Any Reason I shouldn't sell my RCL stock?

judyfssw

Many years ago, I bought RCL stock and enjoyed the benefits of the OBC. Then came the stock market slide and I've lost money on the stock. And now, I can't use the stock credit for OBC if I book onboard. So, give me a good reason why I shouldn't sell my stock for something that's moving up.

Many years ago, I bought RCL stock and enjoyed the benefits of the OBC. Then came the stock market slide and I've lost money on the stock. And now, I can't use the stock credit for OBC if I book onboard. So, give me a good reason why I shouldn't sell my stock for something that's moving up.

None. It's a good price now. Treat it like any other investment and buy it again when the price drops.

I feel your pain. :cool: I'm waiting until it gets less painful to sell. Meanwhile, I'm taking advantage of the booking onboard OBC that we CAN combine with diamond balcony discounts again.

So what does your crystal ball tell you is going to go up in value? :D

We no longer book onboard & instead book with an agency that gives us OBC and we can still collect the shareholder credit. I guess that's an option for you ...

You should treat this investment decision like any other. If you think the stock price will increase in the future, you should continue to hold. On the other hand, if you think the stock price will decrease or do nothing because of higher fuel costs and increased industry competition, you should sell and reinvest in a company that you believe will make you money.

Just my $.02 for what it's worth.

Lots of people complaining about not being able to combine the shareholders credit with other OBC's. If you have other investments, do you get ANY perks from them; free food at McDonalds, toys at Toys-R-Us etc.? NO!

Very true, getting any perk from a shareholdng is quite rare. Not that it never exists, but not offered often.

However, regarding the original question; it's up over 500% from early last year, or almost 50% from 6 weeks ago. I'd certainly call that "something that's moving up," so am interested what the OP has in mind that is confident will be better than that.

1) Seeking investment advise on a board like this may not be your best idea.

2) There are likely better places for your money (but then again please refer to #1 :D)

I agree. This isn't the best place to get investment advice. Maybe she should listen to the "experts" on wall Street.:mad::rolleyes:

What was your original reason for purchasing RCCL? What price did you pay? What did your broker say? What does your broker say now? Does this stock fit in your portfolio? Where will you put the money from the sale? Only you can answer these questions. This is the wrong place to seek these answers.

Unless you have greater knowledge about all of the factors influencing the stock's price than the market does, you should assume that the share price is where is should be. For that reason, the decision to buy or sell should not be based on where you think the stock will go, but should be made based on personal finance factors, such as balancing your portfolio, liquidity, etc. With RCL shares, one factor is taking advantage of the OBC.

Lots of people complaining about not being able to combine the shareholders credit with other OBC's. If you have other investments, do you get ANY perks from them; free food at McDonalds, toys at Toys-R-Us etc.? NO!

True, true, true!!

I feel your pain. :cool: I'm waiting until it gets less painful to sell. Meanwhile, I'm taking advantage of the booking onboard OBC that we CAN combine with diamond balcony discounts again.

Can you please explain your combining the OBC and the diamond balcony discount. Do you think this would apply to X on the Elite level?

I am the OP and I posted something earlier but it disappeared. I don't know why unless it was because I posted my buying price.

I just wanted to say that I appreciated everyone's input (which is what I wrote before too).

Actually, I was asking for your advice and venting.

Thanks everyone.

Archived