luggage tags... really??

ViolaSwamp

Okay... so how on God's green EARTH are the paper luggage tags supposed to remain intact just stapled to our luggage? On plain printer paper? :eek:

Am I missing something here? Are there "heavy duty" luggage tags at the pier, (that are like the ones the airlines give you) that we can use, instead of the ones I've printed out? Which I don't dare to put on before we fly down, because I'm SURE Delta won't rip them off, especially with our luggage making connections at JFK and ATL! :rolleyes:

Or should I pack shipping tape in my carry on and do it that way, taping on the flimsy tags I printed, at the pier?

I am seriously confuzzled about this. If I recall correctly, RCCL had tags at the pier. HAL sent us some tags in the mail.

What's CCL's deal?

:confused:

Just came accross your post when I was figuring out what people are doing for their luggage tags. Some good ideas, but I don't want to be bothered. I found some reusable ones here:

http://www.*****.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html

They look good and the price is right:)

Okay... so how on God's green EARTH are the paper luggage tags supposed to remain intact just stapled to our luggage? On plain printer paper? :eek:

Am I missing something here? Are there "heavy duty" luggage tags at the pier, (that are like the ones the airlines give you) that we can use, instead of the ones I've printed out? Which I don't dare to put on before we fly down, because I'm SURE Delta won't rip them off, especially with our luggage making connections at JFK and ATL! :rolleyes:

Or should I pack shipping tape in my carry on and do it that way, taping on the flimsy tags I printed, at the pier?

I am seriously confuzzled about this. If I recall correctly, RCCL had tags at the pier. HAL sent us some tags in the mail.

What's CCL's deal?

:confused:

Don't blame CCL as they are not the only ones to use e-docs. Either print them on heavier paper, label, whatever - it ain't no big deal. :rolleyes:

I do cheap mans lamination. I use a long piece of clear packing tape to secure them to the handle .. Definitely don't need to worry about them tearing off :-)

I do that too along with about 20 staples in each tag.

You don't have too. Just prepare them before you go......print, cut, wrap and bring ties......easy peasy......

Exactly. I fold mine as directed, use packing tape to "sort of" laminate them and punch a couple of holes in the end. Zip ties in the outside pocket of a suitcase and once you pick up your luggage at the airport you can zip them on and you are done.

Thanks for the suggestions on having a tag inside of your suitcase..didn't think of doing that.

I find, that the dock workers who take your luggage are EXTREMELY busy, and while they may have their own tags for your luggage, it will be easier for them just to grab your bags and put them on a cart, if the tags are already on.

Melanie

I didn't read the entire thread, but what I did read never mentioned this. I print both my luggage tags and Fun Pass on card stock (heavy paper). Then I use clear packing tape over and around the luggage tags, as others mentioned. Using the card stock makes it much more sturdy, especially when folded as they say and then covered with packing tape. Just remember to take along a small pair of scissors to cut the tags off before debarkation. (As per debarkation instructions.)

Archived