OBC from Travel Agents

bhealy

I am hoping a TA can give me an idea as to when they would buy the OBC for their client. I am guessing it is after they get their commission, but I have no clue how long that takes. I will be going on my cruise in a month and the OBC does not show up on my amenity confirmation from NCL. The TA's invoice is the only thing I have that shows the OBC.

Agree with the other posters. I have never had the onboard credit show up prior to sailing. Last cruise, when we got in the cabin, there was a card that showed the credit along with a bottle of wine from the TA.

Have a great cruise.

We booked our last NCL cruise months in advance and I completely forgot about a $25 OBC. It showed up on our statement on day 2 or 3 of a 12 day cruise and jogged my memory. The OBC is a lot more on our 15 day cruise later this month and I will be looking for it daily! I will give it a couple of days and then question someone about if it doesn't appear since that was the scenario in April.

I have a print-out from the online agency stating the offer so I'm sure it will all work out.

I was just printing out docs for the cruise tomorrow and I was having a hard time finding where my OBC was located. I knew it wasn't on any NCL doc/edoc so I had to scroll through all the stuff my travel agent sent. It was located just above the Cancellation Charges and under the Dining Options portion of the TA's confirmation.

It states Onboard Credit and lists our names with the OBC split between us as we are not a couple. So look for it on your TA confirmation email. I printed out that section just in case it doesn't show on the account on the ship.

It may not show up on your documents as the TA doesn't buy it generally until about 1-2 weeks prior to sailing. And most times the card doesn't show up in your cabin for a day or so and it will just say something personal from the TA and their name. It's usually a refundable obc since the agent purchases it.

Archived