Mini Suite Amenities

suziehmkr

Hello Cruisers!

I was playing around in the Cruise Personalizer for our cruise that is sooooooooo far away! I can't stand it!

Anyway, it asked for our beverage preferences. I am guessing that they stock the mini fridge with our choices and then charge as we use them. Correct?

Can we ask the cabin steward to simply remove them so we can fill with our own water & sodas? We really are not Coke drinkers...

Are the prices high if we did choose to drink from the fridge?

They do not supply any sort of minibar at all, unless you are in a full suite or are an elite member of the Captain's Circle past passenger program. In these cases the minibar setup is free, though you pay for any replacements you use. The refrigerator is empty, though the ice bucket is usually kept in there so the ice will last longer. Hope this helps.

I was playing around in the Cruise Personalizer for our cruise that is sooooooooo far away! I can't stand it!

Anyway, it asked for our beverage preferences. I am guessing that they stock the mini fridge with our choices and then charge as we use them. Correct?

Can we ask the cabin steward to simply remove them so we can fill with our own water & sodas? We really are not Coke drinkers...

QUOTE]

The refrigerator will be empty. Personalizer asks for preferences, but doesn't honor them anyway. I'm Elite and get free setup (soda, beer, etc) upon embarkation. They never give me my choices, so my steward makes the exchange. Besides, I bring my own Diet Pepsi; don't like Coke products.

Arlene

Hello Cruisers!

Are the prices high if we did choose to drink from the fridge?

Hi!

Our experience was different from Arlene's. We were in a mini-suite for the 12/10 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess and the fridge was indeed stocked with our preferences, The original poster is correct that they would be charged to the shipboard account as used (we chose not to partake). It is positioned as a convenience like the fruit preference.

Hi!

The original poster is correct that they would be charged to the shipboard account as used (we chose not to partake).

Thanks Mike... I am guessing that we can just have our cabin steward remove them if they are there right? We asked them on RCCL and the steward simply placed up them in the cabinet above. We could do the same, now that I think of it! LOL

We had a mini-suite on The Golden in October and our fridge was empty. I had put in my choices and preferences on the personalizer but didn't expect anything to really be in there anway. I brought my own stuff so it didn't really matter.

Be sure to tell your room steward you are moving the sodas if you're not going to drink them. Last cruise we put them on the tip top of the vanity/desk, above his line of sight and we were charged for them. They took the charge off when we explained that we had just moved them but it'll save the hassle if you just tell him ahead.

Hi!

Our experience was different from Arlene's. We were in a mini-suite for the 12/10 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral Princess and the fridge was indeed stocked with our preferences, The original poster is correct that they would be charged to the shipboard account as used (we chose not to partake). It is positioned as a convenience like the fruit preference.

Wierd.. Last year I was on 2 cruises on the Coral.. The fridge was not stocked in our mini-suite.. Only think was a large bottle of water in case you wished to buy it.

Wierd.. Last year I was on 2 cruises on the Coral.. The fridge was not stocked in our mini-suite.. Only think was a large bottle of water in case you wished to buy it.

I would credit the preferences being stocked to the efforts of our cabin steward - he was absolutely top-notch! We also bought a 6-pack of Diet Coke in Panama (Coke Light) and there was no confusion as we consumed what we had bought and left what was originally stocked. Maybe we just got lucky!

Mike, your experience is quite unusual. The refrigerator is always empty and yours is the first I've heard of being stocked. This upcoming May 1st cruise is my 20th with Princess and we've been mostly in minis. So I guess your steward is the one who initially did it. I never use the booze they give me and we exchange the sodas for beer. Would love to exchange for wine, but they won't do it.

Arlene

To my knowledge - the only time the fridge is stocked is if you are in a suite or if you are Elite. Was this the case for those who said that your frigerator was stocked?

I hope Princess is not experimenting with filling the frigerator with items for sale.

------

On my 3 cruises last year, (May, June and December), our refrigerator was empty except for the ice container.

We also had two tv's in our minisuite on the Golden.

Hi!

We found the 2 TVs on the Coral to be more of a novelity than anything else. It was impossible to watch 2 different channels because of the conflicting audio - just allowed viewing from pretty much anywhere in the room. We have not sailed on the Golden (or sister ships). Is the mini-suite configuration different enough to allow both to be used at the same time (on different channels)?

We do not watch much TV on a cruise - just curious!

Hi!

We found the 2 TVs on the Coral to be more of a novelity than anything else. It was impossible to watch 2 different channels because of the conflicting audio - just allowed viewing from pretty much anywhere in the room. We have not sailed on the Golden (or sister ships). Is the mini-suite configuration different enough to allow both to be used at the same time (on different channels)?

The layout of the minisuites is the same on the Grand class as the Coral class. We could watch 2 different tvs with out a problem, except sometimes the remote from one controlled the other one. We also don't watch much tv but it was nice to have it in 2 different locations.

I have to agree with the posters above in that the mini-suites that I have been on have had no provisions in the refrigerator. Really strange. Just thought it was elite status and suite cabins. I guess you were lucky.

Marilyn

Last cruise I even exchanged the WATER for booze! We are Elite so our Refrig comes stocked with a one-time free set up - (misc. stuff) - we exchange for our preferences! You can bring juice from the buffet ( or just ask the steward for a picther) and keep in the refrig - then mix your own for a pre-dinner drink on the Balc. --SIGH! - Can't wait.......soon, soon.:D GotToCruise

Frige Freezer ? does anyone know if, on Grand Princess,the mini-suite frige has a small freezer section ? many thanks in advance for a reply

On several of our Princess cruises, there was a very tiny narrow shelf in the back that would freeze things, sometimes. But not big enought to do much good.

Archived