Repellent Spray on Princess?

cdamion

Do I need to pack repellent spray on Princess for the photographers? Two verrrrrrrryyyyy long months from my first Princess trip and am wondering how the photographers are.

In the past they have irritated the heck out of me, sorry I really dont want to take a picture with a pirate in the middle of dinner. I don't want to have to take pictures with 4 different people when I am trying to get off the ship in port.

Some pictures are ok, like when boarding, or on formal night, but please tell me they don't go way overboard like on a couple other lines.

We don't have pictures taken anymore, and a polite "no thank you" has always worked for us.
Same here although they can be obnoxious as you are disembarking the ship in port. I say, "No" and I'm sure one look at my face convinces them I mean what I say. :)

On our last cruise in May on the Golden Coastal repo they were not stopping people on the stairs at the ports. They were taking pictures a little off to the side. Maybe they got the idea that they were really ticking people off and then they wouldn't buy a picture.

On one cruse we were in Antigua and some photographers were taking pictures and I said go ahead but we won't see them since we are on the Princess ship not the RC:D.

We were fortunate to be on the dock side on our veranda for a number of ports. I was amazed at how aggressive the photographers were. They would literally grab people as they were going by to take a picture.

Frankly, especially in European ports, after a long overnight flight from the States, I just want to get to our room instead of having to run the gauntlet.

On my last cruise, I was pleasently surprised at how little the photographers were around. I didn't see any photographers in the dining rooms the whole week, and in the evening they just set up photograph areas and it's your choice if you want a picture taken or not. I only had 2 ports (out of 5) where there were pictures at the bottom of the gangway, and as other said, a polite no thanks worked with no problem :)

On our last cruise in May on the Golden Coastal repo they were not stopping people on the stairs at the ports. They were taking pictures a little off to the side. Maybe they got the idea that they were really ticking people off and then they wouldn't buy a picture.

On one cruse we were in Antigua and some photographers were taking pictures and I said go ahead but we won't see them since we are on the Princess ship not the RC:D.

It would be wonderful if they would take the pics off to the side. I hate cutting into someone's picture, but I hate taking 10 minutes to get down the gangway.

We were on the Emerald and were passing a RCI photo shoot with a life preserver setup on the dock. They were busy for that instant when we were walking by & I had my wife pose behind their setup for a quick shot. It gets they're attention real quick when you use their props. :D

We have never had a problem with overly aggressive photographers. I can't believe how unbelievably rude some passengers can be to these poor photographers who are just trying to do the job they were hired to do. As has already been said, a polite "no, thank you" said with a smile is usually all it takes to avoid them.

We have never had a problem with overly aggressive photographers. I can't believe how unbelievably rude some passengers can be to these poor photographers who are just trying to do the job they were hired to do. As has already been said, a polite "no, thank you" said with a smile is usually all it takes to avoid them.

Just as an aside, I would NEVER be rude to the photographers, or any other crew. I assume they are doing what they are told to do, which is why I dont get any more aggressive than a polite "no thank you". All of these folks on the ships work so hard so many hours every day. There is never a reason to be flat out rude to somebody - which sadly I see a lot of on the ships.

It's not so much that I dislike the photographers doing their job but when they set up their equipment on the gangway & people refuse to pass by thereby slowing down the line getting off is when I get ticked. They should take a hint from the guys on RCI & set up on the dock so people can go around if they choose.

You are so right. These folks are just doing their job. I guess some folks just can't deal with a ten second delay getting Diamonds International!

You are so right. These folks are just doing their job. I guess some folks just can't deal with a ten second delay getting Diamonds International!

It may be a 10 second delay, but that is for each person. There could be a 100 or more people ahead of you.

I have got to say that the photographers were rather persistent on the Grand but I found that if I said no thank you and immediately turned round there was nothing they could do. I think the problem is that it does feel like a huge invasion of your privacy as everywhere you go there seems to be either a photographer or a video camera. I know they are only doing their job which is why I am never rude to them, but there were times when I was in danger of saying something very unladylike!

We were fortunate to be on the dock side on our veranda for a number of ports. I was amazed at how aggressive the photographers were. They would literally grab people as they were going by to take a picture.

Frankly, especially in European ports, after a long overnight flight from the States, I just want to get to our room instead of having to run the gauntlet.

I kind of find this hard to believe. Been on my share of Princess cruises and others and in european countries and have yet to or have I seen a photographer grab anyone to take a picture. We usually give a polite no thank you and they leave you alone.

I kind of find this hard to believe. Been on my share of Princess cruises and others and in european countries and have yet to or have I seen a photographer grab anyone to take a picture. We usually give a polite no thank you and they leave you alone.

While the photographers have frequently been a pain in the butt, they have never touched us.

While the photographers have frequently been a pain in the butt, they have never touched us.

I agree. I would think that, as an employee of the cruise line, if any one dared to reach out and grab a passenger, that they would seriously endanger their employment. While I have seen some of the costumed folk try to "talk" folks into a photo op, I have yet to see one reach out and grab somebody.

They ought to take pictures of people in the morning putting their stuff on loungers to save loungers and in the theaters. :D Maybe those rude dudes would buy them to get them off the gallery.:eek:

I may even break down and buy that one:D

we started having fun with it. when we walk off the ship my DH and I do some silly pose... knowing we arn't buying them.... sometimes they actually turn out pretty good! It's all part of the Be yourself and have fun program we follow while on vacation!

I am sorry, but you may not have been there. I have watched them dressed as Vikings, and Katherine the Great(with bra straps showing), and in other ridiculous costumes. They have grabbed people coming off the ship to hawk their pictures. I am glad you did not have to experience this.

Archived