Sostice 9/26 Thoughts & Ramblings

Jerry and Shelly

Hey Jerry! thanks for the great review and very entertaining to hear your take on things....I bet :Dyou would make a great table mate!

Thanks ... we had a table for 10 (5 couples), but on any given night, we had from 4 to 8 show up. One couple only showed up once. We all got along great and enjoyed each other's company (at least I think the others tolerated my sense of humor.) One couple was younger than us, one about the same age, and the other 2 couples were older than us. The eldest gentleman (75) had a terrific sense of humor.

Sorry, one other note to mention since I have seen it reviewed on this board many times:

Coffee - most reviews have said that the Solstice "free" coffee is not good. I disagree. I found the coffee to be very good and the coffee was exactly how I like my women ... black, very strong, very hot, and full of liquor (unfortunately, liquor not included.)

• 3 weeks later...

HI, We saw your ship in Costa Maya, we were on the Pearl. How is Celebrity? I have heard from a lot of people they are really good.

Did that one guy miss the Carnival Valor and get on your ship, or did he forget which ship he was on? I have pics of a guy running down the dock as the Valor was leaving, stood around a bit, and talked to another lady and they both walked over to the Solstice.

Don't know about the passenger mix-up.

This was our first Celebrity cruise. We have been on Carnival, Disney, and many years ago, both NCL and Premier. Every cruise we have gone on has been great. When we started researching Celebrity, we noticed that many people on this board bash Carnival continually, which is very unjust. We found that Celebrity has a slight edge in food quality, and Carnival has a large edge in entertainment/activities. Celebrity is more relaxed and quieter. Service between the two is about the same, with Carnival having friendlier service. Celebrity is geared to the 50 and older crowd (although all ages are on the cruise), and Carnival is geared toward the family group. The Solstice is elegant; Carnival ships are flashy with more of a "wow" factor. Celebrity has nice touches like giving out cold towels at the pool (although the outdoor pools are much too small for the ship), and giving free champagne before many of the parties; although, Carnival gave free cocktails before their parties.

If you want a relaxing, adult-oriented cruise with mostly excellent food, then don't hesitate trying Celebrity.

Archived