Liberty or Glory Aft Wrap

Prairie_Gal

I have started dreaming about an aft wrap on the Liberty or Glory in Nov. or Dec. 2011 (Eastern caribbean itin.). From looking at the deck plans the cabins do not seem to be the same size, or is it just an optical illusion?

Can anyone who has had these cabins comment? Also, what about people looking down? Is there any difference on any of the decks? Any problems with noise from above or below? And lastly, do any of the decks have an overhang to give some shade?

Any pictures of the cabins would be appreciated.

PS: The Carnival website really sucks now. They must lay awake at night thinking up ways to make it harder to navigate!

We think the best deck is deck 7 because it is between decks that have only cabins. Deck 6 can be noisy because it is over a lounge and deck 8 is below the Lido and there is noise from dragging of deck chairs. Deck 7 aft wraps did not have a couch and I'm not sure about deck 8 but I don't think they have any either. Deck 6 was the only deck with aft wrap cabins for 3 people and the others are for only two.

We were on Liberty last March in 6452, a port side aft wrap. The balcony was great, had 3 chairs, a table and two loungers. Noise from below was minimal. We heard tryouts for the talent show a couple times between 10 & 11 pm, but that was all. Unless you need room for 3, I would suggest deck 7 where you may have a better chance of avoiding noise all together. Our cabin did have a sofa which converts to a bed for the 3rd individual. I wouldn't hesitate to book an aft wrap again :D

We have sailed in 7440 on Liberty and loved it! Would do it again if the price is right. LOVED, LOVED. LOVED the balcony!

The cabin is a bit smaller. We had the beds apart and was a little squeeze between the bathroom door and bed but really not an issue. There are no couches on the Deck 7 afts.

We did meet our neighbors above but had to stand at the rail to do so. The neighbors next to us (aft) were right there as the balcony divider is angled. Again not an issue.

We had a champagne and strawberry gathering and there was room for everyone.

We spent a lot of time sunning out there. Two loungers and plenty of room plus a breeze.

These are great cabins if you love to spend time on your balcony. The wake view is incredible and pulling in & out of ports was wonderful!

There was a bit of ash from the stack some days but the steward took care of it. One time we did have to wipe the chairs off ourselves. Oh, you can get some black feet if you do not have shoes on.

We had deck 6 on the liberty. I do not think the room is any larger than the other balcony rooms, but it is shaped different, and it seems much more roomy. Instead of a long skinny room, it is almost square. We heard very little noise from the lounge below us. We usually go to bed fairly early, and the noise never kept us awake.

There was usually one side of the deck you could go to to find shade or sun. Just depended on what direction you were headed.

We had a poker run, and had 20 people out on the deck, and it still was not crowded at all.

If some one looks down from above, they can see part of your deck, but not all of it. You still have some privacy.

You will absolutely love the deck. We have had ones on the Liberty and Splendor and love them.

Had 7477 on the glory and loved it, no couch but did have a table and 2 chairs in the room and the room seemed bigger than others the balcony was fantastic, had lounges andf a table as well as a reg chair. no problems with ash however the light at the stern of the ship was always on at night and kind took away some of the romance but it was not a real bright light. yes would book same cabin again

We were on the Liberty sailing on July 31st. The balcony was HUGE. I have to say, though, it was almost TOO warm out there and very little shade. There were only 3 of us, but we could have had at least 8 of us out there at one time...or more! Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm going to try and attach a couple of pics of balcony.

cc1.jpg.d3bca4f1111c06973e67fc53ac7727c4.jpg

cc2.jpg.7a41e8fad355ae36c0d1d1d9e8f25e69.jpg

I had requested/purchased birthday decorations for my daughter, but you can still get an idea of the size of the stateroom. It was plenty big for the 3 of us and lots of storage/closet space. I slept on the "couch" and was very comfortable. I thought I'd attach a sunset too. :-)

fb4.JPG.bc2dbe774d885da55036870a8a6c094d.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG.95deb06a40ae3144cd5f8cfce3576362.JPG

Archived