Kids Menus - MDR and Room Service

ljt064

I've seen lots of threads regarding the Regular Menu for both the MDR and Room Service. Is there a seperate menu for the kids? Are there items they can order off menu? I'm not looking for just chicken fingers, mac n cheese but something geared towards kids below 11 years old.

Room service menu does not do a seperate menu for children.

(and adults can order off the childrens menu.- banana split--yumm)

and the kids do NOT have to eat off the kids menu if they dont want to.

I've seen lots of threads regarding the Regular Menu for both the MDR and Room Service. Is there a seperate menu for the kids? Are there items they can order off menu? I'm not looking for just chicken fingers, mac n cheese but something geared towards kids below 11 years old.

What kinds of foods are you thinking about?

They have a kids menu but pretty much the same as the station in the LIDO deck with the old hamburgers (shame cause they cook em fresh, if they would serve em fresh they might not be so bad), overcookeed hot dogs, and chewy chicken tenders that even my kids will not eat. They have a few others things but all low quality, even the wait. staff will try and encourage the kids to order off the main menu unless they are really young.

My daughter likes the cheese pizza off the kids menu. It's an individual small pizza, not like the slices you get on the Lido. She also likes the PBJ, but we have to REQUEST that the sandwich not be toasted. For some reason, Carnival toasts the bread on just about all their sandwiches. :confused:

The brownies off the kids menu last time tasted like they had amaretto in them, so my DD didn't like them. The banana split is yummy, and I often order it for myself instead of the melting cake. My daughter prefers the cookies.

From the main menu, DD recommends the bing cherry soup, chilled strawberry soup, the chicken strips, and the snapper.

Have a great cruise!

There is plenty for kids....do NOT worry about that! Mac and cheese, chicken fingers (didn't really know chickens had fingers, but, whatever!), pizza, burgers, ....whatever kids like, they will have. No worries.

OP said she is not looking for mac n cheese or chicken fingers. I don't know what kind of food is geared towards 11 year olds though.

Bill

What happened to the mac & cheese? I don't see it on the kids menu.

it was not on the menu on the Dream but the chef will make it if someone asks for it :)

as for the question:

hot dog

pizza

pepperoni pizza

cheeseburger

chicken fingers

fruit cup

those what were on the kids menu on the dream. i may be missing a few. another option that we used was ordering an appetizer or appetizer sized entree. anyone in the dining room can order anything on either menu, except alcohol for minors :)

LOL- my DD is the absolute opposite ! She looked at the kids menu, looked at me with a "WTH ?" look and asked to see my menu. She was 8 at the time and ordered filet mignon and a side of brocoli ! Expensive taste my kid !

Thats funny! My DD is the same way. She is 9 and such a foodie. Her favorite meal is steak and broccoli. She also likes salmon. The waiters are amazed at what she orders. She loves cruising and eating in the main dining room. She likes to be able to order anything off the menu and I like not having to worry about the price.

Just off the Freedom yesterday. DS is 18 but has autism and likes simpler foods, I thought we would be using the kids menu but he found something on the regular menu every night. he started usually with the fresh fruit, he loved the corn fed chicken breast, and had the appetizer chicken tenders one night. he loved the broccolli and carrots that came with the chicken and just asked for a side of french fries. the adult desserts were too much for him but the bannana split was perfect. the flat iron steak is also a good choice as it is not too highly seasoned.

Archived