Just curious

Wecruise8

Why aren't there many posts/topics concerning the Ruby. We're booked on the Ruby in Jan. 2011 and would like to hear more about the ship, food service, activities onboard, etc. Anyone been in B748? What did you think? All the other ships seem well spoken about/for so was just wondering about Ruby.

We love the Ruby! We enjoyed the International Cafe, the Lotus Pool, Movies Under The Stars, and Anytime Dining. We usually had breakfast at the buffet, lunch at the IC, and dinner at the Da Vinci Dining Room. The head waiter at the Da Vinci DR was Godwin when we were on board.

You will have a fantastic time. Enjoy your cruise!

She's our favorite ship, as well, and we're very excited to be sailing on her for the 3rd time in just under 2 weeks. As Toddy said, you'll be able to find a LOT of conversations about the Ruby with the search function. After that, if you have any specific questions. I'm sure any of us Ruby fans will be happy to answer them. :D

We will be sailing on the Ruby for a 2nd time in February. She is a beautiful ship. Be sure to visit the International Cafe - their chicken salad is great and their dessert selection is fantastic. We have no complaints from our first cruise on her. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Darlene

There are also 3 roll calls started for January 2011, one for the 2nd, one for the 16th and the last one is for sailing on the 30th. I'm sure you would be welcomed and get very positive info from your fellow passengers if you joined in.

See you on the water,

Rex

The Ruby is my favorite Princess ship. There is lots of information available if you use the search function. If you have any specific questions, I'm sure someone will be able to answer them for you very quickly!

Question about the Lotus Spa Pool: On the website beyondships.com it says "The Lotus Spa Pool is an adults-only area nestled between the Spa and the Sanctuary" Do you have to pay to use this particular pool?

Question about the Lotus Spa Pool: On the website beyondships.com it says "The Lotus Spa Pool is an adults-only area nestled between the Spa and the Sanctuary" Do you have to pay to use this particular pool?

No, the Lotus Pool is for all adult passengers to use. You do not have to pay extra.

No you do not have to pay for this pool. It is beautiful and serene (on the Crown is where I experienced it). The pool is entered from doors just past the check in desk of the spa. The pool is one level below the sanctuary(level 16). There are also 2 hot tubs -- these on our cruise were the warmest hot tubs according to the pool "boy". The first day the pool was freezing but the temp was up after that. There is an outdoor shower at the top of the pool, risers/bleachers to stretch out and sun on (though our high temps of 59F nixed that) and several loungers. The dressing room for the spa is open to all passengers in spite of the signs that say lockers are for spa use only. Careful questioning gets the answer that the signs refer to the lockers (wooden closets that at one time locked but have the locks removed) on the wall. This lovely area has a steam room, 3 showers with glass doors:), a HC shower with handheld, toliets and dressing areas. I just carried a tote with my bathing stuff and slipped my coverup and shoes on after my shower. Smile broadly and the spa staff were very pleasant. This is my favorite pool as it is pretty and quiet and the locker room is just around the corner.

Note spa treatments, sanctuary, thermal suite, medical treatments, nutritional advice lectures, etc are for fee. Gym facilities/treadmills/etc are free -- instruction/classes have a fee. Just ask very directly to keep from getting in a costly and/or embarrasing postion -- the people are selling their service but they are also polite and nice. On our cruise there were NO teens and only 2 children so those pools/areas were open for adults also. Due to the cold rainy foggy weather -- us polar bears had little company.

Been reading alot of negative comments about Princess mattresses and wondering what folks that already sailed Ruby think about the beds. Any constructive views would be appreciated. Will be sailing in a few months and want to be "prepared" :eek: Thanks!

The Ruby is a Grand-class ship and except for a few differences, what applies to the other Grand-class ships applies to the Ruby.

So what class is the Grand Princess in?

I've not done Ruby yet (scheduled for December) but I have done the sister ship Caribbean Princess -- fabulous! While I prefer the special dining rooms on the Diamond/Sapphire (Sante Fe, Pacific Moon), I do love the Cafe Caribe on the Caribbean class ships. I guess I love it all!

So what class is the Grand Princess in?

I've not done Ruby yet (scheduled for December) but I have done the sister ship Caribbean Princess -- fabulous! While I prefer the special dining rooms on the Diamond/Sapphire (Sante Fe, Pacific Moon), I do love the Cafe Caribe on the Caribbean class ships. I guess I love it all!

The Grand Princess was the very first of the "Grand Class" ships. Thus, all the rest of the ships that follow her basic design are referred to generally as "Grand Class". Although, there are some variations, the basic structure and layout is largely the same on all Grand Class ships.

The Caribbean Princess added an extra deck of passenger cabins, and this is also a feature of what some refer to as the "Super Grand Glass" ships (Crown, Emerald and Ruby.) In addition, on the Super Grand's, there was a bit of internal reorganization of some of the venues (for example, the Wheelhouse, Sabatini's and the steak house are in different locations than on the Grand Class), and the most noticable change is that the Skywalker's disco has been moved forward and does not hover above the stern of the ship on "stilts."

Archived