I know another Early Saver Post but,

lillulu

I have a question to ask. Carnival has knocked their price down on balconys on my sailing. Now My question is. I don't want to change cabins and move up to a higher balcony, I am just wondering if I can get the price difference? I booked early save and these new prices are for past guest (which I am). If I can get it I would get an on board credit for $80.00. That's the price difference from what I paid.

Anyone happen to know the answer? Thanks in advance

Lulu

Just wanted to add...I have a cove balcony room already...thats why I don't want to change cabins.

I have a question to ask. Carnival has knocked their price down on balconys on my sailing. Now My question is. I don't want to change cabins and move up to a higher balcony, I am just wondering if I can get the price difference? I booked early save and these new prices are for past guest (which I am). If I can get it I would get an on board credit for $80.00. That's the price difference from what I paid.

Lulu

Just wanted to add...I have a cove balcony room already...thats why I don't want to change cabins.

be sure and put that info (past guest price) on the form in the spot that ask for where/what the price reduction is for.

Lulu

If a Category above your ES cabin falls below your cabin you can upgrade to the higher cabin and get the price difference. The Policy is that you HAVE to take the upgrade - but there have been some posts where customers were able to just get the price difference. ken

If the price reduction included a free upgrade I would just write "Please apply credit only, I do not wish to be upgraded" in the comments section of the price protection form. They have always given me the difference and did not upgrade my cabin.

If the price reduction included a free upgrade I would just write "Please apply credit only, I do not wish to be upgraded" in the comments section of the price protection form. They have always given me the difference and did not upgrade my cabin.

Unless the price is lower for YOUR cabin this isnt going to work. They will not apply a price for a free upgrade you dont take, which is what the OP is asking about. The OP has to price match to the exact category they are in. If they are in a 8A and now there is a free upgrade to 8D, they either take the 8D or they dont, they dont get what the price difference is .. which is what they asked about.

In August we had two cabins a balcony and an interior directly opposite. Each time price reductions came up and I filled out a form I specifically requested NOT to be moved but to have OBC for the difference and it was granted each time. You have nothing to lose by requesting as long as you specify "please to not change cabin number". If you don't qualify they will nicely say you are not entitled. Good luck, OBC is a wonderful thing.

Unless the price is lower for YOUR cabin this isnt going to work. They will not apply a price for a free upgrade you dont take, which is what the OP is asking about. The OP has to price match to the exact category they are in. If they are in a 8A and now there is a free upgrade to 8D, they either take the 8D or they dont, they dont get what the price difference is .. which is what they asked about.

Ok here we go again.

I booked a cabin 4G for my B2B cruises on the Liberty. I reviewed the past guest guest rates and they were offering 4A at a lower price than what I booked a 4G, as well as a free upgrade to a 4H. I sent the form in asking for the discounted price and please do not upgrade. They gave me the discount on more than one occasion. That is what I am talking about.

Sorry if I confused anybody out there.

I have had the same situation several times, just asked for the credit and to be left where I was and it has always been accomadated.

Ok here we go again.

I booked a cabin 4G for my B2B cruises on the Liberty. I reviewed the past guest guest rates and they were offering 4A at a lower price than what I booked a 4G, as well as a free upgrade to a 4H. I sent the form in asking for the discounted price and please do not upgrade. They gave me the discount on more than one occasion. That is what I am talking about.

Sorry if I confused anybody out there.

I understood what you said ...just was clarifying too. The OP is free to say do not upgrade in the comments. It did sound to me like they were not wanting the price now of their category, but the difference in price if they had taken a upgrade. It would be the difference from the new price for their category minus what they paid .. have to use the price they paid as the cost basis.

Archived