Bra Discovery

robthens

We do have a Soma store so I only wear their underwear and bras now .. I have never been as happy with a line. They have a couple sales a year that are amazing .. like 6 pairs of panties for $30 .. love it.

I also wear a lot of their sleepwear and active wear. They have some bamboo garments that are fabulous .. wash like a dream and are the softest fabric I have ever found.

I will have to look into their bras. I wore Wacoal for years but the last 2 bras had issues with the wire coming out and jabbing me. At those prices, I said forget it and went to something less expensive. Not sure I am getting the same support, though.

I just bought the soma bra last week myself. They are wonderful. No elastic around the top and bottom so I thnk t wll be more comfortable in the summer. The foam cup s not like other bras where they can seperate from the cup, these are the same fabric as the sides and back. There are no seams on the sides just around the cup to hold the underwire. I have never been able to wear a front hook until this one. I bought both a front hook one and a back hook one. They are my new favorite bra.

The nghtgowns are made from bamboo rayon and OMG they are so soft and nice.

paid full price and cant wait for a sale to buy more. 'I may have to buy their underware now also to try them out.

Ordered this bra in 2 colors and it is AMAZING!!!!! Super comfy, no bra lines in the back. No riding up and down with movement, bra straps stay comfortably up on my shoulder where they belong. The foam cup doesn't increase size, just smoothes everything over... call it a modesty cup!;) I usually slip out of mine at the end of the day, but I can wear this forever and still be comfy!:D I found that for me it was true to size.

Ordered this bra in 2 colors and it is AMAZING!!!!! Super comfy, no bra lines in the back. No riding up and down with movement, bra straps stay comfortably up on my shoulder where they belong. The foam cup doesn't increase size, just smoothes everything over... call it a modesty cup!;) I usually slip out of mine at the end of the day, but I can wear this forever and still be comfy!:D I found that for me it was true to size.

You didn't find that they make your clothes tighter? That is why I have steered away from them. I have visions of all my tops gaping in the front and buttons straining.

You didn't find that they make your clothes tighter? That is why I have steered away from them. I have visions of all my tops gaping in the front and buttons straining.

No, in fact I think my tops fit better because there are the rumples and bumps that there used to be. The cups really only shape you. The foam maybe is 1/8 inch thick, but it is just enough to "smooth and camoflauge" everything for a nice put together look.

I am DD. I don't wear foam cups - I've yet to find any that are comfortable, supportive, and not HUGE. Would love to know if any larger women have tried the Soma foam bras and what they think?

Yes, I also have nipples, I'm a woman:p I don't wear skintight clothing; they aren't a problem for me. Regular bras are just fine, thank you....

the metal hook in the front was very uncomfortable for me. It rested right on my breastbone. Otherwise I thought is was very comfortable, fit well and looked great. I did buy a few other Soma bras that I've worn before that I love.

Hoyaheel

Yes I am a 38DD and these bras are great. They are not like other foam bras. They are just perfect to avoid titty hard ons that show- i have that as a big problem with bras that have no padding or the like. But these are great. I also can wear the front hook one- the first time in my life I have been able to. But I also bought a back hook one just in case, just have not had time to wear it yet. When I wear it I have a smooth back, straps stay in place like others said. try it!!

• 3 weeks later...

One month from original post.......

Thought I'd jump in again and say I still love the bras!

Without a doubt, the most comfortable bra I have ever owned.

I can raise my arms and it doesn't ride up. Gives great support.

I'm a 34D which is not much to brag about; however, I really like the

finished look I've gotten under knits.

Hope this review helps!!!!!

One month from original post.......

Thought I'd jump in again and say I still love the bras!

Without a doubt, the most comfortable bra I have ever owned.

I can raise my arms and it doesn't ride up. Gives great support.

I'm a 34D which is not much to brag about; however, I really like the

finished look I've gotten under knits.

Hope this review helps!!!!!

I bought two of these after the review. WONDERFUL!!!! Doesn't ride up, straps don't slide down, completely smooth finish under clothes... And I DO have back fat!!!:rolleyes: Cups are very smooth with thin layer of foam, not heavy padding. I can't say enough about how much I love this bra. In fact I haven't worn a different on since I bought these. Thanks so much for the tip!:D

Also, if you are a Chico's member you can sign in and get 5% off and/or use their coupon codes for discount.

I got the 20% Chicos etc coupon in email today and went to see what the price on the bra would be - you all must REALLY like it since most of the sizes are back ordered until Mid-December:p Ah well......

It's worth the wait! :D

Previously posted by whom? :confused: The bulge reference was in the description not in a post by anyone before cb mentioned it.

Unfortunately I've yet to see cb return to a post where she posts her "knowledge", so she never learns that she's often posted incorrect information. Again and again and again it happens, it doesn't matter what the topic is. It's terribly annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I was in one of our local malls the other day and saw a Soma store.

After reading this thread and the raves for their products and I went in an bought the Agnes Wirefree bra. I haven't worn it yet but tried it on quickly and for the few minutes it was on it felt comfortable. I'll try it this week for the real test of wearing it all day.

On line it says you can machine wash. I usually machine wash my bras on the delicate cycle.

However the inside of the bra says handwash.

Have you had an problems washing them in the machine? Do you think I'll need to handwash?

Thank you in advance.

Noreen

Hi

I was in one of our local malls the other day and saw a Soma store.

After reading this thread and the raves for their products and I went in an bought the Agnes Wirefree bra. I haven't worn it yet but tried it on quickly and for the few minutes it was on it felt comfortable. I'll try it this week for the real test of wearing it all day.

On line it says you can machine wash. I usually machine wash my bras on the delicate cycle.

However the inside of the bra says handwash.

Have you had an problems washing them in the machine? Do you think I'll need to handwash?

Thank you in advance.

Noreen

I wash mine in a lingerie (mesh) bag on the delicate cycle with cold water. I do not put them in the dryer. (door knob in the laundry room works perfect)

I don't wash anything by hand. LOL

I wash mine in a lingerie (mesh) bag on the delicate cycle with cold water. I do not put them in the dryer. (door knob in the laundry room works perfect)

Thank you - I didn't want to start washing anything by hand

I also wash in the washing machine, with my other clothes, but never put them in the dryer. Heat and elastic are enemies!:o

ok girls, I still have a devil of a time getting a bra! problem 34" band size and G cup size! only place I can get them is Nordstroms ( Le Mystere) and of course it is a "heavy duty" style. I bought a halter dress to wear for White Night Party and now what to put the "girls" in...Come on ..Where is Dolly Parton's tailor when you need him?

Archived