memorable menu items

suec12

Thanks to Host Andy for posting the new menus - so many tasty sounding choices. I'm wondering if recent cruisers might name any items that they particularly enjoyed. Especially looking for feedback on pasta choices - when I cruised in May I never tried the pasta, I think some earlier cruisers had been pretty negative on it. There was really a streak going on this board when there was alot of Azamara bashing being posted - I'm glad posts are more upbeat lately and the new menus sound very nice.

We loved the chicken lollipops in Prime C and the donuts with the fabulous dips - I know it doesn't really qualify as haute cuisine, but they were just delicious. Fresh donuts with dark chocolate and white chocolate sauces..... yummmmm

I am looking forward to the specialty coffees throughout the day too ....

and the donuts with the fabulous dips - I know it doesn't really qualify as haute cuisine, but they were just delicious. Fresh donuts with dark chocolate and white chocolate sauces..... yummmmm

Actually, the classic French dish of donuts [boules de Berlin] was demonstrated on UK TV by Michel Roux Junior this week.

Sue

We loved the chicken lollipops in Prime C and the donuts with the fabulous dips - I know it doesn't really qualify as haute cuisine, but they were just delicious. Fresh donuts with dark chocolate and white chocolate sauces..... yummmmm

I am looking forward to the specialty coffees throughout the day too ....

Hi Ikelmay !

I havent sailed with Azamara in a while, but I fondly remember the Prime C donut dessert. It was incredible, and I hope it remains on the menu. We also enjoyed the Coffee bar, and all the tasty items offered each day. Overall, we thought most all of the food (especially the Specialty Restaurants) were outstanding.

I also want to thank Host Andy for posting the menus. I also must say that I think Dr. H must only eat at the finest restaurants on the planet if he doesn't think these menus offer enough variety or appealing choices.

Personally, I can't wait to board next week and I'll give a full review of the menus when we return.

Trish

I also want to thank Host Andy for posting the menus.

<snip>

Personally, I can't wait to board next week and I'll give a full review of the menus when we return.

Trish

Hi Trish !

Thank you for your nice comment. Personally, I thought the menus looked outstanding, but it would be unfair for me to pass judgement without tasting any of it. Hopefully, I will get my chance in early 2011. FYI, another Cruise Critic member boarded Journey yesterday and had excellent comments about the New menus.

I look forward to hearing your comments when time permits. Have a wonderful Cruise !

Archived