Final countdown to Eurodam & Dress finally fits

debsjc

It's just 10 days till we leave home now, heading to Fort Lauderdale, the Eurodam and our first ever suite :D

This cruise was quite a late booking for me, about 8 weeks ago. Which is good in some ways, but not much time for the pre-cruise diet!

I've been super healthy the last 8 weeks, swimming a mile twice a week, and have lost 8 pounds. Just tried my new dress on, which was bought in the January sales, and it fits perfectly. What's the chances of it still fitting on the 2nd formal night after a few days of cruise ship food?!

Do you diet pre-cruise? How much weight would you expect to put on in 7 days of HAL food?

Prepare to be pampered!

The one time we booked a suite [through an upsell] we were amazed at how different the cruise experience was! :)

Take the stairs, avoid the ice cream/dessert area, continue swimming -- you'll be OK!

And make sure to have dinner at Tamarind.

Thanks everyone :)

Prepare to be pampered!

The one time we booked a suite [through an upsell] we were amazed at how different the cruise experience was! :)

Take the stairs, avoid the ice cream/dessert area, continue swimming -- you'll be OK!

And make sure to have dinner at Tamarind.

I will definately do some swimming, might be hard to manage a mile in the Lido pool though!!

Pretty dress! I always have a weight loss goal before a cruise, or before any vacation, lol. We are looking at a winter cruise, and it will take me months to shed ten pounds. I also have a pretty black dress that WILL fit perfectly come February!

I gain several pounds on a cruise, but never notice a difference in the clothes that week, but I few weeks later I do when it all catches up with me!

If you are worried about a tight dress on the second formal night, plan on really reducing your salt now, cut back even more on the calories and continue with the exercise. If you can lose another pound before you leave, you will be just fine!

Enjoy your suite, the Eurodam and the wonderful food!!!

Keep up with your healthy eating practices on the ship...those 8 lbs will come back on twice as fast as it took to lose them, and they will bring 2 or 3 friends with them....don't eat just because you can...eat only to "fuel" your body!

If I walk a mile a meal, I don't gain weight. My boyfriend was threatening to wear the bottom to his sweatsuit with his Tux jacket to the last formal night, as his tux had gotten too snug on the cruise...I told him the old girl's trick of laying on the bed to button and zip...he was not amused!

Worried that your dress won't fit for the second formal night? Here's a trick that always works for me - go to the spa and have ionithermie (sp?) treatments. It actually removes the water weight near the surface of the skin and eliminates some inches. It may take a treatment or two - they ususally offer a special for 3 sessions. I actually find it kind of relaxing. They hook you up to electrodes and zap you to stimulate something or other..... My husband calls it my "frying" sessions, but I can only add that it does work for me!!

I'm already overweight, but I never gain on cruises and usually lose some weight. I lost 10 pounds on a 24-day TA!

I eat more salads and fresh fruit on the cruise. I order room service for breakfast (low-fat granola and yogurt) so I won't have to go near the pastries--because if I see them I can't be held responsible.

I have dessert only when they have creme brulee.

On top of all that, all the walking I do when traveling, plus I really believe the absence of job stress, helps me to keep the diet in control.

.Haven't you heard ,you don't gain weight sailing in a suite ..it's one of the perks;)

Have a wonderful time in your lovely cabin.and on your

special balcony.:)

Thank you. We could always skip the second formal and have the dinner on the balcony instead :)

I will be doing plenty of walking and swimming, but eating mostly what I like. I only cruise once a year so I intend to make the most of the gorgeous food - although I can only eat small portions, luckily!

In the words of the cruise director on the Westerdam last year, "pack your 'skinny' clothes on one side of the suitcase and your 'post cruise' clothes on the other." Most people find that when the cruise is over the only things they have that still fit are their socks!

I'm cooking from the weight watchers cookbook during the final two months before we sail again and hoping for the best...

Have a great cruise!

While I ate more than I usually do at home, I don't think I packed on any pounds. I chose wisely and with all the walking we did, I think I walked off any excess calories. Enjoy your cruise! Love the dress!

Same for us. Dh hits the ship's gym every morning while I prefer to walk the promenade deck. If you watch your dessert intake, you shouldn't gain any extra pounds.

You can always diet on shore, but on a cruise the sky is the limit. I don't worry about losing weight or not gaining weight, I worry about not meeting my goal of a pound a day, every day:)

The only time I lost weight was on the Carnival Pride. We were on the 7th deck and all the way to the bow. On that ship the MDR is at the stern and is on the 3rd deck. From my calculations we walked almost 1200 feet to get to our meals (DW would not use the elevator) and then 1200 feet back to the room. I lost 3 pounds on that cruise and will never cruise Carnival again.

HAL on the other hand, we had an aft balcony on the Eurodam and it was 3 decks down to the MDR, I held my own on weight gain and will never let that happen again. This time we are 2 decks above the MDR and I will make full out try at a pound a day every day:):)

I have surgery next week and will dump an easy 10 to 20 pounds so I will need to work harder. By the second formal night my pants usually have a tighter feel.

It's just 10 days till we leave home now, heading to Fort Lauderdale, the Eurodam and our first ever suite :D

This cruise was quite a late booking for me, about 8 weeks ago. Which is good in some ways, but not much time for the pre-cruise diet!

I've been super healthy the last 8 weeks, swimming a mile twice a week, and have lost 8 pounds. Just tried my new dress on, which was bought in the January sales, and it fits perfectly. What's the chances of it still fitting on the 2nd formal night after a few days of cruise ship food?!

Do you diet pre-cruise? How much weight would you expect to put on in 7 days of HAL food?

I dieted before our 14 day Alaska cruise. Using various "soup" diets, I lost around 6-7 lbs. (Didn't weigh myself the last day before leaving--afraid I'd be depressed!) Like you, I had a dress that I wanted to wear. I wore it the first formal night, but there was no way I could have worn it the last formal night. I gained about 8 lbs over 2 weeks. They say the average is 4-5 lbs/week, so I fit right in, statistically. I didn't pig out, but eating 3 meals a day was a lot more calories than I usually consume. I don't think I ever ate a whole dessert, but I did eat them. And, of course ice cream!!

Even though I exercise every day, I can't say the weight came off easily after the cruise. Three pounds came off the first week, but I haven't weighed myself since.

I have been on week cruises where I didn't gain weight----it is possible!!

Enjoy your cruise!! To me, the food is a major part of the enjoyment. I don't eat like that in my "real" life at home , so I don't want to deny myself too much!

Thanks for all the advice.

Les, I did post in your other topic, but I just waned to say again good luck with your surgery. I hope you make a speedy recovery and enjoy your cruise.

A little update from me, I've just weighed and lost another 2 pounds. Hopefully that will help me with the dress. When I get on board I will be enjoying all the gorgeous Eurodam food, without worrying. :D

We're another couple that loses 2-4 pounds on our cruises. Onboard, we walk a mile on the promenade deck before breakfast and after dinner each day, seas and weather permitting. We take the stairs everywhere, except during formal nights. Seems like we're constantly checking out opposite ends of the ship.

In port, we usually walk another 2-3 miles during shopping or sightseeing.

We're not big drinkers - a glass or two of wine for the evening is about our limit. We both enjoy good food - and I'm much more of a "foodie" than he is. And I don't skip dessertS!

Archived