3rd plus guests

dexddd

I've done some research but looking at PG's recent brochure, there are clearly rooms that will fit 3 people but I'm confused by some language in a footnote that says:

"Free airfare from Los Angeles applies to 1st and 2nd guest in stateroom. Third- and fourth-berth guests pay full air add-on."

My first question is are there any rooms for 4? I'm thinking they just put in some standard language and there aren't any for 4.

Also, can you tell me what the 3rd person fare normally runs (ballpark - I have also seen they have offered it free). I tried some trial bookings on PG site but it is not real smooth and the bookings I've tried are sold out. We are trying to figure out arrangements if 4 or 5 of us go.

Lastly, the brochure talks about a rollaway or convertible sofa. What do the rooms that sleep 3 have - the rollaway or the convertible sofa or could it be either?

Thanks in advance for your help.

We have used the third person cabin a couple of times. Its a bit tight but we are not in our cabins much. I prefer the sofa bed as that can be back into a sofa in the day and there is room to sit down and relax when needed.

The sofa bed is a single one and pitifully small. However my family thinks its a small price to pay for the pleasure of being in FP.

On a number of cruises the TP is free ie you only pay airfare of 1400 or thereabouts.

I recall there being 1 or two room in the A or B category that can take 4 people. The maximum the regular cabins can take is 3.

Our 5 foot 8inch daughter ahs slept on both and says that the sofa bed is a slightly more narrow but more comfortable than the rollaway. If you ask the steward to roll up the bed or tuck the sofa bed away she will each day. The sleeping is ok but the closets are a little tight. Our daughter used the drawers over the tv for her stay and some of the closet space. It was tight but we survived and she is coming with us for the 3rd time so I guess she found it tolerable.

Cruisedreamer thanks for the information about the rollaway. I think we have the cabin with the sofa bed next year but its good to know for the future. Last year they told us that they would leave the rollaway in the cabin each day. Since space is at a premium we opted for the sofa bed and they very kindly moved a sofa bed into the room replacing the other sofa that was already there.

Not sure that we would save money doing two cabins, as the deal being offered is 3rd person in the cabin free (all we are paying is our son's airfare).

My comment was mostly related to fare categories. TWO category E's, paying for all three pax, would be less than $15k. Three pax with one free in a GS category would cost about $25K.

Archived