the fuss about paying for something I didn't want and don't even have to pay for!

Scotspea: I believe that Le Champagne is mandatory for some guests.;) So, if that’s what you’ve been told, then it is mandatory – for you. Be aware that there will be an automatic $200 charge to your account. Now, if you don't want it, all you have to do is fill out a form with all your personal details and explain why you don't want it. And be sure you get this to reception by mid-cruise. Oh, and you better check frequently with reception, because they’re not good at remembering to remove the charge. So you see, it doesn’t take much fuss at all. :)

Scotspea: I believe that Le Champagne is mandatory for some guests.;) So, if that’s what you’ve been told, then it is mandatory – for you. Be aware that there will be an automatic $200 charge to your account. Now, if you don't want it, all you have to do is fill out a form with all your personal details and explain why you don't want it. And be sure you get this to reception by mid-cruise. Oh, and you better check frequently with reception, because they’re not good at remembering to remove the charge. So you see, it doesn’t take much fuss at all. :)

This is absolutely incorrect. If you dispute me please say where you read this. Le Champagne is completely voluntary and at an extra charge. NO GUEST IS FORCED TO EAT AT LE CHAMPAGNE. How ridiculous. It is not mandatory for "some guests" (and how, exacty, would that work?) nor is it mandatory for ANY guests. Posts like this are irresponsible, and just plain wrong. Why in the world would you post someting like this?

This is absolutely incorrect. If you dispute me please say where you read this. Le Champagne is completely voluntary and at an extra charge. NO GUEST IS FORCED TO EAT AT LE CHAMPAGNE. How ridiculous. It is not mandatory for "some guests" (and how, exacty, would that work?) nor is it mandatory for ANY guests. Posts like this are irresponsible, and just plain wrong. Why in the world would you post someting like this?

Rally: My post was meant to be humourous. Totally tongue in cheek. Sorry, if that did not come across. I think that the poster I was replying to, had been poking fun at people complaining about the Le Champagne charge, as well as the outcry about the automatic charity charge. He made that comment about people making a fuss about paying for something they didn't want and which they had a choice not to purchase. I'm sure he knew that Le Champagne isn't mandatory -- I think he was poking fun at the people complaining that there was a charge for Le Champagne because people can chose not to go there (i.e. it's not mandatory). That's how I read his comment -- and why I felt it deserved a tongue-in-cheek come-back.

Rally: My post was meant to be humourous. Totally tongue in cheek. Sorry, if that did not come across. I think that the poster I was replying to, had been poking fun at people complaining about the Le Champagne charge, as well as the outcry about the automatic charity charge. He made that comment about people making a fuss about paying for something they didn't want and which they had a choice not to purchase. I'm sure he knew that Le Champagne isn't mandatory -- I think he was poking fun at the people complaining that there was a charge for Le Champagne because people can chose not to go there (i.e. it's not mandatory). That's how I read his comment -- and why I felt it deserved a tongue-in-cheek come-back.

I apologize. Shortly after I posted Mrs. Rally chastized me and told me I had misread the inteniton of your post. After a night on the sofa I will be better . . . . . I guess =) Too bad I can't drown my sorrows tonght in The Bar with the boys over a glass of Sambuca =(

I apologize. Shortly after I posted Mrs. Rally chastized me and told me I had misread the inteniton of your post. After a night on the sofa I will be better . . . . . I guess =) Too bad I can't drown my sorrows tonght in The Bar with the boys over a glass of Sambuca =(

Thanks. No offence taken. Have a glass of Sambuca for me too.

Cheers

Thanks. No offence taken. Have a glass of Sambuca for me too.

Cheers

If one is very discreet and careful, I have found, one can light their Sambuca, bringing out the flavor of the espresso beans. Which do you prefer, white or black Sambuco?

If one is very discreet and careful, I have found, one can light their Sambuca, bringing out the flavor of the espresso beans. Which do you prefer, white or black Sambuco?

I've never had the black. I'll have to ask for it the next time I'm at The Bar.:)

Archived