Bra Discovery

robthens

Package arrived today and I couldn't be happier. Have worn Wacoal for years; however, they have become uncomfortable.

Recently I saw an add on TV for Sona Intimates (I don't have a store close to where I live). I followed their measuring chart and took a chance. Thought I'd share my discovery with the board.

Vanishing Back Front-Close Nadia Underwire Bra

Style: 560000135

Sleek full-coverage bra boasts a unique design with a powerful, seamless back that eliminates bulges for a beautiful silhouette.

• Smoothing seamless back.
  • Contour foam cups.
  • Underwire.
  • Front-adjustable straps with signature hardware.
  • Front closure.
  • 76% Nylon, 24% Spandex. Hand wash, cold. Imported.

560000135ext2_normal.jpg

560000135_379_normal.jpg

I recently discovered Soma, too, and they do have some wonderful stuff. I believe they are affiliated with Chicos. When in their store last I noticed sleeping clothes (nightgowns, camis, boy shorts) in fabric that is supposed to stay cool at night. A boon for those of us who have to throw off the covers at 2 am!

Package arrived today and I couldn't be happier. Have worn Wacoal for years; however, they have become uncomfortable.

Recently I saw an add on TV for Sona Intimates (I don't have a store close to where I live). I followed their measuring chart and took a chance. Thought I'd share my discovery with the board.

Sleek full-coverage bra boasts a unique design with a powerful, seamless back that eliminates bulges for a beautiful silhouette.

• Contour foam cups.
  • Underwire.
  • Front closure.

560000135ext2_normal.jpg

560000135_379_normal.jpg

Aren't these the ones that are sold at Chico's?

If you wear the correct size and keep the band horizontal around your ribs (and don't let it "ride up" in the back), you won't have "back fat" anyway!

I'm not as concerned about "back fat" as I am about comfort.

I love the comfort.

Soma and Chicos are owned by the same company (got my Chicos Passport savings on my mail order).

Like anyone said anything about back fat.....SHEESH.:rolleyes:

The description of the product itself mentions eliminating "bulge" so the comment was in response to something previously posted.....

Foam cups - hate them! Other than that, the bra looks comfy:p

The description of the product itself mentions eliminating "bulge" so the comment was in response to something previously posted.....

Foam cups - hate them! Other than that, the bra looks comfy:p

Previously posted by whom? :confused: The bulge reference was in the description not in a post by anyone before cb mentioned it.

I recently discovered Soma, too, and they do have some wonderful stuff. I believe they are affiliated with Chicos. When in their store last I noticed sleeping clothes (nightgowns, camis, boy shorts) in fabric that is supposed to stay cool at night. A boon for those of us who have to throw off the covers at 2 am!

What is the fabric content on the sleeping clothes. This will help me locate them on-line. I'm anxious to try more of their things.

This quality of the bra (front closure, fabric, etc) is excellent!

• Contour foam cups.
  • Underwire.
  • Front closure.

560000135ext2_normal.jpg

560000135_379_normal.jpg

glad to hear your Wacoal was uncomfortable. Mine too....thought it was just me. actually it is the most uncomfortale bra I have ever purchased...actually to the point of being painful. Will never purchase another one.

I used to wear Wacoal all the time, hadn't in a while, and recently bought another one, and it is killiing me at the underwires. The old ones used to have some sort of felt-like fabric lining the inside of the underwire, but apparently these new ones do not!

Will have to look into Soma, to see if they have my size.

Previously posted by whom? :confused: The bulge reference was in the description not in a post by anyone before cb mentioned it.

As I said, posted in the description. It was on the thread. Just because it wasn't the original poster's own words, rather the description of the product, doesn't mean it wasn't here. CB thought it was worthy of comment. If it doesn't apply to you, or the original poster didn't buy that bra for that reason, yippee, move on. But it was there and someone wanted to comment on it. That's all I'm pointing out. Some people might actually want a bra that purports to eliminate back bulge.

For me - bras that fit properly around my back can still cause bulge. But I haven't found edgeless bras to be effective with my large chest......

As I said, posted in the description. It was on the thread. Just because it wasn't the original poster's own words, rather the description of the product, doesn't mean it wasn't here. CB thought it was worthy of comment. If it doesn't apply to you, or the original poster didn't buy that bra for that reason, yippee, move on. But it was there and someone wanted to comment on it. That's all I'm pointing out. Some people might actually want a bra that purports to eliminate back bulge.

For me - bras that fit properly around my back can still cause bulge. But I haven't found edgeless bras to be effective with my large chest......

As long as we're splitting hairs, "back fat" was not there, I just thought it was a term that no lady wants to hear.;) Some people are not known for their tact. I'm not sure why you are making such a deal about my comment, which I have every right to do, and don't need to be told to move on.:)

I'm not sure why you are making such a deal about my comment, which I have every right to do, and don't need to be told to move on.:)

Absolutely, you do. As did I, though you took issue with my post which is why I replied again. So I suppose we've split the hairs on this as thoroughly as possible at this point.

As far as I can see, that model doesn't know what back fat, buldge or a sandwhich is. Why don't they use "real" people to show eactly what these "miracle" garments do. If I wanted to to look like that, I think I it's time for some serious diet and exercise!:)

If you wear the correct size and keep the band horizontal around your ribs (and don't let it "ride up" in the back), you won't have "back fat" anyway!

Absolutely, you do. As did I, though you took issue with my post which is why I replied again. So I suppose we've split the hairs on this as thoroughly as possible at this point.

There's always room for one more split. Mine is that you appear to disagree with the post about back fat so why the post in the first place? :confused:

My reaction is that no bra in the world is going to make back fat go away. If it is there, it is there. Some garments just hide it better than others.

As far as I can see, that model doesn't know what back fat, buldge or a sandwhich is. Why don't they use "real" people to show eactly what these "miracle" garments do. If I wanted to to look like that, I think I it's time for some serious diet and exercise!:)

I think I need more than diet and exercise - more like a body transplant. :rolleyes:

Robthens,

How much have you worn the bra? I don't like those foamy bras but I guess that's not fair since I haven't tried one.:o I'm just wondering if the foam is hot? OK in the winter but not summer.

I knew when I tried the bra on it was really comfortable. I too wondered if the foam cups would too much of a change. Wore the bra today and loved it! Can't say if it will be too hot next summer. Still a little warm here in Texas but haven't put it to the real summer test.

Did like it enough to order 2 more today (another black & "purrfect").

The web site shows a Columbus day sale Oct 7-11. 15% discount or 20% discount to Passport member.....plus you receive a $20 Soma gift card. Discount code 2032 for anyone interested.

I started a new thread on the clothes on the TV show Mad Men.........

now girls those were bras.....lol

I've been wearing that bra for 2 weeks and it is very comfortable and smoothing in the back. I was measured in the store by the fitting professionals and came out a cup size smaller than I usually wear. When I tried it on it was obvious that I needed to go up a cup size to my usual size. Foam back bras are great...when there is an elastic band at the top and bottom it squeezes your flesh...the foam backs are like one seamless piece. Sign up for the emails because they send you discount codes. I got the bra and a panty and shipping for $8 less than the regular price of the bra, but that was a 2 day sale that is now over.

I've been wearing that bra for 2 weeks and it is very comfortable and smoothing in the back. I was measured in the store by the fitting professionals and came out a cup size smaller than I usually wear. When I tried it on it was obvious that I needed to go up a cup size to my usual size. Foam back bras are great...when there is an elastic band at the top and bottom it squeezes your flesh...the foam backs are like one seamless piece. Sign up for the emails because they send you discount codes. I got the bra and a panty and shipping for $8 less than the regular price of the bra, but that was a 2 day sale that is now over.

Looks like you've grasp a great deal.

As long as we're splitting hairs, "back fat" was not there, I just thought it was a term that no lady wants to hear.;) Some people are not known for their tact. I'm not sure why you are making such a deal about my comment, which I have every right to do, and don't need to be told to move on.:)

front fat, side fat, leg fat, middle fat..and dress it very effectively and it all dissappears very nicely, so that no one sees any of it. I call my dressing mode..."skimming the fat". I have aquiessed on the "rubber bras tho". And love the yummy colours. As a voluptuous gal, I have some of my things tailored to fit, buy to fit,or made to my specs and am my own worst critic about how I look. I like Chicos, and 3 works on me, and my ample arms. MY DH can even buy for me..what size am I?...MY SIZE....they are all the same size becuz they fit ME ! size--- schmize---relative, my dears..so much for my back fat

I finally found a bra that I love. It's the Ahhh Bra by Rhonda Shear. I absolutely love them, they're the most comfortable bra ever. I'm larger in the chest department, and these bras work so well. You can wear one for minimal support and up to three at a time (I know that sounds weird, but that's how they showed it on TV) for maximum support. Even when you wear three, they are so totally comfortable.

If you like Soma bras and stuggle covering up the girls even with a cami, I highly recommend this bra. I can't tell you how much more comfortable I am at work! No more worrying if its cut too low or camis that seem to get lower on the chest as the day goes on.

http://www.soma.com/store/browse/product.jsp?maxRec=12&pageId=1&productId=500001779&viewAll=&prd=Camisole+Bridget+Lined+Underwire+Lace+Bra&subCatId=cat5979280&color=&fromSearch=&inSeam=&posId=3&catId=cat40089&cat=Bras+Best+Loved+Bras&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=1&size=

Archived