Tours at Port

markadele

I have read somewhere when you get of the tender there are pepole trying to sell tours. We are just wanting to check out some of the island and do some shopping. We dont really want to do the beach or snorkle thing. Dont want to spend the hole time on the island on a tour just a few hours. So my question is are there pepole as you get off the tender trying to sell island tours. WE are going on Navagator of the sea will be in Grand Cayman on monday Nov. 8th. Are there alot of shops close to the tender drop off? Thank You this will be our first cruise and first time to Goergetown

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am on the same cruise! In January, we did a cheap tour from one of those vendors. We had walked down to Eden Rock to do a dive and on the way back talked to someone about a tour for $10. We had to wait quite some time until they talked enough people into filling their bus, but we went to Hell, the dolphin discovery area to watch the dolphins and could walk over to the turtle farm (altho I think they charged something to get in there, but I am unsure). Anyway, it was only a few hours, if that, and was worth doing.

I have read somewhere when you get of the tender there are pepole trying to sell tours. We are just wanting to check out some of the island and do some shopping. We dont really want to do the beach or snorkle thing. Dont want to spend the hole time on the island on a tour just a few hours. So my question is are there pepole as you get off the tender trying to sell island tours. WE are going on Navagator of the sea will be in Grand Cayman on monday Nov. 8th. Are there alot of shops close to the tender drop off? Thank You this will be our first cruise and first time to Goergetown

Hey, we are on the same cruise!! As others have said, there are plenty of tours at the port when you get off. Beach, shopping, snorkeling, turtle farms, etc..If you dock at Royal Watler port, head to the right as you get off and all along the street, are shops. Eden Rock and Paradise Restaurant : Keep going to the right as you get off the ship. Paradise Restaurant overlooking the water and has shaded area for just relaxing with a drink. :) see you soon.

There are lots of shops within walking distance of the tender pier. The last time we were there we thought about doing a tour, but thought the cruise excursions way too expensive. We were approached by several drivers as we walked out of the pier. We decided to shop and then see how much time we had left. While walking up Cardinal Ave. a taxi driver offered us a tour for $10.00 per person. We took her up on the offer. She took us to the turtle farm and waited for us, to Hell, gave us a tour the neighborhoods so we could see how the regulars live as well as a tour of some of the magnificent properties. We spent about 4 hours with her. It was one of the best tours we've ever had. We have her phone number and next time she will take us to the north shore beaches.

DebJ - Can you share her phone number? Thanks.

I called her to get permission, but she asked me not to share her phone number. It is a cell and she does not want to have to pay for any incoming calls. She said she only gives it to the tourists that she liked and who treated her well. (I guess we tipped her what she thought she should get) We are disappointed as she will be off the island when we arrive in January. She and her DH will be visiting his family in Jamaica. Sorry

There are lots of shops within walking distance of the tender pier. The last time we were there we thought about doing a tour, but thought the cruise excursions way too expensive. We were approached by several drivers as we walked out of the pier. We decided to shop and then see how much time we had left. While walking up Cardinal Ave. a taxi driver offered us a tour for $10.00 per person. We took her up on the offer. She took us to the turtle farm and waited for us, to Hell, gave us a tour the neighborhoods so we could see how the regulars live as well as a tour of some of the magnificent properties. We spent about 4 hours with her. It was one of the best tours we've ever had. We have her phone number and next time she will take us to the north shore beaches.

Love to have that phone # - we are going Dec 12 on the Dawn and were thinking of looking for that very thing. Someone who would give us a good, no tourist trap things. Too bad she won't give out the # and just answer when it is a local call. We would call when we get to shore. Maybe we will be lucky and find someone like that too.

Hi... was really interested in hiring a driver when we get there at the end of January. I have never been there before and it will just be 3 females traveling by ourselves....does anyone have any idea how safe Grand Cayman is or should we just stick with the ship???

it will just be 3 females traveling by ourselves....does anyone have any idea how safe Grand Cayman is or should we just stick with the ship???

Cayman is very safe, probably one of the safest islands you'll visit. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived