Epic Posh area

maja

I am curious how this will work out. Seashark, did you buy a day pass or week pass? Was it worth it?

For $15 do you think passenger would prefer a dinner at a specialty restaurant or day access to another sundeck with a bar?

I would love to see Posh with the nightclub theme it was dreamed to be.

SeaShark posted some great pictures of Posh on another thread.

I am thinking Posh will be my place for bomboyage :)

I am curious how this will work out. Seashark, did you buy a day pass or week pass? Was it worth it?

For $15 do you think passenger would prefer a dinner at a specialty restaurant or day access to another sundeck with a bar?

I would love to see Posh with the nightclub theme it was dreamed to be.

SeaShark posted some great pictures of Posh on another thread.

I am thinking Posh will be my place for bomboyage :)

I had the week pass.

I enjoyed my time in Posh. Can't tell on the dinner vs sundeck question. Different people have different tastes. What works for one does not work for another. Only the person themself can determine which item is preferred over another.

Sadly, the nightclub option just isn't going to happen....and believe me, there are soooooooo many evening entertainment options on this ship that you will NOT miss Posh.

Unless you are in a suite, don't count on Posh for bon voyage...the passes don't go on sail until the 2nd day of the cruise.

Thanks SeaShark...

Can you elaborate a little more on what the $15 a day covers. You mentioned butlers. What would a butler do for you that the guys from the bar don't do? I remember the area vaguely from the NY inaugural but can't remember it's convenience to the pool or Spice H2O. I'm assuming that you can't use the suite pools or hot tubs.

Thanks SeaShark...

Can you elaborate a little more on what the $15 a day covers. You mentioned butlers. What would a butler do for you that the guys from the bar don't do? I remember the area vaguely from the NY inaugural but can't remember it's convenience to the pool or Spice H2O. I'm assuming that you can't use the suite pools or hot tubs.

As we discussed on the other thread, the pass is available starting the 2nd day of the cruise for either $15 per day or $59 for the remainder of the week. The pass gives you access (for one person) to Posh. They will give you a key card for the door, along with a wrist band that must be worn.

You have access to Posh and can purchase drinks from the bar. I can't speak on butlers as I was not the person who mentioned them.

Spice H20 is at the rear of the ship, while Posh is at the rear of the "hat"...so there is some distance between them. You will have access to the pool deck via one of the glass elevators (and the stairs, of course).

You would NOT have access to the Courtyard facilities. The Courtyard is located on decks 16 and 17. Posh is on Deck 18 and is surrounded by the public sundecks.

In the other thread, I posted a number of photos from Posh along with a deckplan to show the relationship between Posh, the Public Sundecks, and the Courtyard Sundeck.

So for $15 you get access to a VIP sun deck ? I saw the pictures and it looks pretty nice, but it's hard to 'really' understand the advantage when compared to regular non-VIP decks (:)) until you board the ship.... I mean, is it much less busy so you get more peace and quiet ? You mentioned it's up to the individual, but for $30 (me and the girlfriend) I'd rather get into a bucket of beer.... unless of course there's something I'm missing as to why it would be worth it to pay for access....

What reason did you pay the $60 ? Maybe that might help shed some light....

So for $15 you get access to a VIP sun deck ? I saw the pictures and it looks pretty nice, but it's hard to 'really' understand the advantage when compared to regular non-VIP decks (:)) until you board the ship.... I mean, is it much less busy so you get more peace and quiet ? You mentioned it's up to the individual, but for $30 (me and the girlfriend) I'd rather get into a bucket of beer.... unless of course there's something I'm missing as to why it would be worth it to pay for access....

What reason did you pay the $60 ? Maybe that might help shed some light....

This is the point I've tried to make here...and on many other threads on this board.

What is good/important to one person may or may not be good/important to another. This applies to choices between cruise lines, restaurants, entertainment venues, cabin types, and even private sundeck access. Each individual has to make the decision for themselves. My reasons are personal and applicable to me, just as your reasons are personal and applicable to you.

For some, time on a sundeck is the most important thing. While others may never even set foot on the sundeck. IOW...one person may feel the charge is the best deal going, while another may think the price is outrageous.

If you yourself can't see the value in having access, then it would not be logical for you to pay for that access.

^^ Thanks for the reply, but if your reason is personal then why bother typing that all out ? I understand that each person has their own reason/thinking behind the decisions they make and that goes with everything in life. Discussing those reasons amongst each other help us to solidify our own opinions. I thought that was the whole point of this forum. Anyway, the pictures you posted painted a good picture - thanks.

^^ Thanks for the reply, but if your reason is personal then why bother typing that all out ? I understand that each person has their own reason/thinking behind the decisions they make and that goes with everything in life. Discussing those reasons amongst each other help us to solidify our own opinions. I thought that was the whole point of this forum. Anyway, the pictures you posted painted a good picture - thanks.

I type it out as explaination for the casual thread reader.

I can't tell you if admission to Posh is going to be a value to you, just like you can't tell me what is going to be of value to me. However, you will see many many many people trying to do just that in these forums.

IMHO knowing what we want/like/need and basing our decisions on those criteria is what is important. The need to solidify our own opinions based on the opinions of others makes us sheep...at least IMHO.

I would, of course be happy to address Posh (or anything else that I have knowledge of, for that matter) based on definable criteria. For example, Posh admission may be worth it to you if there was a hot tub, but not worth it if there was not a hot tub...so I could answer the "Is there a hot tub in Posh?" question (there is not, btw)...but asking "Will I enjoy Posh" or "Did you like Posh" type questions may not address what is important to the person doing the asking.

Just curious, I must have missed it.

Where did anyone see that Posh is adult only?

The following is pasted direclty from NCL's Press Release on Posh:

POSH Beach Club - the best nightlife day or night. Adult guests who purchase a POSH pass for the day or the week will take a private glass elevator to enter this luxurious and exclusive outdoor entertainment complex styled with Mediterranean flare and combined with the sizzle of South Beach and the Riviera. During the day, guests can lounge on white-cushioned day beds and in private cabanas in a sun-kissed setting and cool off in the 35-foot long cascading waterfall while the POSH VIP Host and crew cater to every whim. At night, things heat up as POSH Beach Club becomes an open air night club, complete with VIP bottle service, while the DJ sets the vibe for the non-stop party. Four POSH experiences a day are delivered:

Early Morning (6 to 9 am) - POSH Vive

Guests awake to yoga classes and body-and-soul treatments in private cabanas as the sun rises and the day starts anew.

Morning (9 to Noon am) - POSH Rehab

Guests can relax and recover from a night out with Salty Dogs, Bloody Mary's, and mimosas combined with chill out tunes.

Afternoon (Noon to 6 pm) - POSH Sol

The best nightlife in the daytime with guests lounging on day beds, enjoying funky beach music and spiked POSH snow cones while chilling under a lit waterfall.

Evening (8 pm to whenever) - Pure POSH

A pure, sizzling, sexy, nightlife experience where guests enjoy sparkling drinks and bottle service served on silver trays. Look out Vegas, the vibe here is hot... guests can dance all night under the stars or lounge on a POSH bed... truly Riviera style.

While they don't come out and use the words "No Children Allowed", they do say the features are available to "Adult guests who purchase a POSH pass...".

Additionally, in describing the POSH experiences, the following phrasing is used:

• yoga classes and body-and-soul treatments in private cabanas
  • recover from a night out with Salty Dogs, Bloody Mary's, and mimosas
  • spiked POSH snow cones
  • sizzling, sexy, nightlife experience where guests enjoy sparkling drinks and bottle service served on silver trays

Now I will admit up front that I no longer have children at home, so I might not be up to speed on today's parenting "norms", but...

What portion of that description would give someone the idea that this was a place designed for or intended for children?

...I'm just sayin' :rolleyes:

The following is pasted direclty from NCL's Press Release on Posh:

POSH Beach Club - the best nightlife day or night. Adult guests who purchase a POSH pass for the day or the week will take a private glass elevator to enter this luxurious and exclusive outdoor entertainment complex styled with Mediterranean flare and combined with the sizzle of South Beach and the Riviera. During the day, guests can lounge on white-cushioned day beds and in private cabanas in a sun-kissed setting and cool off in the 35-foot long cascading waterfall while the POSH VIP Host and crew cater to every whim.
At night, things heat up as POSH Beach Club becomes an open air night club, complete with VIP bottle service, while the DJ sets the vibe for the non-stop party
. Four POSH experiences a day are delivered:

Early Morning (6 to 9 am) - POSH Vive

Guests awake to yoga classes and body-and-soul treatments in private cabanas as the sun rises and the day starts anew.

Morning (9 to Noon am) - POSH Rehab

Guests can relax and recover from a night out with Salty Dogs, Bloody Mary's, and mimosas combined with chill out tunes.

Afternoon (Noon to 6 pm) - POSH Sol

The best nightlife in the daytime with guests lounging on day beds, enjoying funky beach music and spiked POSH snow cones while chilling under a lit waterfall.

Evening (8 pm to whenever) - Pure POSH

A pure, sizzling, sexy, nightlife experience where guests enjoy sparkling drinks and bottle service served on silver trays. Look out Vegas, the vibe here is hot... guests can dance all night under the stars or lounge on a POSH bed... truly Riviera style.

While they don't come out and use the words "No Children Allowed", they do say the features are available to "Adult guests who purchase a POSH pass...".

Additionally, in describing the POSH experiences, the following phrasing is used:

• yoga classes and body-and-soul treatments in private cabanas
  • recover from a night out with Salty Dogs, Bloody Mary's, and mimosas
  • spiked POSH snow cones
  • sizzling, sexy, nightlife experience where guests enjoy sparkling drinks and bottle service served on silver trays

Now I will admit up front that I no longer have children at home, so I might not be up to speed on today's parenting "norms", but...

What portion of that description would give someone the idea that this was a place designed for or intended for children?

...I'm just sayin' :rolleyes:

Gee, I was just asking, no need to be snarky about it.

But, according to your descriptions, none of the items highlighted above are actually happening. So, how reliable is that press release?

Just saying....

Now, since you bought a pass and were there, maybe you can say whether you saw any children up there, or whether you say any signs prohibiting children from entering the area. If not, I'm assuming children staying in suites will have access.

A lot less people, comfortable cushioned chairs and loungers, and no children. ;)

Hey maybe NCL has something here. Another revenue generator.

Just call it the $15.00 'no kid' fee.....probably get a lot more takers.

I really don't know of any way to make things clearer for you. When I choose something, I base that choice whether I think it will meet my needs. Period.

If it does...that does not necessarily mean that it will meet the needs of the next person.

Sea, what were YOU hoping to accomplish in Posh?

When you say it met your needs, which needs did you have? Peace/tranquility? No chair hogs? Bar nearby? Cushions?

Although you are 100% correct that your assessment of whether your needs were met is personal, understanding what you hoped to satisfy might gel with someone else's requirements too.

That would be helpful to know.

As we have all told another poster, if you state something as your opinion, it may actually be useful.

Something like "I found Posh provided me a hassle-free way to get a comfy lounger in the shade (or in the sun)"

Or

"I found Posh was out of the way and therefore quieter so I could read",

:)

Well. obviously the description of Posh is nothing like NCL described it. I am in an owners suite below and I will certainly use it during the day, as will my daughter who is with me. I see nothing about it being an adults only area and , given that it is just a sundeck, there would be no reason for her not to be there. I don't think people should buy a day pass and expect adults only- people in suites are free to bring their children to Posh- especially as Posh was sold to us as for suite guests only when I booked the cruise. Wonder how NCL will handle it when people in suites who have paid a much bigger premium than $15 head up to Posh only to find out there are no seats as they are taken over by people with day passes (who it seems will be easily identified by a wrist band!)! Seems like a bad plan and if NCL starts selling off suite perks they are going to lose customers who choose suites precisely because of these perks and pay a huge premium to do so

Sea, what were YOU hoping to accomplish in Posh?

When you say it met your needs, which needs did you have? Peace/tranquility? No chair hogs? Bar nearby? Cushions?

Although you are 100% correct that your assessment of whether your needs were met is personal, understanding what you hoped to satisfy might gel with someone else's requirements too.

That would be helpful to know.

As we have all told another poster, if you state something as your opinion, it may actually be useful.

Something like "I found Posh provided me a hassle-free way to get a comfy lounger in the shade (or in the sun)"

Or

"I found Posh was out of the way and therefore quieter so I could read",

:)

All very good points...IF we were trying to determine if ______ is a fit for MY needs.

However, that isn't the case.

As I've tried to explain...over and over and over, with no apparent success...is that we are trying to determine if _____ os a fit for "Person X".

So...if we can learn what is or is not important to "Person X" than we can compare that knowledge to our first-hand experience to attempt to help "Person X" make a more informed decision. That has got to be waaaaaay easier than trying to relate every possible portion of the experience in the hope that I might mention the thing(s) that matter.

It reminds me of the thread that is currently on the board where the OP is asking "Which is better, the Jewel or the Gem?". How do you even answer a question like that without some form of direction? You really can't unless you want to endlessly contrast and compare the two ships in the hope that you will say "something" that is meaningful to the OP.

As an example...the Gem offers bowling, but the Jewel does not. So in asking my opinion, I may...or may not...mention the bowling alley among the points I discuss. However, if the presence of bowling is a "MUST HAVE" for the questioner, then stating that up front takes us directly to "The Gem is the "better" fit".

And that is just one of hundreds of things you could discuss in deciding "which ship is better" or "is Posh worth it" or in resolving any other issue at hand. If a person just wants someone's general opinion, then that is what can be found in the member reviews. If someone has a definitive question(s) to ask, then this is the place.

For those of you who are debating whether or not to buy the Posh pass or whether it is kid-free, just suspend judgment until you are aboard. You can certainly ask about "no kids" before plunking down your $$$, and then if it turns out there are kids, you have grounds for a refund ("I specifically asked about kids when I bought my pass and the guy who took my money said kids weren't allowed, but the area is swarming with kids!"). I would also think you could have a tour of Posh before deciding; in fact, maybe they will even offer tours! They certain do for the spa.

the point about Posh being taken over by daypass people is of concern to me, as someone who HAS plunked down $$$ extra for a suite SPECIFICALLY for suite perks, including the privacy of suite (and a limited # of VIPs) pax only areas. If that were to happen I am definitely going to complain to NCL because that reduces the value of what I have bought, and it is most likely a change in terms of our contract (along with no 24 hour spa access!!). OTOH if Posh isn't super crowded then I'm only slightly miffed, and it isn't a huge deal.

the point about Posh being taken over by daypass people is of concern to me, as someone who HAS plunked down $$$ extra for a suite SPECIFICALLY for suite perks, including the privacy of suite (and a limited # of VIPs) pax only areas. If that were to happen I am definitely going to complain to NCL because that reduces the value of what I have bought, and it is most likely a change in terms of our contract (along with no 24 hour spa access!!). OTOH if Posh isn't super crowded then I'm only slightly miffed, and it isn't a huge deal.

I totally agree with you on this. We have a spa suite...exactly for those reasons - and paid extra for the perks. The PRIMARY reason for the Spa Suite was because of the 24 hr access. Hate going to the spa area when there is a crowd...they are always noisy..even if they are "trying to be quiet"..which defeats the purpose. I would have had no problem going to spa at midnight...or 6am, when there would be less likely chance of a large group in there.

:shruggin: oh well, we'll still have a good time...perhaps visiting there during dinner hours which is typically a good quiet time.

Maybe they should give us onboard credit for the amount of weekly POSH pass...and still give us access?

there has to be misters so I can stay cool, a DJ so I can listen to some musics, and there cannot be any children running around.

In the above example, there are, there isn't, and I didn't see any...but that might just be because of coincidence.

That's good to hear about the misters since the planned waterfall fell by the wayside. I take it that there is just "piped in" music, since you've stated there is no dj (which is absolutely fine by me).

Thanks for sharing!!

Archived