Breakfast in MDR

ruascott

I am just posting this because I wish I would have read it - or thought about it - before our FOS cruise in July. The final day we ate breakfast in the MDR before departing the ship, and it was very nice and very good.

For some reason, we just went to the WJ or ordered room-service every day. While room service is nice on your balcony, I wish we had gone to the MDR at least a few more times during the week. The service was great, there was no crowds to push through at the buffet line, and they had some really tasty stuff that I didn't see offered either in the WJ or room service menu.

We aren't big buffet people, so if you are like us give the MDR a try instead of the cattle call in the WJ.

I absolutely agree. We eat in the WJ often but the crowds make it so hectic.

Having coffee delivered to the cabin about 7, serves as a wake up call. We enjoy the beginning of our day out on the balcony. Then we go to MDR for breakfast.

We have not tried lunch yet, but we usually eat lunch after it is closed.

The MDR for both breakfast and lunch is the best kept secret on an RCL ship. Food seems hotter, fresher, and served elegantly and quickly. They always seem to have selections that are not available in the WJ.

Is the MDR open for breakfast on Oasis as well, you mentioned RCL ship, but not sure if that meant all RCL ships?

Thanks in advance!

The MDR for both breakfast and lunch is the best kept secret on an RCL ship. Food seems hotter, fresher, and served elegantly and quickly. They always seem to have selections that are not available in the WJ.

Agree totally,,,the WJ is okay,,but we enjoy the MDR over the buffet,,,the lunch menu has changed,,they have a really great big salad table,,many things to chose from and you get served:D...

I absolutely agree. I am not a buffet person anywhere, so I convinced her to try the MDR for breakfast and lunch. When we got back she told my dad next cruise they went on together they are doing breakfast a new way. It is so much more relaxed imo, no fighting for tables etc.

I hate the buffet but unfortunately hubby loves it. So we do MDR for sea days and last day (for breakfast) and buffet for the rest of the days. Some days I don't eat much breakie anyway because we're rushing off to a port so we'll just order room service and he'll whip up to the buffet and grab a little extra something while I'm getting ready.

We eat every breakfast in the dining room....hate buffets, and not a fan of room service...too cramped and messy. I love being served, on white tableclothes, with everything you need already on the table...syrups, jams, butter, etc...no searching for those things while your food gets cold!

I ate breakfast in the Windjammer on my last RCI cruise, but plan to spend more time eating in the dining room on an upcoming Transatlantic cruise. I read about a CHOCOLATE menu at breakfast on recent cruises, so I am hoping for one of those on my cruise! :D

Do they happen to have eggs benedict? (If so, I'll be there every morning! :D)

No, they were not on the menu when we did the Jewel TA..........however, if someone asked for them they got them.

I ate breakfast in the Windjammer on my last RCI cruise, but plan to spend more time eating in the dining room on an upcoming Transatlantic cruise. I read about a CHOCOLATE menu at breakfast on recent cruises, so I am hoping for one of those on my cruise! :D

One day towards the end of the cruise they will offer a variety of breakfast items that are either made with chocolate or include a chocolate topping.

Thanks, it is a menu then, like the lunch and dinner menus?

Yes, and they also have an area where you can make up your own cereal combination......plus various types of sliced fruit.

No, they were not on the menu when we did the Jewel TA..........however, if someone asked for them they got them.

Patti, it depended on the waiter you got whether you could get eggs benedict or not. We ended up having breakfast one morning with a guy that almost threw a fit because they told him he couldn't have eggs benedict. The waiter told him it was a Diamond perk (he apparently had gotten them a couple of mornings but had been told him no a few other mornings). Then he says to me, you're Diamond, order them for me. It was a real pleasant breakfast with him complaining the entire time.:rolleyes:

We eat as many meals as we can in the MDR.... nice to eat in a calm environment, rather than the hustle and bustle of the buffet!

The only buffet meals we have are the first day lunch, and when we have to on port days.

MDR wins every time!:)

Patti, it depended on the waiter you got whether you could get eggs benedict or not. We ended up having breakfast one morning with a guy that almost threw a fit because they told him he couldn't have eggs benedict. The waiter told him it was a Diamond perk (he apparently had gotten them a couple of mornings but had been told him no a few other mornings). Then he says to me, you're Diamond, order them for me. It was a real pleasant breakfast with him complaining the entire time.:rolleyes:

I didn't realize it was only for D/D+ Members, though we did eat on Deck 5 every morning in the special area.

DH and I always check out the breakfast menu, lunch menu and dinner menu in the morning as we do our morning stroll. 99% of the time we eat in the MDR and we've really enjoyed it. The service is extremely fast for breakfast and lunch and quite tasty. Sometimes it may not be as "HOT" as you'd like it but we enjoy eating there instead of the buffet.

We also do like to try the specialty restaurants for the most part its worth the extra money but we usually find a night where the menu isn't too appealing in the MDR and decide to try one of the other restaurants.

I didn't realize it was only for D/D+ Members, though we did eat on Deck 5 every morning in the special area.

Since I always ate with Cindy who is not Diamond, I went downstairs instead of the Diamond area, hence finding out that the eggs benedict are now only available to Diamonds in the Diamond breakfast area usually.

Is there a special section for the diamond folks for breakfast on the Radiance?

Thank you.

Yes there is a special section for Diamond/Diamond plus at breakfast in the main dining room. Depending on the number of Diamond/Diamond plus onboard, they will either use the small dining room off of the MDR on deck 4 or if there are a large amount of Diamonds onboard like on the Jewel TA, they will use deck 5.

I love breakfast in the dining room. I just became Diamond and I know that there is a special seating area where you can get specialty coffees for free. I didn't know about the eggs benedict though. DD will be happy to hear about it. She was upset that it was taken off the regular dining room menu.

Archived