b day on board... how 2 celebrate????

littlemissk

i will be crusing round the carribean in march on the sea princess wiv my 13 yr old son, and it will be my 32nd b day while on board. apart from throwin myself overboard cus i'm gettin old:p can u please suggest good ways 2 celebrate in the evening ..i.e a meal or something i can pre-book ??? thanks xxx

I'm celebrating my birthday ( abit older than you!) on Star Princess early next month and like the OP said, if you put it on your Cruise Personaliser, you'll get the balloons and a small cake. I also try and make a nice evening of it by reserving a table at one of the "pay" restaurants, and if it's a formal night, all the better as I can dress up.

thanks i ave put it in the personalizer, i will order sum flowers and thinking about booking sabbatinis but wot ever i do i will either get my mum whos not coming wiv us or the steward 2 let my son know wots happening so that he can take all the credit 4 it while i look suitably surprised and greatfull ;) xx

On our upcoming Crown Princess cruise in December, we are celebrating both my son's 13th and my husband's 50th. My son's birthday is Dec. 18, which is the day that we embark, and when I went into the cruise personalizer, it only gave me the choice of Dec. 19, 20, 21 or 22 as the day to celebrate. Do they not do celebrations on embarkation day? If they do, how do I go about requesting the 18th?

Thanks, Linda.

On our upcoming Crown Princess cruise in December, we are celebrating both my son's 13th and my husband's 50th. My son's birthday is Dec. 18, which is the day that we embark, and when I went into the cruise personalizer, it only gave me the choice of Dec. 19, 20, 21 or 22 as the day to celebrate. Do they not do celebrations on embarkation day? If they do, how do I go about requesting the 18th?

Thanks, Linda.

Just take a moment to speak with the Maitre D prior to your dinner that evening and he will arrange for a cake after your meal and the waitstaff will all sing Happy Birthday. Go ahead and select Dec 19 on your cruse personalizer so his birthday is noted but when you board let your room steward know as soon as possible that it is his birthday and ask if he can put up the balloons that evening when he makes up your room.

Just take a moment to speak with the Maitre D prior to your dinner that evening and he will arrange for a cake after your meal and the waitstaff will all sing Happy Birthday. Go ahead and select Dec 19 on your cruse personalizer so his birthday is noted but when you board let your room steward know as soon as possible that it is his birthday and ask if he can put up the balloons that evening when he makes up your room.

Thanks so much!

Thanks, Linda.

Also, let them know at the teen club. Although it is the first night they may be able to do a little something. They have always been great for my son's BD but it never fell on embarkation day.

I haven't finished my first cup of coffee this am, so I probably need someone else to confirm or (what's the opposite of confirm?) this, but I seem to remember anniversaries and birthdays being done differently on our cruise last spring. I think I remember a little congratulatory note with a "coupon" for a birthday/anniversary cake being in the cabin, with directions to take the coupon to dinner whichever night you wanted your cake. I never got around to doing that, even though we had 2 events to celebrate. The cake is better than some of the other desserts, but not good enough to warrant the attention of all the waiters singing to me--LOL. Now if my kids or grandkids or parents were onboard and celebrating, I'd have it done for them in a minute.;)

I liked it better on our first cruise--3 of us had birthdays that week, and instead of singing, they brought us a bottle of wine each night.:o I think the wine was a gift from our TA; our waiter didn't believe that 3 of the 6 of us actually had b'days the same week.

And door decorations: I've found that to be hit or miss, so if you want them, be sure to remind your steward.

Get on the ship before 12:00 and try to get reservations for the Chef's Table. This is an awesome meal and would be a great B-Day gift. The $75 per person charge includes a galley tour, two(2) 8x10 photos of you and the chef, a cook book signed by the Executive Chef, an AMAZING meal with non stop wine and champagne paired with every course. We calculated with all the wine and champagne that we drank, this meal would have cost us over $350. Sign up early,...the Chef's Table is limited to 10 people. They may or may not have a 2nd Chef's Table on your cruise,...it depends on popularity.

Have FUN whatever you decide to do!

Get on the ship before 12:00 and try to get reservations for the Chef's Table. This is an awesome meal and would be a great B-Day gift. The $75 per person charge includes a galley tour, two(2) 8x10 photos of you and the chef, a cook book signed by the Executive Chef, an AMAZING meal with non stop wine and champagne paired with every course. We calculated with all the wine and champagne that we drank, this meal would have cost us over $350. Sign up early,...the Chef's Table is limited to 10 people. They may or may not have a 2nd Chef's Table on your cruise,...it depends on popularity.

Have FUN whatever you decide to do!

i am considering the chefs table looks lovely but little unsure as wether my son will eat the food ... or for me for that matter :o and really dont want to offend the chef !! but it does look really special so may go and can always stop at the buffet afterwards;) xx

i am considering the chefs table looks lovely but little unsure as wether my son will eat the food ... or for me for that matter :o and really dont want to offend the chef !! but it does look really special so may go and can always stop at the buffet afterwards;) xx

I was curious about the previous reco as the OP indicated there was a teen involved -- do teens ever go to the Chef's Table?

Littlemissk,

I think Chef's Table is a great idea for foodies, but I am not sure that a 13 year old, no matter how grown up, will enjoy it. It is many courses over several hours and it is only food and drink after the galley tour; no other "entertainment".

If you want to do something together, perhaps the Ultimate Ship Tour which includes places others do not get to go may be more enjoyable for him as well as fun for you if you like that kind of thing.

Personally, I would pick a "just for me" treat (whether Spa treatment or whatever) for a Sea Day whether my exact birthday or not and then pick a shore excursion or other treat together for a second celebration.

At 13 I suspect he is just as good as the rest of us adults on this Board at surfing to figure out something that sounds fun.

We were on an Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago and I was celebrating a milestone birthday. There were balloons by our cabin door and a small cake at dinner.

Also, we had the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast that day, since it was my b'day we were cruising the glaciers. :) Great way to spend a b'day (or any day)!

I think I remember a little congratulatory note with a "coupon" for a birthday/anniversary cake being in the cabin, with directions to take the coupon to dinner whichever night you wanted your cake.

If you are in traditional dining, the waitstaff should know about the occasion and not need a card.

If you are in anytime dining, they would not know which dining room and at which table you would be eating. This is why you need the card (coupon) to bring with you to give to your waiter that night.

You are not limited to celebrating in one of the dining rooms. If you are at a specialty restaurant, you can present the card there or just let them know it is your special day if you do not have a card because you are normally in traditional dining.

Does anyone know if you can request the type of cake you want for your b'day. I am one of those strange people that does not like chocolate!

Chez

Speak to the headwaiter the day before you will celebrate.

If anything can be done for your situation, he will be the one to cause it to happen.

• 4 weeks later...

We have celebrated anniversaries, birthdays anything worth celebrating. I go to the 99 cent store and buy glow in the dark eyeglasses for everyone 3 for 99cents, we wear them to dinner , best on formal night! everyone thinks we are weird but all ask where did you get those, then we wear them all night to the show and beyond. Really fun conversation pieces, plus we decorate the door of the celebrant, lots of fun!

Archived