Live Island - Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale via Panama 17 nights

vickie_bernie

We are home, got off the ship at 815 and was at the airport at 845. Take a taxi if it is just two of you, cost was $20 including tip.

A few more injuries occurred in Aruba, two gentleman (not together) broke their elbow or wrist. Both were set and they both stayed on.

Trip was great, definately recommend it to anyone. very relaxing with all those sea days, and the crew are truley exceptional.

Our Cruise Critic group certainly added to the voyage experience. We had a few impromptu gatherings organized by others, like wine tasting, afternoon tea, and gathering in cabins for champagne and wine. We would also meet up quite often in the Elite/Platinum lounge.

I will update my blog soon with the ports and details on the excursions we took. So check it out soon.

I will still answer any questions if you have any.

Glad you two made it home safely.....:):):)

Bob

Hey, AZ neighbor, maybe I'll see you around Desert Lakes this year.

I will be the guy with the Canuck hat fishing his ball out of the lake (pond) on either 1 or 18.:D We also fly a Canuck flag on our patio about 40 yards off the 16th tee.

Glad you made it home safely and in time for the Canuck's and Lion's victories...you must have had an influence. We leave on Sunday for AZ .... back in mid-April in time for the Stanley Cup run.;)

yes -- Bernie was very happy this morning about the Canucks winning.

I also wanted to post about looking at the cameras on board. As you allready know I was looking at Nikons and ended up buying the Nikon 5000 with an extra lens at a local store Kerisdale Cameras. while on board I did see that they had a Nikon 3000 that went for the same price as I paid for mine, and the extra lense was actually MORE expensive.

It was a good call, thanks for your help

Vicki, I read thru this thread and have probably just missed it but what did they do to the Island while she was in dry dock?

not much to the passengers eye... I had a good conversation with emilio the Hotel General Manager and he said lots of update behind the scenes to help the ship run. For the passengers carpet was replaced in a lot of the common areas (lots of carpet fuzz the first week), MUTS, lighting in the Explorer's Lounge. But that is about it.

I must say I was a little disappointed that things in the cabin had not been updated, even our duvet cover had small rips in it. The shower curtain was not replaced and I had to get it replaced as there was some signs of mold at the bottom. to me it seems that these items should of been all updated in drydock.

• 3 months later...
yes all the cabins have flat screens and bigger ones than I have seen on other ships; however Emilio said that that changed happened earlier

Vickie, thanks for your "Live From..." postings all of which I just finished reading. We are booked on the Island Princess from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale on April 14th. It will be my second time on the Island Princess, the first being RT to Hawaii from Los Angeles in January 2006. I love this ship!

My question is about the Elite/Platinum "Happy Hour", or whatever they call it; I failed to see any mention of WHERE this is held; perhaps I just missed it. On the Grand Princess, Golden Princess & Crown Princess, they traditionally use the Skywalker's Bar, but the Coral Princess and the Island Princess do not have such a lounge.

Where on the Island Princess was the Elite/Platinum "Happy Hour?" I am expecting to take full advantage!

Thanks for this information. (Could you email me at cdmagfox@hughes.net please?)

~Ron

Vickie, thanks for your "Live From..." postings all of which I just finished reading. We are booked on the Island Princess from Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale on April 14th. It will be my second time on the Island Princess, the first being RT to Hawaii from Los Angeles in January 2006. I love this

Where on the Island Princess was the Elite/Platinum "Happy Hour?" I am expecting to take full advantage!

Thanks for this information. (Could you email me at cdmagfox@hughes.net please?)

~Ron

I read on Coral it was in Explorers Lounge

Archived