Bra Discovery

robthens

ok girls, I still have a devil of a time getting a bra! problem 34" band size and G cup size! only place I can get them is Nordstroms ( Le Mystere) and of course it is a "heavy duty" style. I bought a halter dress to wear for White Night Party and now what to put the "girls" in...Come on ..Where is Dolly Parton's tailor when you need him?

Not sure about Dolly Parton's tailor but for years I have bought my bras from Frederick's of Hollywood. From the time I was a 36B through now with a wacky thyroid and up to a 42D. From solid to sexy they have a good selection for even those of us with a "little" more than those 00 models:D.

ok girls, I still have a devil of a time getting a bra! problem 34" band size and G cup size! only place I can get them is Nordstroms ( Le Mystere) and of course it is a "heavy duty" style. I bought a halter dress to wear for White Night Party and now what to put the "girls" in...Come on ..Where is Dolly Parton's tailor when you need him?

I feel your pain, I'm the exact same size. For years I thought that I was a DDD. Last summer I was lucky enough to stumble upon a great shop (an hour away) that had beautiful bras. They were very costly but worth every penny in order to keep the girls from looking as if each had a twin.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a couple Soma bras I purchased a year or so ago, thought I was saving money over my normal Wacoal bras. Well, they just aren't the same...look the same, same size, but not as comfy. Since they aren't absolutely horrid I wear them to get my moneys worth, but I did purchase myself one of my old standby Wacoal bras for Christmas.

I cannot wait to replace the Soma bras one by one, every few months or so.

I sure wish the Soma bras had worked well for me, they are about $20 less than my Wacoal brand :( With coupons, even more of a savings, so I am happy for those of you who love them.

Saw an segment on Regis & Kelly this week about Bra fitting. Lots of women are wearing too big a band size - Yet few bra companies make less than a 34 ( or if they do, few stores carry them), particulary in cup sizes larger than C, yet many women need 32 or even 30. For a woman who is thin throught the torso and has even moderately large breasts, it is nearly impossible to find a bra that fits. According to fit guides, I need a 32DD. That' s almost impossilbe to find (the few I have found a heavily padded, pushup style). I have to be content with a 34D.

I am pleased to see on Sona's website that they have 32DD in a practical bra.:)

• 3 weeks later...
I recently discovered Soma' date=' too, and they do have some wonderful stuff. I believe they are affiliated with Chicos. When in their store last I noticed sleeping clothes (nightgowns, camis, boy shorts) in fabric that is supposed to stay cool at night. A boon for those of us who have to throw off the covers at 2 am![/quote']

Soma, Chicos, and White House Black Market are owned by the same company. Soma is wonderful! The "cool nights" sleepware and "cool days" dayware are great, along with the bras ect...

Archived